No announcement yet.

More proof the Big 12 needs to add us!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want us into a power 5 conf and I have always said it will be the big 12 just based on their situation. All other leagues growing and they try to buck the trend. Usually doesn't work out well for the one that is not like the others. I realize it will benefit us greatly by being in tHe big 12, but part of me wonders if we will be leaving one inept conference to go to a bigger, higher paying one. Seems like the B12 has made a lot of bad moves over the years primarily due to the Texas / OK giant ego issues. Wondering if we will be jumping to yet our 3rd or 4th sinking ship conference. Don't get me wrong - it's a move we have to take even if it only lasts a couple years. Just feels like 2 steps forward, one step back. Will we ever get to a stable conference or is this the new norm?
    Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcat95 View Post
      I realize it will benefit us greatly by being in tHe big 12, but part of me wonders if we will be leaving one inept conference to go to a bigger, higher paying one. Seems like the B12 has made a lot of bad moves over the years primarily due to the Texas / OK giant ego issues. Wondering if we will be jumping to yet our 3rd or 4th sinking ship conference. Don't get me wrong - it's a move we have to take even if it only lasts a couple years.
      I have always wondered if we will eventually end up with 4 power conferences. We had 6 and after the Big East was gone we are down to five. I could see the Big Ten or SEC trying to go after Texas, Oklahoma or both. If that happens does the Big 12 implode leaving 4 with us on the outside? If the Pac12, Big10 or SEC start picking the carcass of the Big12 then we could be in trouble.

Comment

As far as the Big 12 is concerned, if you are not clearly the best in your own league, how can you expect to make the playoff and beat outright champions from other leagues?

Comment

No team from the Big 12 makes the playoffs. I think that helps us. At least I hope so.

Comment

Look, the big10 is not a league who had any great out of conference opponents this year. In fact their early ooc was a disaster. The real proof will be osu's next familiar tussle with the sec. Go bama!

Comment

It came down to not having a championship game. They need 12 to have one and are currently at 10. Pieces are falling in place, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a Big 12 rep was at the game yesterday.
              In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
              Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Comment

ha! that's a classic cya comment. if he didn't see this coming, then he shouldn't be leading the big 12. what will be interesting will be to see if any of the other conferences take preemptive strikes in anticipation of the big 12 trying to expand. it's not out of the question the acc would try to get bigger with teams like a uc if it's easier now than later. it's hard to see how the big 12 acts. they may be very deliberate and try to test the waters with other p5 members first. they are a group that has historically been stodgy and slow to move. we'll see. onward to the bowl game, and congrats to the cats. sorry for houston, looks like coach got the cut.

Comment

^The whole Country knew that there would be no B12 team in the playoff for the past year so this can not be catching them off guard. Actually, Houston and ECU had pretty good season that could have been even better if not for a few plays. UC escaped with home victories against both of those teams. The American is the 6th best conference but that will not even get you a cup of coffee at the local diner. The problem with the American is that they may be 1-5 more competitive than any conference but they do not have that elite team or teams. That being said, how does the B12 expect to survive with TCU and Baylor waiving their banner versus the all mighty Longhorns.

Comment

• Just realized something. Ohio has greater population than Indiana and Iowa combined, but between them they have five P5 teams counting ND. Ohio only has one, doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Here we go local speculation begins.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...s-up/20054963/

Comment

• Big 12 commish: Consider new model

We have to weigh whether this is substantial enough to add institutions. ... It's certainly a major consideration."

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11993892

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                            Just realized something. Ohio has greater population than Indiana and Iowa combined, but between them they have five P5 teams counting ND. Ohio only has one, doesn't make sense.
                            Does if your OSU.

Comment

• After hearing Bowlsby and the rest of the Big 12 reaction. I feel like the Previous UC and Memphis to the big 12 reports were not accurate. That being said, I do feel the the Big 12 will make an impulse decision and add 2 teams. Twitter seams to think that we are the top choice, but I think it is a toss up between BYU/Boise vs UC/another AAC school. I might be biased, but UC brings a lot more to the table than any other non-p5 school.

Comment

• BYU and Boise do not bring the TV market nor the recruiting grounds that an expansion needs.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X