No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCONN FB only makes no sense. College football is not a big deal in the Northeast anyway. UCONN adds value in basketball, which people in the Northeast do care about.

Comment

• Per Flugaur a few minutes ago, OU contacts don't believe there are votes for a 2-team solution that includes UH. It's apparent that the non-TX schools don't want the Longhorns to solidify their voting bloc.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        UCONN FB only makes no sense. College football is not a big deal in the Northeast anyway. UCONN adds value in basketball, which people in the Northeast do care about.
        If Uc or Uconn were offered a football only affiliation you would think it would have to be very rich to make sense. Not to mention it screws the "north" division concept for all other sports. It would make no sense.

Comment

• Maybe some good news

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/7765085d-...the.html?nhp=1

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/4c74169a-...eft.html?nhp=1

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

If Uc or Uconn were offered a football only affiliation you would think it would have to be very rich to make sense. Not to mention it screws the "north" division concept for all other sports. It would make no sense.
            I hope we are not offered a football only invite. Our basketball would continue to suffer. I have heard rumors of a UConn football only invite but I would be against it. Their basketball programs are arguably the best in the country. Why wouldn't we want those?

Comment

• New twist from last night from Stewart Mandel at FOX. Major women's and LBGTQ groups are pressuring The Big 12 to drop consideration of BYU over the schools stance on equality. I though out loud on twitter yesterday that this was extremely odd timing for this news to come out. What it does is gives the Big 12 an out if BYU is not selected and I wouldn't surprised if one of the factions in the Big 12 put this out there themselves.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It seems very odd that the BYU stance against homosexuality, and sexual diversity in general, would come into play at this time. I am really getting the sense that the Big 12 want to be 12 and not the Big 14 (or 16). Texas is pushing for two teams and OU is pushing for two teams (BYU being common). If I was in the meeting, I'd ask every to select the one team they want the most and restart the horsetrading to get an agreement amongst everyone's top choice. In a give and get situation, even UTexas should understand you have to give something to get your top choice.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Here's a nice write up of the honor code issues:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...-12-honor-code
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• https://www.uc.edu/conduct/BearcatBond.html

While this doesn't appear to be an issue for UC (in fact I recall that the LGBTQ community and support at UC is pretty high), I take it a positive that UC isn't tweeting like Houston is on every issue. Texas may have their top two, but I think if there was a score with all universities picking their top two before yesterday's LGBTQ news/issue, it would look something like this (out of total 20 each school can receive maximum of 10).

BYU - 6
                    UC - 7
                    UH - 3
                    UConn -

It only take three to veto...and I'm now of the opinion this could go quicker if schools let go of BYU and the argument becomes Houston or UConn as number two.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                      https://www.uc.edu/conduct/BearcatBond.html

It only take three to veto...and I'm now of the opinion this could go quicker if schools let go of BYU and the argument becomes Houston or UConn as number two.

Has Memphis been eliminated? Is it definitely a 2 team expansion now?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Has Memphis been eliminated? Is it definitely a 2 team expansion now?
                        Nothing is set in stone or even spoken off the record. Per the Greg Flugaur tweets from his OU contact, the fight is to narrow between Houston, Cincinnati, and BYU for a two team expansion and UConn, Colorado State, and a few others in a four team expansion. In those tweets, it was mentioned that Memphis' academics are not up to snuff and the FedEx money doesn't change it. Though not official, Memphis is all but eliminated.

With respect to only adding two, this is my opinion in trying to piece together tidbits of information. I don't think the threats of the networks play into limiting it to two team, I am using the supposition that a fourth team cannot be found that meets enough of the criteria (i.e. successful football, academics, and geography). I am further inferring that the Baylor scandal has the Big 12 presidents on high alert about Honor Codes. This is all speculation based on the very limited amount of real information out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          New twist from last night from Stewart Mandel at FOX. Major women's and LBGTQ groups are pressuring The Big 12 to drop consideration of BYU over the schools stance on equality. I though out loud on twitter yesterday that this was extremely odd timing for this news to come out. What it does is gives the Big 12 an out if BYU is not selected and I wouldn't surprised if one of the factions in the Big 12 put this out there themselves.

Yea odd timing for this. BYU is well known for being an equal opportunity offender for booting students (even star athletes) who violate the school's sexual activity code.
                          (Btw........I don't remember Notre Dame getting the same treatment from these groups when they applied to the ACC ?? )

Comment

• ND might catch some grief in todays PC world. Things have quickly deteriorated in that arena and they probably were just a step or two ahead of the heat with their ACC application.

Comment

• So it is true......ESPN does dictate outcomes. Who would have known. <sarcasm> http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/is-t...expansion.html
                              It is too bad that UC fans are also college football fans who will not turn off games if shown on ESPN.

Comment

• I only watch UC on TV as far as college football and basketball goes.. So Yes, if ESPN nuked UC out of expansion I would cease to purchase/watch anything ESPN related.. unless they happen to show a UC game now and then, but that would be the only time.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X