No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good read on why Houston is a top three candidate to join the Big 12. After reading this, I am feeling a little sympathy toward their plight as it mirrors UC, especially the part about the university trying to overcome stigma of being a commuter college/last resort. While I sympathize with their plight, I still hope we get in over them if it comes down to a choice between the two schools. I wouldn't be upset if both schools are selected...

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/ful...ry_left_column
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• To the above.. sorry I have no Love for Houston at all... I have no problem with a school promoting itself but don't try and tear down UC by doing it.. It's pathetic and desperate. That said, It is great to hear that all the supposed "insiders" who claimed it was BYU/Houston and that WVU didn't want UC have recently revealed that UC is the only school for expansion that has 8 votes within the Big12... the problem is nobody can agree on a 12th, or if they should go to 4 or only be 2 because of the worries with ESPN/FOX who are trying to convince B12 to do nothing, or limit exp to only 2 and it be the 2 they choose, and ESPN doesn't like UC for whatever reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post
        To the above.. sorry I have no Love for Houston at all... I have no problem with a school promoting itself but don't try and tear down UC by doing it.. It's pathetic and desperate. That said, It is great to hear that all the supposed "insiders" who claimed it was BYU/Houston and that WVU didn't want UC have recently revealed that UC is the only school for expansion that has 8 votes within the Big12... the problem is nobody can agree on a 12th, or if they should go to 4 or only be 2 because of the worries with ESPN/FOX who are trying to convince B12 to do nothing, or limit exp to only 2 and it be the 2 they choose, and ESPN doesn't like UC for whatever reason.
        8!?! What sources do you have saying UC has 8 votes? I've only seen that no team or slate/combination of teams has 8 votes. I'm also hearing that ESPN is not against Cincinnati, though they prefer BYU. By not being ESPN's top choice, it could impact UC if expansion is two teams, one being acceptable to Texas and the other acceptable to ESPN. We know Texas favors Houston and ESPN could sway OU to BYU over UC.

The drama keeps unfurling....

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

8!?! What sources do you have saying UC has 8 votes? I've only seen that no team or slate/combination of teams has 8 votes. I'm also hearing that ESPN is not against Cincinnati, though they prefer BYU. By not being ESPN's top choice, it could impact UC if expansion is two teams, one being acceptable to Texas and the other acceptable to ESPN. We know Texas favors Houston and ESPN could sway OU to BYU over UC.

The drama keeps unfurling....
          None other than the dud of wv, which we all know is gold. ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

None other than the dud of wv, which we all know is gold. ha.
            I've always trusted the Dude...when it's in UC's favor

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I've always trusted the Dude...when it's in UC's favor
              The Dude has no love for UC and prefers UH, that's only reason why I believe his recent info.. that, and Flugar also has repeatedly stated that UC is the only school to reach 8 votes right now. Between those 2 sources, and a couple other obscure ones, I believe UC does sit will with most all the schools in the Big12. And now with all the negative BYU news, if the B12 decides to make a decision between now and start of the season, and they only add 2 schools, I believe UC is one of them..... for now.

Comment

• Andy Katz did an entire podcast on the BYU political issues:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=17264429
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Chuck Carlton from Dallas this morning:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...n-hopefuls?f=r
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if BYU sticks to their guns and lets a Big 12 invite disappear. They would be leaving a lot of money on the table but Mormons are notorious for sticking to their beliefs. A lot of Christian universities have watered down their beliefs to "fit-in" and be more "inclusive" so it will be interesting to see what BYU does.

Comment

• Odds makers have UC a 5-2 pick to be the next Big 12 team. http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...e95013447.html

Candidates will not dilute the Big 12 - http://www.espn.com/college-football...-football-play
                      Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-11-2016, 01:07 PM. Reason: Added 2nd link

Comment

• Bearcats sure as heck better beat Purdue then...

Comment

• I keep thinking that Purdue game is a classic Tuberville trap game.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• We cannot perform against Purdue like we did a few years ago at Illinois. We need to win this road game.

Comment

• Back to the big 12 . This is a nice article on UC:

http://big12fanatics.com/the-expansi...ct-cincinnati/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• So apparently the Big 12 is going to video conference with all 17 schools that contacted the league. This could take a bit of time.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ools-expansion
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X