No announcement yet.

Big 12 talk is back thanks to Texas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to discount anything you said but the WV Twitter hacks have a internal promotion pegged. Cummins??. I believe? What do you know about him?

edit: Mullens is who I was thinking of. Also one of the WVU twitter hacks quit Twitter today at a very odd time. MHVer3.
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

My family is from West Virginia and they are as passionate about WVU as we are UC, they are only hearing 2 candiates, Whit and Rob Mullens who is the AD at Orgeon. Mullens is from Morgantown and went to WVU and we all know Whit got his start at WVU.

Comment

You can add Huggins to that short list, Mullins being number 1 on the list. But I seriously doubt if he will walk away from potential BCS championship game on the horizon. Some have Luck being announced sometime next week, and wvu wants to announce shortly afterwards, they won't wait until after championship game unless Whit and Bob turn them down.
        Bryan Shaw

Comment

Losing Whit could be pretty devastating to the state of athletics at UC. He has been a great AD and ambassador for the school...

Comment

Looks like it's done but the annoucement for Luck to Texas:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1567518

Comment

SB Nation chiming in.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...irector-rumors
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In theory, the major heavy lifting is done with the renovation of Nippert on its way. Nippert revenue is the financial engine which should pay for fixing Fifth Third (one day).

UC will be ok if they replace him with quality, which they should, given the school is next in line in the game of musical chairs. Whoever is AD will get the credit for moving UC to a bigger conference.

Which leads me to doubt that he'd leave for WVU. You're going from what is essentially one bottom of the Big 12 school to another bottom of the Big 12 school.

If he leaves, I would suspect it would be for a program in the Big Ten, ACC or SEC, like Mike Thomas did.

Originally posted by mjv780 View Post
                Losing Whit could be pretty devastating to the state of athletics at UC. He has been a great AD and ambassador for the school...

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
                  Which leads me to doubt that he'd leave for WVU. You're going from what is essentially one bottom of the Big 12 school to another bottom of the Big 12 school.

If he leaves, I would suspect it would be for a program in the Big Ten, ACC or SEC, like Mike Thomas did.
                  There major differences between WVU and UC at this time and in the near future.

1. Their football capacity is @ 60,000

2. They are already in a Power Five Conference

3. Name recognition as a football school - recognition only as the programs are quite comparible the last 5-7 years and they are struggling in Big 12 as I think we would as well - IMHO football is about an equal wash

If I were Whit, I'd make the jump unless he has direct knowledge on rumors where is fire to the smoke of UC to the Big 12
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Yes but Whit brought TT here. Does he leave UC & TT behind? If so, what does TT do from this point on? I know he said if he left Cincy, he would be without a wife but stuff
                    happens. I hope we don't lose Whit & then are able to get into a bigger conference.
                    JDBearcat
                    RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

i would also suspect wv pays significantly more $ for an ad than uc. could be wrong, but that would be a game changer for anyone.

Comment

According to USA Today, Whit currently makes $364,000 here at UC.
                        Oliver Luck currently makes $625,000 at WVU.

Not saying that Whit's salary at WVU would be equal to what Luck makes at WVU, but I think it's pretty apparent that if WVU wants to offer the position to Whit, he will get a pretty substantial pay increase with the new position.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ology/1968783/

Comment

Has Whit been rumored to be going over there (outside of board speculations)?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
                            Has Whit been rumored to be going over there (outside of board speculations)?
                            The WV twitter types are saying Whit is #2 or #3 on the list, the other choice being Huggins which makes no sense to me.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              The WV twitter types are saying Whit is #2 or #3 on the list, the other choice being Huggins which makes no sense to me.
                              Huggins will not be the next AD. Bookmarket!
                              Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Team View Post
                                According to USA Today, Whit currently makes $364,000 here at UC.

Oliver Luck currently makes $625,000 at WVU.
                                http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ology/1968783/
                                According to that article Tom Jurick at Louisville makes 1.4 mil. Holy Carp, Batman! How do they come up with that much payola???

And David Williams at Vanderbilt makes 3.2 mil. I'm in the wrong business!!!
                                Last edited by cpawstoney; 10-29-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X