Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    You have to to admit he's better at making up stuff than The Dude. Wouldn't surprise me if they were all the same person along with Tuxedo Yoda and all the others. The only reason I tend to focus on Fluguar is that he has no immediate tie to a school in the Big 12. He 's actually a Big 10 guy (Minnesota). If he has a rooting interest in any of this it's probably for the Big 10 to pick up OU and Kansas.
    If he is making it up, I don't think he is rooting for B!G Expansion - just a hunch or feeling I get. I think I get that feeling because if OU joins it diminishes the Gophers chances of making it to the B!G Championship game.

The Dude regrets WVU joining the Big 12 and I don't know anything of the Tuxedo Yoda.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDog View Post
      No one is leaking information to someone named Fluguar. If any of his/her comments come true, it's only luck.

Jake Trotter just posted a published account on espn that basically states the same.

The schools being vetted are close-lipped, but the UT and OU people are talking to someone.

Don't kill the messenger.

I'm waiting, like all of you, with baited breath to see what will happen.

Not sure whether to believe the more recent rumors, or my UC friends who claim to be in the know, and that it's a done deal, UC is in.

Makes sense to me that it's taking this long only because of discord within the Big 12.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/college-football.../_/id/17612297
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Wow Texas politics is so incredibly dumb and short sighted. Not only should they make their own Texas conference they should also just secede from the nation like they have always wanted to. Quota below-

Just this week, Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick told KRIV-TV in Houston that "This is about Texas schools. I don't really give a hoot and a holler about UConn or some school in Florida or anywhere else. Texas schools oughta vote for other Texas schools."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
            Wow Texas politics is so incredibly dumb and short sighted. Not only should they make their own Texas conference they should also just secede from the nation like they have always wanted to. Quota below-

Just this week, Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick told KRIV-TV in Houston that "This is about Texas schools. I don't really give a hoot and a holler about UConn or some school in Florida or anywhere else. Texas schools oughta vote for other Texas schools."

They could be The Lone Star State

Comment

• Texas politics is inbred. There I said it.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Texas politics is inbred. There I said it.
                Well, they've never been known to play well with others.

Comment

• I think I'm done making predictions even though it's fun to speculate. I thought for sure BYU was a slam dunk a few weeks ago considering they check all the boxes and Gordon Gee's affiliation with the Mormon church and ties to BYU. We'll see how this plays out. Hopefully, this thing is settled next month. One thing I discovered over the past few months is that the AAC is not a bad conference and should be paid more for tv rights.

Comment

• If the AAC had a commissioner and a lobbying staff with some balls and foresight, they would seize this opportunity ( or already working on it) to start lining up BIG 12 schools (not named Texas) and various others to create a 16 team conference worthy of power conference status and ESPN/FOX money.

Comment

• Originally posted by slimm View Post
                      If the AAC had a commissioner and a lobbying staff with some balls and foresight, they would seize this opportunity ( or already working on it) to start lining up BIG 12 schools (not named Texas) and various others to create a 16 team conference worthy of power conference status and ESPN/FOX money.
                      That would be justice, Texas style! The AAC adds BYU, OU, OSU, KU, ISU, and KSU. They still recruit heavily from Texas high schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by slimm View Post
                        If the AAC had a commissioner and a lobbying staff with some balls and foresight, they would seize this opportunity ( or already working on it) to start lining up BIG 12 schools (not named Texas) and various others to create a 16 team conference worthy of power conference status and ESPN/FOX money.
                        Yes, he can take his loaf of bread and 3 fish and put that together.

Comment

• This is an exercise in media trying to push their agenda. There are several recent articles out there that say the Big 12 needs to poach Big 5 teams. One stated that they should go after Pitt and UL. That is fine with me because the ACC would need to replace those teams with two and the most likely would be UC and UConn. It has become a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            This is an exercise in media trying to push their agenda. There are several recent articles out there that say the Big 12 needs to poach Big 5 teams. One stated that they should go after Pitt and UL. That is fine with me because the ACC would need to replace those teams with two and the most likely would be UC and UConn. It has become a joke.
                            With the ACC network and the Grant of Rights deal through 2036 it is virtually impossible for ACC teams to leave so that ship has sailed. That is why the Big 12 was now willing to consider teams from the AAC.

Comment

• http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-exp...018459914.html Finally someone acknowledges that the "little 8" may not have a home. It also points out that you do not poke the bear (UT/OK).

And then there were four...... http://dailycampus.com/stories/2016/...pansion-part-2 (interesting that Houston was a three-way tie for six and with a tie-breaker made the group of 6 from the last elimination voting).
                              Last edited by bearcatbret; 09-27-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                                http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-exp...018459914.html Finally someone acknowledges that the "little 8" may not have a home. It also points out that you do not poke the bear (UT/OK).

And then there were four...... http://dailycampus.com/stories/2016/...pansion-part-2 (interesting that Houston was a three-way tie for six and with a tie-breaker made the group of 6 from the last elimination voting).
                                The first article makes an excellent point that if there is a push to four 16 team super conferences, then there are only 10 spots up for grabs. For political and added value reasons I believe Texas, OU, KU, OSU, TCU, WVU, and TT may find a spot with the iffy ones being OSU and TT. Assuming those two don't get a spot, that would leave five open slots for the BYU's, Boise States, UConn, UH, UC and others. In that scenario, it'd be very possible UC gets left out because we aren't a fit for the PAC-12/16. OU and OSU could easily go to the SEC, the ACC could pick up WVU and UConn leaving the fate of UC in the decision UT has between the B!G or the PAC (not a tough choice really). The B!G could add KU and UT, then the SEC, ACC, and B!G all stand at 16 teams leaving UC whimpering on the outside.

I don't know which would be worse, the Big 12 expands without UC or the Big 12 doesn't expand and the super conferences form without us.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X