X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Strong recommendation on WVU board.

http://westvirginia.scout.com/forums...65730227?s=159
    We just have to hope the B12 brass make the call. I don't think the ACC will. They're set, barring another raid of their talent.

Comment

• Unfortunately i believe WV has very little sway in the big12. The big 12's demise might be the best thing. The remaining schools hook up with some AAC schools and Mwest and an improved competitive hybrid is born.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        Strong recommendation on WVU board.

http://westvirginia.scout.com/forums...65730227?s=159
        Man, somebody did their homework on this one. Those are some nice stats.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• FYI.... the Intern from Memphis insists that the Memphis & UCF to Big12 deal will happen and Big12 is currently negotiating with AAC on exit fees for the 2 teams... Umm, I question that statement because when, in the past, has the new conference ever negotiated anything with the old conference?? It was my understanding that it was the schools responsibility of taking care of their exit process and the new conference may offer assistance to the school in the form of paying half the fees for reduced payouts... but never 2 conferences talking directly..... or am I wrong on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post
            FYI.... the Intern from Memphis insists that the Memphis & UCF to Big12 deal will happen
            do you have any idea how pissed i'll be if those two get in and UC doesn't?

stupid interns.

Comment

• Surprise!! plot twist: AD Oliver Luck just left WVU for the NCAA's new regulatory VP position. I'm not sure who that leaves in charge in Morgantown but that might be why Huggins spoke up.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...vice-president
              Last edited by Lobot; 12-17-2014, 05:15 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post
                do you have any idea how pissed i'll be if those two get in and UC doesn't?

stupid interns.
                That would most likely mean UC and UConn to the ACC has been determined. It would be a huge coup if UC played Big 12 interest to force the ACC to pull the trigger.
                In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

• ^I hope that you are correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmm27 View Post
                    That would most likely mean UC and UConn to the ACC has been determined. It would be a huge coup if UC played Big 12 interest to force the ACC to pull the trigger.
                    I'm not sure we can read anything at all like that. Let's suppose, for sake of argument, that the intern really has accurate information. Just because UM & UCF are in the B12's future doesn't mean that either UC or UConn are going anywhere. I would like to hope that we could get out from this mess of conference, but I wouldn't want to extrapolate that UC's position would be improved under such a scenario at the intern suggests.

In fact, UC and UConn could be in worse shape than before, as UCF's football and UM's basketball would be replaced by ... more C-USA trash?

I guess it comes down to whether the intern (again, accepting his accuracy) knows anything concerning schools beyond UM and UCF.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmm27 View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing. Why would the Big 12 choose Memphis and UCF over us? The best reason I can think of is that we turned them down due to an impending deal with the ACC. The ACC was close to choosing UConn before U of L convinced them otherwise, and we were widely regarded as the next in line. It would make sense if the ACC wanted to be the first 16 team super conference to add UC and UConn. Unless this whole thing is mindless banter and wild speculation - a real possibility.
                      ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• UCF would make sense if the Big12 wanted the Florida market. Memphis makes sense if in fact, the FedEx owner is going to fund it. We as die hard fans find it difficult that any expansion would take place without UC but there are a whole lot of elements in play.

Comment

• http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...-bid/20766117/

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ing-10-schools

Alot of people like to assume that we are going to the Big 12 sooner rather than later but I have long thought that we are probably screwed and stuck in the AAC for along time if not forever. I hope I am wrong!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
                              http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ing-10-schools

Alot of people like to assume that we are going to the Big 12 sooner rather than later but I have long thought that we are probably screwed and stuck in the AAC for along time if not forever. I hope I am wrong!!
                              Good post. Hopefully this quiets some of the silly people on here talking about the Big 12.
                              Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
                                Good post. Hopefully this quiets some of the silly people on here talking about the Big 12.
                                At this point the official line is always status quo. If they are exploring expansion, what would you expect him to say?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X