New Conference Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anbuc88 View Post
    Are you serious???? You really think that he would like to stay in a conference with SMU and Houston and Tulane? Joining the the ACC would hurt student athletes more than staying in the current conference? Having shorter trips to UL, Pitt, ND would be worse for the student athlete than going to the previously mentioned schools? Keeping the rivalry with UL and Pitt would be worse than starting one with ECU and UCF? Wow. Not even sure how to respond to this but have to say, you are in the running for the dumbest post EVER.
    He wasn't being serious, just tiresome old fashioned Mick hatred.

Comment

Hatred? It's factual Mick made these complaints. Bottom line, the a10or Mac would benefit with the additions of the schools I mentioned. I don't buy into hype that our New league is better than the Mac. Put uc, uconn, usf AN Memphis in the Mac and the tv deal with increase accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
        Miami (Fl) is farther than all the places you listed (Houston included). Tallahassee (FSU) is about the same distance as New Orleans (Tulane). Boston is about the same distance as Dallas (SMU).
        What about Louisville, Pitt, or ND? Any of the teams in the new league close in distance to these ACC teams? If your initial post was facetious, please let us know. Otherwise, it is the STUPIDEST post of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
          Hatred? It's factual Mick made these complaints. Bottom line, the a10or Mac would benefit with the additions of the schools I mentioned. I don't buy into hype that our New league is better than the Mac. Put uc, uconn, usf AN Memphis in the Mac and the tv deal with increase accordingly.
          Oh my God. Are you related to CincyEngGrad02? You really think UC, UConn, USF, and Memphis would have ANY interest in being in a league with Miami, OhioU, Central michigan, Eastern Michigan, Akron, Buffalo, and the likes. You think USF would love those flights to Ypsilanti, MI in the winter for a BB game. Just the fact that I took the time to respond to you is time I will never get back. Wow.

Comment

Again, Cronin was talking about how the realignment has caused UC to LOSE their close rivals. He was certainly not talking about gaining quality schools close by.
            In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
            Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Give it up already on the MAC cr@p. UC, UConn, USF, Memphis and/or Temple are NOT going to the MAC. Whit and Santa aren't that dumb. Glad you aren't running things at 2751 O'Varsity Way.
              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Lot of people in denial here.

Comment

Yeah, you're the only sane one here.LOL.

Comment

Here ya go. If you want MAC football, go here:

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketH...37&IN_PARKING=

or here since you're an eastside guy:

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketH...GORIES_ID=6501

Enjoy!

Red Rocker
                    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by cmm27 View Post
                      Again, Cronin was talking about how the realignment has caused UC to LOSE their close rivals. He was certainly not talking about gaining quality schools close by.
                      Fair points, and if that's the case (which I now agree with you), then UC really should look at the MAC. That conference would definitely help the student athelets just as coach Cronin said. I'm all for that.
                      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

I don't buy into hype that our New league is better than the Mac. Put uc, uconn, usf AN Memphis in the Mac and the tv deal with increase accordingly.
                        You could not be more wrong.... Numbers dont lie, and while ours wont be as large, but the Mac's will be about 8 million smaller as well. I have taken this from a previous post of mine, from a different community

"As much as I enjoy MAC football, the only way I want to see Cincy in the MAC is if they go ahead and say "**** it, lets just play shootyhoops." They would send their shootyhoops team to play with the Catholic 7 and just field a football team for shits and giggles.
                        As big of a Joke that the Big East is, the numbers from this year still tell the tale, of how far ahead they are from the MAC
                        Big East total profit 94 million
                        Conference USA 26.5 Million
                        MAC 22 million ( thats with a BCS bowl, so in normal years this number is about 8 million smaller)."

Comment

Originally posted by Banter View Post
                          You could not be more wrong.... Numbers dont lie, and while ours wont be as large, but the Mac's will be about 8 million smaller as well. I have taken this from a previous post of mine, from a different community

"As much as I enjoy MAC football, the only way I want to see Cincy in the MAC is if they go ahead and say "**** it, lets just play shootyhoops." They would send their shootyhoops team to play with the Catholic 7 and just field a football team for shits and giggles.
                          As big of a Joke that the Big East is, the numbers from this year still tell the tale, of how far ahead they are from the MAC
                          Big East total profit 94 million
                          Conference USA 26.5 Million
                          MAC 22 million ( thats with a BCS bowl, so in normal years this number is about 8 million smaller)."
                          Also, the league will continue to be the waiting room for the ACC or B12 should the ACC get raided or B12 get an itchy trigger finger. C-USA, MAC, etc. will not have teams taken ahead of the new league members should a poaching occur.

This discussion is assinine.

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Can't believe nobody will let this go... Not going anywhere till invited, mac or a10 are not an option, no money, no name teams to beat.

Comment

Please don't feed the troll.

Comment

I'm not trolling. But I find it amusing everyone agrees, get out of the conference, asap. But only if its the acc or big 12. I hate to point out the obvious, but when was the last time uc was in a "power conference?. I honestly believe were not going getting an invite anywhere, Cincinnati is a hard luck sports city. I would love to get the invite, trust me, but the more I think about it, were not a premier college, and were not mid major, were stuck in the middle. Hopefully in the near future I can eat those words, but that's my hunch for what its worth.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X