No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The article was nice however, UC won the two National Championships AFTER Oscar was gone. That aside, it was very well written.

Comment

• As far as interviewing candidates, it sounds like it could be a two week process. Finishing the process prior to the start of the football season seems far fetched.
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-12-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• The McMurphy article is ESPN lining up against expansion so they don't lose money. Corporate level politics from Disney. This follows an article from Jake Trotter saying the Big 12 will pick Houston and BYU.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Just found a followup article from Trotter on ESPN big 12 blog claiming that Oklahoma would be better off in the SEC.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• So, just a day after Trotter said that the candidates would not water down the Big 12, he is trying to break them up. What a tool.

Comment

• Company line is they don't want expansion at all. It costs them money which they currently don't have.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Note to the B12, you snooze, you lose. Their indecision has left them no one to blame but themselves. No visionaries other than Boren and Gee in that group.

Comment

• This an ESPN smokescreen IMO. Seeing real smoke that an announcement could be made as early as Monday 8/15. If I'm the Big 12 I 'd troll ESPN by doing the announcement Sept. 1 before all the ESPN Thursday night games though.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    This an ESPN smokescreen IMO. Seeing real smoke that an announcement could be made as early as Monday 8/15. If I'm the Big 12 I 'd troll ESPN by doing the announcement Sept. 1 before all the ESPN Thursday night games though.
                    If decision is made by 15th, please don't make us wait until Sept 1!!!
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I figured that the Big 12 would wait until after the Olympics because they want to be the big news of the day. Your idea of Sept. first is a pretty slick one. They would dominate the news all day and most likely the broadcast conversations.

Cincinnati Enquirer a day late and a dollar short. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opin...g-12/88484584/
                      Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-12-2016, 11:50 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

• I don't believe the McMurphy article. I am actually tired of this type of journalism. The article doesn't cite any identified sources or quotes from the Big 12. I also don't believe the article because it doesn't make sense. The Big 12 has consultants and a committee that already did most of the leg work. It doesn't make sense to waste your time or the time of 17 universities.

Comment

• I still think the Big 12 expands by 4 with BYU football only.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDog View Post
                            I don't believe the McMurphy article. I am actually tired of this type of journalism. The article doesn't cite any identified sources or quotes from the Big 12. I also don't believe the article because it doesn't make sense. The Big 12 has consultants and a committee that already did most of the leg work. It doesn't make sense to waste your time or the time of 17 universities.
                            I don't entirely believe the article either frankly. Chuck Carlton at the DMN is backing some of it though. He says he's only got 14 teams, not 17. If they really are doing 2 hour video conference with everyone, I suspect it's out of professional courtesy for some of the schools and politics for others. The politicking by ESPN is getting me ill though especially after they sabotaged the Big East. I'd drop cable all together if they didn't have our rights until 2025.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 08-12-2016, 02:16 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Uab dropped football..................or got it back. How can a football conference even spend the time on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                So apparently the Big 12 is going to video conference with all 17 schools that contacted the league. This could take a bit of time.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ools-expansion
                                Is it really 17? If so I believe that much of it will be just common courtesy to the schools that have shown interest, no way there are that many candidates. The problem is that it is getting really difficult to trust ESPN reporting on this issue and quite frankly many others, there is always the shadow surrounding them that their reporting is slanted to support their own business interests. There is a big difference between reporting on sports, which they are supposed to do, and manipulating sports, which they do all too frequently. So I take with a grain of salt any information I get from them, and yes this could all be settled by next week.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X