No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the drama and media attention they have driven from this I think there are only two possible conclusions because they have backed themselves into a corner on a national level. 1. They will stay in that room until they settle on 2 or 4 because they have set expectations with the entire country that they want to expand or 2. They will not come to a conclusion - will be trashed in the media, NCAA and all the other schools and heads will roll. These guys are at heart political creatures - albeit inept ones. I just can't imagine them leaving the room and stating publicly that the schools cannot come to agreement without them taking a ton of very public and very messy backlash.
    Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

• I as so freaking tired of this. All these expansion candidates being crapped on by the worst house on campus. I guess we'll take an invite if offered, but if UC put out a public statement tomorrow saying they are withdrawing their candidacy it wouldn't bother me at all. Enough is enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This makes sense of Boren's comments that expansion is not a given. I also see that as a sign that both Florida schools aren't really in the picture either. I also see this as support that Greg's OU contacts can be trusted. It all hinges on BYU being the centerpiece...On a positive, if BYU satisfies the Big 12 on Honor Code, this process could get back on track?
        Yes, but they better get their *** in gear. I've heard from some BYU boosters that the changes are on the table. The real question is will BYU move fast enough and make a progressive decision at all or soon enough to satisfy the Big 12. My intuition tells me no.

This would be done if not for the Honor Code issue.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• At this point, what good is expansion if you have to take a reduced cut and the league will fold before you earn an equal share? After the Big 12 has embarrassed itself with all this, the only way to salvage anything is to extend the GOR at the same time new teams are added. If they don't do that, is it worth it to even join?

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            At this point, what good is expansion if you have to take a reduced cut and the league will fold before you earn an equal share? After the Big 12 has embarrassed itself with all this, the only way to salvage anything is to extend the GOR at the same time new teams are added. If they don't do that, is it worth it to even join?
            Need to get to P5 regardless for the next round of this junk. Take it if it's there but we should be looking at the next round and at the ACC going to 16 as soon as the GoR expires in 2024 with the Big 12 if we ever get there.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              At this point, what good is expansion if you have to take a reduced cut and the league will fold before you earn an equal share? After the Big 12 has embarrassed itself with all this, the only way to salvage anything is to extend the GOR at the same time new teams are added. If they don't do that, is it worth it to even join?
              With all due respect - are you serious ?

1) The money will still be more than what we have now
              2) We will recruit better players - Big East verified that
              3) Even if B12 implodes in a few years, we will be looking around for another conference with teams of a much higher caliber and will land better than we are now
              4) Entertainment value is no comparison - is there really even a choice to go see a game against almost anyone in the B12 vs the majority of schools in the AAC ? Any sport.

Come on. I empathize with you that it's frustrating, but let's be serious about the discussion...

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I grant all points about Texas politics and bullying to get their way, etc... on the other hand, many of the issues they advocate are in line with the way SEC and B!G conferences operate. The ACC would love to have Texas and ND would likely sign off on a recurring home and home with Texas. The worst part of Texas joining another conference is that there are limited slots and the offer would be Texas only, not Texas plus TT or Texas plus TCU, etc...
                Let me start by saying you're far more fluent on this issue than I am. But would the president and wealthy alums at UT sign up to join a conference (the ACC) that requires all their sports teams to travel at least 1,000 miles for an event ( Georgia Tech in Atlanta is the closest ACC school to UT =970 miles)??
                Texas in the same conference with Syracuse, Pitt, BC, etc?? I bet their Olympic sports teams will love that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockOfTruth View Post

With all due respect - are you serious ?

1) The money will still be more than what we have now
                  2) We will recruit better players - Big East verified that
                  3) Even if B12 implodes in a few years, we will be looking around for another conference with teams of a much higher caliber and will land better than we are now
                  4) Entertainment value is no comparison - is there really even a choice to go see a game against almost anyone in the B12 vs the majority of schools in the AAC ? Any sport.

Come on. I empathize with you that it's frustrating, but let's be serious about the discussion...
                  You're right I'm tired of all of it. The Big 12 looks more inept now than the old Big East did, but that perception can be moderated somewhat by extending the GOR. I just don't want a repeat of what happened when the Big East folded, that didn't work out so well for us. As for entertainment value, to me the biggest opportunity would be hosting Kansas at 5/3 arena on Big Monday.

Comment

• Sometimes even a loss draws positive attention...

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/index....g_12_expa.html

Comment

• Pete Thamel from SI on UH UC and BYU .

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-exp...006279271.html
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The American has a plan...... http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eams/90581400/

Comment

• Texas loses to Cal, and Oklahoma loses their 2nd game already (badly I might add).
                          Looks like the Big12 presidents will have lots of time on their hands over the holidays to play their little expansion games cause theyre certainly not going to have a team in the playoffs (again).

Comment

• Sure they will. Just ask any West Virginia fan. ha.

Comment

• On a side note, ND played themselves out of the playoffs again.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                                Sure they will. Just ask any West Virginia fan. ha.

You're right. I forgot about WVU. They might win the Big 12 this year.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X