Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
    Well let's be the best team in the AAC year in & year out. We need to be the Boise State of the AAC. Backing off of football now would be a bad move. Let's support our coaches & players & make Nippert
    a tough place to win games.
    Agree, this is and has been the strategy that should be adopted. Folks are forgetting that the AAC was much improved this year, and the schools are clearly making a push to get better in all areas. With the exception of Clemson, we had a number of wins over ACC schools this year already. If you develop a very good competitive league, the tv money will follow. I for one do not want to be in any league where we are not sought out for a solid reason, like our program, tv market etc. If the b12 chooses to leave the east/east midwest market untapped, it's short sighted particularly given their tv troubles. We could help that profile. It's not as if the b12 or stubborn schools like texas are exactly knocking the cover off the ball in media or on the fball field.

Comment

It is the strategy because we have no other choice. You will see the gap between the power 5 and group of 5 start to expand in football. With that gap increasing the group of 5 will become even more irreIevant. I don't want to see us slide in basketball because we keep chasing the football golden calf even though it is obvious to me that we probably won't ever see a payoff. Even if there is expansion, I really don't think we are as high on people's wish list as we seem to think we are.

Comment

According to Dave Sittler of the Tulsa World, expansion not dead. Big 12's apparent current pecking order: Cincy, UConn, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulane, BYU. Even though UConn seems closer to Iceland.

Comment

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...oma-ohio-state

Maybe Oklahoma will get good and peeved and leave. If they leave then some one else would have to go with them. Stay tuned.

Comment

Take with a grain of salt because this guy is usually wrong.

Tuxedo Yoda (@TuxedoYoda) tweeted at 0:58 PM on Sun, Jan 17, 2016:
            My source in Belmont said zero chance for BYU or Houston. Cinci & UCONN are locks. If going to 14, UCF & USF will be added.

Tuxedo Yoda (@TuxedoYoda) tweeted at 1:00 PM on Sun, Jan 17, 2016:
            Texas is on board. Teams will be added. Could things change? Of course. Still, these additions will be announced before Feb ends..

Comment

I'll tell you i've never been a fan of oklahoma, but i recall their fans who were are paul brown a few years back were all very good folks. That said, Boren and OU are at this point our best friends as they are likely to either get more teams into the P5, or blow up the big12 and likely make the AAC a better league with a p5 shot. It's nice to see their is someone in the b12 who has ideas to build something rather than just cash checks.

Comment

This guy is usually right and has something coming today. He was kind of teasing it last night. @flugempire
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  This guy is usually right and has something coming today. He was kind of teasing it last night. @flugempire

When has this guy been right? He's just like all the other Star Wars Characters who say they're in the know.

Comment

Fluguar got the dereg vote wrong but he's generally been pretty on the mark before that. I certainly trust him more than the Dude or Yodas and Jawas. I don't anyone's going to be completely right without being in the room during negotiations.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      If there was something coming today regarding a story of the magnitude of conference expansion there would be buzz on the various sports sites and there is absolutely nothing right now on any site.

Comment

just curious - what was the compromise that the B12 was looking for (and apparently received?)

Comment

Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post
                          just curious - what was the compromise that the B12 was looking for (and apparently received?)
                          My understanding is that the Big12 is allowed to have a conference championship game without expanding to 12 or splitting into divisions thereby reducing the need for them to add someone.

Comment

My question is, why would they expand now if they have the exemption?

Comment

Two reasons, one to build added market exposure for a tv network and second to boost their membership numbers to stave off future defections. Most of all to spread their brand. Ultimately, in reading Flugar's comments today there is nothing really new. Ou and Kansas as possibilities to the b10 are fairly predictable outcomes if they have little to no conference network money. It's the same outcome in other conferences as well for the bigger branded schools. If the other conference fall behind on payouts down the road, they will chase the money elsewhere if it's there for obvious reasons.

Comment

Hopefully Oklahoma gets their way and we get invited to the Big XII but rumors are that OK is interested in going elsewhere ( Big 10 ) with Kansas.
                                This raises a question.... If OK and KU go to big 10, does UC go to BIGXII on first invite or do they hold tight and wait for the BIG XII to empload and let the American poach the other top schools from the BIG XII and be the first to 16 ? A conference with what we have and the addition of, lets just say WV, Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X