Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per http://dailycampus.com/stories/2016/...hools-selected

Only more rumors and writer speculation in this sports writer poll. The writers of representatives for each of the current 10 Big 12 schools selected the finalists from current 11 schools rumored to be in the running. The writer selections are UConn, Rice, SMU, Cincinnati, BYU and Houston. Obviously there is a big bias toward former SWC schools based on these results.

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
      Per http://dailycampus.com/stories/2016/...hools-selected

Only more rumors and writer speculation in this sports writer poll. The writers of representatives for each of the current 10 Big 12 schools selected the finalists from current 11 schools rumored to be in the running. The writer selections are UConn, Rice, SMU, Cincinnati, BYU and Houston. Obviously there is a big bias toward former SWC schools based on these results.
      Rice, SMU, and Houston??...........SMH. If the truth is known, this is probably Texas' dream expansion.......a conference full of only Texas schools.
      There's a part of me that would like to see Houston get invited to the Big 12 (along with us), and Tom Herrman stay as their head coach, and have Houston crush Texas every year for the next 30 years. But only a small part of me wants that, cause I don't want Charlie Strong to get fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackattack View Post

Rice, SMU, and Houston??...........SMH. If the truth is known, this is probably Texas' dream expansion.......a conference full of only Texas schools.
        There's a part of me that would like to see Houston get invited to the Big 12 (along with us), and Tom Herrman stay as their head coach, and have Houston crush Texas every year for the next 30 years. But only a small part of me wants that, cause I don't want Charlie Strong to get fired.
        I'd be okay with any scenario that gets UC in the Big 12.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I've kind of given up. It's hard to care anymore with how long they are dragging this out. There is no point in paying attention to it anymore because the Big12 has no idea what they are doing. Until there is an official announcement all the rumors and hearsay are worthless. Let's just hope we can salvage a good season, Miami better be a win!

Comment

• The only thing I can think of as to why this won't come to a close in Oct. is that they're trying to give BYU time to change their honor code. Whether BYU will actually do that is highly questionable. If they do, I think this is done with UC and BYU. If BYU chooses to stick to their guns, I suspect no expansion will happen because there is no consensus on any other combination due to Texas and their insistence on Houston.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It is ironic that we were thinking that political correctness would cause BYU to be dropped and cause us to be in for sure. If BYU's stance doesn't change, political correctness may cause us to be left out along with everyone else.

Comment

• Online poll at the end of this article. UCF stuffing the ballot box.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...-florida-state

Comment

• Fluguar-

BTM:OU Contacts "Expect Oklahoma to vote against UC/UH package. Expect Oklahoma to walk away from any 2016 resolution."

Comment

• It's not about us anymore. It's who they can package with us. BYU or nothing.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It's over unless UT stops being Texas centric.
                      If there's no expansion this year, look for Oklahoma to offer themselves to the Big Ten or SEC, and possibly take Oklahoma State with them.
                      It's bad for us, but it's also a death knell for the Big 12, due to UT's greed.

Comment

• The American is pretty strong this year... if the big12 implodes (likely) and we pick up some of the scraps... we could have a heck of a conference and probably more network $$$ too. Our conference is probably just as good or better top to bottom than the Big12 this year... Just trying to look on the bright side... I wish the ACC would come calling

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
                          It's over unless UT stops being Texas centric.
                          If there's no expansion this year, look for Oklahoma to offer themselves to the Big Ten or SEC, and possibly take Oklahoma State with them.
                          It's bad for us, but it's also a death knell for the Big 12, due to UT's greed.
                          You're assuming Texas cares about the Big 12.

Everybody, say it together. Texas wants the Big 12 to implode so they can go to a conference of their choosing, preferably the Big Ten. They want to be academic peers with Michigan, Northwestern and the like. They'll drop the LHN in a second to join the Big Ten.

Comment

• No one is leaking information to someone named Fluguar. If any of his/her comments come true, it's only luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDog View Post
                              No one is leaking information to someone named Fluguar. If any of his/her comments come true, it's only luck.
                              You're exactly right. It's amazing how some of these guys who have no source for credible info. have developed followings by fans looking for an answer that fits their situation. You can pretty much say what you want anymore without any accountability.

Comment

• You have to to admit he's better at making up stuff than The Dude. Wouldn't surprise me if they were all the same person along with Tuxedo Yoda and all the others. The only reason I tend to focus on Fluguar is that he has no immediate tie to a school in the Big 12. He 's actually a Big 10 guy (Minnesota). If he has a rooting interest in any of this it's probably for the Big 10 to pick up OU and Kansas.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X