X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans actually show up at their games.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
      According to that article Tom Jurick at Louisville makes 1.4 mil. Holy Carp, Batman! How do they come up with that much payola???

And David Williams at Vanderbilt makes 3.2 mil. I'm in the wrong business!!!
      I thought it was Vanderbilt that recently publicized abolishing the AD position; but maybe that was Wake Forest.
      In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
      Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

The problem is no matter how full our stands are, the real money in these programs comes from big contributions by wealthy alums and followers. We have nothing to compare to this.

Comment

that never hurts, but if you take the difference between 13,176 and 8000 a game that is big money to an athletic dept. seven figure amts of money annually are difference makers.

Comment

Because of the stadium expansion UC will get guaranteed 7 figure numbers from Football every year... even if nobody shows up for a single football game. Right now confirmed figures are 4+ million every year for 10 years + whatever all the general seating sales and concessions bring. Not to shabby for our little (soon to be) 40,000 stadium
            Last edited by 98bearcat; 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Interesting take on Big 12 expansion from an Illinois writer:

http://frankthetank.me/2013/10/30/th...-its-all-over/

Comment

it's nice to actually read something positive for a change even if he has no say.

Comment

Comment

There is a scenario where the ACC and Big 12 are both looking to add, and if so I think UC goes to the ACC.

Comment

Looks like Oliver Luck might not be the guy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...2_a3&eref=sihp

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
                        Looks like Oliver Luck might not be the guy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...2_a3&eref=sihp
                        you're right:
                        http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/boh...-texas-ad-job/

now, can UC get into the B12 or ACC?

Comment

So what does this mean? Luck sounded like he was at least going to get things moving again. Hopefully Patterson does as well. I think I would rather have UC in the ACC myself.

Comment

So, this would be the 1,098,995,000th rumor. Probably nothing...seeing as it's coming from a 20 year old kid. But I get excited (probably only to be let down) regardless.

http://cincyontheprowl.com/2013/11/0...-big-12-bound/

Comment

Originally posted by uccat04 View Post
                              So, this would be the 1,098,995,000th rumor. Probably nothing...seeing as it's coming from a 20 year old kid. But I get excited (probably only to be let down) regardless.

http://cincyontheprowl.com/2013/11/0...-big-12-bound/
                              I was just getting ready to post this myself. Where there is smoke...hopefully there is at least a pilot light on?

Comment

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
                                So what does this mean? Luck sounded like he was at least going to get things moving again. Hopefully Patterson does as well. I think I would rather have UC in the ACC myself.
                                The ACC with Miami and Fla State, a competitive Va Tech and G. Tech, Duke on the rise is a better top than the Big10 and would give a better strength of schedule too. I would argue that the top of the Big 12 is better and more steeped in history, thus more likely to stay at top and also to survive.

Let's face it, the ACC is not going to die because ESPN loves their basketball. Oh wait, haven't we heard that about the Big east last few years? Of course I jest because ESPN never liked the BEast (three years ago nor now). My main argument is the Big 12 is like a sleeping giant. Texas is the stumbling block! Once the Big 12 accepts expansion as a means of expanding conference tv footprint, vs just Longhorn Network, then the Big 12 will rank among the top 3 conferences with the SEC and a rotation of the other 3 Power Five conferences. ACC, Pac and BIG will have a team or two always, but only every few years have multiple teams competitive (NC worthy competitive). The SEC has set the bar beyond comprehension, but I believe the Big 12 is the only conference with a chance at competing with the SEC year in and year out, if they get Texas to calm their ego just a little (okay a lot).

For these reasons I would hope that UC is invited to join and accepts the invitation from the Big 12.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X