Big 12 talk is back thanks to Texas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcatgary View Post
    > Another rumored candidate, Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, has repeatedly denied that he would be interested in the Texas job.

It's pretty sad when the commissioner of the league is rumored to be in running for the AD job of a school who he supposedly administers.

--Gary
    Probably reading too much into this but it makes you wonder about the strength or future of the league. Does he see the writing on the wall, when Texas goes there goes the stability of the league?

Comment

The Red River Rivalry is a game to watch today at noon. Deloss Dodds is stepping down. Mack Brown might be on his last gasp if Texas gets blown out. Rick Barnes is a sitting duck.

Texas officials were quoted as being concerned about A&M surpassing them in importance in the state in sports and in general. They look like they are about to make wholesale changes in 3 sports.

This game probably has has very real expansion implications IMO.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope it still has expansion implications, although Texas did the blowing out.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
          I hope it still has expansion implications, although Texas did the blowing out.
          Draw what conclusion you may but DeLoss Dodd's is still stepping down and Every sportswriter I've talked with still thinks that Mack is done regardless of Texas' performance in the RRR.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Warning rumor mill:

Two prominent twitter accounts associated with WVU have Oliver Luck headed to Texas as AD. This supposedly sets in motion dominoes that bring in UC, UCF and USF into the Big 12. One of the accounts is semi respected and one is generally not.

Personally as much crap as I give Chip Brown at Orangebloods he was right on Dodds and I'm frankly waiting for him to say something on the Oliver Luck front.

The Oliver Luck angle has been a popular one.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would understand if Oliver Luck took the Texas job if he was offered it, but him being at West Virginia I believe is a great thing for Cincinnati. Huge rumors today is that the Big XII really wants Central Florida and Cincinnati. They may go to 14 with any of the following combinations included to the previously mentioned schools. ECU, Memphis, South Florida, and even UCONN. It is hopefully going to be a interesting ride with us landing in the BIG XII.

Comment

Wow! I hope you are right. That would be a great early Christmas present for UC fans.
                JDBearcat
                RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

I've seen the line up as UC, UCF, BYU, and USF for 14 teams. If they can't get BYU, then last team is basically open for discussion.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Please please please!

Comment

I feel bad for UCONN, but... as our other past conference mates have done... CYA! I'd be happy with us and UCF or USF... I'll still miss the louisville rivalry though.

Comment

The Oliver Luck angle is somewhat interesting. Wv sports are pretty much in the crapper. I guess they go enough money in the deal to take the heat off of wins and losses. Fball is pretty much a disaster, and Huggins had almost have his roster from last year(5 players) transfer. Oh well, as the world turns.. Maybe it's some angle to get Andre Luck to the Cowboys or Texans at some point. Oil money, you have to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          I've seen the line up as UC, UCF, BYU, and USF for 14 teams. If they can't get BYU, then last team is basically open for discussion.
                          Here is the link to the article that has everyone stirred up...not the most glowing compliments to UC.

http://sportige.com/college-football...nnati-10-2013/

Comment

Originally posted by Dambee View Post
                            Here is the link to the article that has everyone stirred up...not the most glowing compliments to UC.

http://sportige.com/college-football...nnati-10-2013/
                            This reads like an intelligent write up of the stuff that The Dude and MHver3 were throwing out on twitter. I would take this article with a grain of salt. It EXTREMELY similar to what came out last night.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Everyone is preparing for these supposed meetings that are suppose to take place in January. If the NCAA says that the conferences have to have a championship game, pack your bags we're heading west. If the NCAA says no championship game required we'll be in the AAC until the next wave of tv contracts is up.

Comment

The other factor you have to consider is if the big 12 hints at adding teams like this article suggests, is there any possibility the acc or big ten make a preemptive strike to grow to 14 or 16 teams(acc). Those tv rights deals seem a little shakey from what i've heard, but there are definitely rumblings out there re: big ten. One thing is for certain, we have to give cronin credit for getting us back in the game for bball to where we are a top 25 contender. It may seem irrelevant, but it got us an upgrade last time so bball is not totally off the map. You are not going to win big in fball every year. Just to many moving parts to not have non championship seasons.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X