Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    http://www.vivathematadors.com/2016/...t-region-final Just more fun stuff. Interesting to see Houston knocked out and UC as the favorite.
    UC leads ECU by only 6 votes
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

UC leads ECU by only 6 votes

It it's 8-2 I couldn't care any less - 6-0 on the other hand isn't nearly as exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

It it's 8-2 I couldn't care any less - 6-0 on the other hand isn't nearly as exciting.
        It was 1052 -1046 when I voted...not that these fan polls matter

As for Big 12 Presidents, I think it's closer to UC leads ECU 7-0.
        Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-05-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• This is starting to look and sound like dancing with the stars.

Comment

• The Big O was number 12...tweet by President Davenport

https://twitter.com/UCPrezDav/status/761300621463085056

Comment

The Big O was number 12...tweet by President Davenport

https://twitter.com/UCPrezDav/status/761300621463085056
              This looks like hugggggeeee foreshadowing to me!
              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

• It has been awfully quiet in the news the past three days. Maybe everyone is tired of the circus.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  It has been awfully quiet in the news the past three days. Maybe everyone is tired of the circus.
                  Everyone's in no comment mode until the announcement comes down. Reporters probably can't get a story out of anyone.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Well, it must be no comment mode because this was just out and says the same old thing. It is nice to see that most have agreed on UC being in the top three (as long as they take 4, I am good with that). . http://www.commercialappeal.com/spor...389337211.html

Comment

It was 1052 -1046 when I voted...not that these fan polls matter

As for Big 12 Presidents, I think it's closer to UC leads ECU 7-0.

UC now down 1321 to 1269. I guess lots of people in Carolina are creating multiple google accounts. It really means nothing, ECU is not getting in.

Comment

• The two heavy weights have spoken. Well, maybe or maybe not. http://fansided.com/2016/08/07/big-1...i-houston-byu/
                        http://collegespun.com/big-12/baylor...ton-cincinnati
                        Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-07-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• This is the source of this mornings rumblings:

Jason Williams ‏@jwilliamscincy 14h14 hours ago .

Source: BYU Big 12's No. 1 overall. Oklahoma wants Cincy. Texas of course wants Houston. Don't be surprised if compromise is Cincy & Houston

-BYU fans flooded him with abusive comments afterwards. Nice.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            This is the source of this mornings rumblings:

Jason Williams ‏@jwilliamscincy 14h14 hours ago .

Source: BYU Big 12's No. 1 overall. Oklahoma wants Cincy. Texas of course wants Houston. Don't be surprised if compromise is Cincy & Houston

-BYU fans flooded him with abusive comments afterwards. Nice.
                            Is this because they are leaning toward only adding two? I think I recall seeing that somewhere 12 members with championship game is better statistical chances to get to CFP. Plus 12 would be least offensive to ESPN. While I wouldn't be surprised if it's only two added with some combination of UC, UH, and BYU. I just don't see them adding four because there isn't a strong deserving option that makes geographical sense.

Please, to the powers that be, let this just be done soon (and include UC)!

Comment

Is this because they are leaning toward only adding two? I think I recall seeing that somewhere 12 members with championship game is better statistical chances to get to CFP. Plus 12 would be least offensive to ESPN. While I wouldn't be surprised if it's only two added with some combination of UC, UH, and BYU. I just don't see them adding four because there isn't a strong deserving option that makes geographical sense.

Please, to the powers that be, let this just be done soon (and include UC)!
                              Based on Jason's tweet looks like 12 and BYU is out. You're right, stats say 12 is the magic number for CFP and would tick off ESPN less. I think BYU is going to get shafted here at least for now because of the no play on Sunday thing and the prospect of them being football only members. If you can get a full member and geography why not take Houston vs. BYU. It'll shut up Texas until 2025.

I saw one suggestion that they could go to 14 and stagger the entry year. So you might see UC/UH in 2017 and BYU/UConn in 2018 as football only. This makes sense academically for the conference as well. BYU and UConn have the best overall academic profile of the 4 teams here. We're a reasonable 3rd place in that area.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ^I thought that a week ago it was Houston and UC this year with Brigham Young and Memphis next year. Why bring UConn in for football only when their big selling point is their M & W bball teams?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X