USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Rutgers has no business being in the Big 10. I never understood how that happened.
    AAU schools. I would expect to see the Big 10 poach as many remaining AAU universities as they can get . This means Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, Kansas and ISU. I Wouldn’t be surprised if they went after the AAU schools in the ACC like Virginia and UNC

The Dam broke
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Per Ross Delenger at SI. The big 10 vote on USC and UCLA is happening tonight
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rutgers has no business being in the Big 10. I never understood how that happened.
        The Big Ten was not adding schools, they were adding media markets - Rutgers = New York metro. Los Angeles would be a big get for that strategy. Link the size of market with the teams in that TV market and you can get an idea of where they want to be next. Texas? Florida? Boston? Atlanta? Phoenix? Rutgers did educate them that joining the conference does not quickly upgrade the teams.
        Last edited by Carin's Dad; 06-30-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          They take Utah and the AZ schools and SDSU ?
          Probably better to bring along CO, rather than SDSU. Unlike the soon-to-be coast-to-coast B10. It would be best to keep the geography somewhat limited.

Comment

What happened to "The Alliance"? This is akin to piranhas from the Amazon River inviting piranhas from the Orinoco River to join in, then eating the Orinoco River fish.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              What happened to "The Alliance"? This is akin to piranhas from the Amazon River inviting piranhas from the Orinoco River to join in, then eating the Orinoco River fish.
              I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

When I first heard this, I thought that this is actually worse for the PAC than it was for the Big 12 to lose Texas and Oklahoma. At least the Big 12 acted quickly and added the four best schools available (outside of the power 5). There is not much left in the PAC (except Washington) where the remaining schools in the BIG 12 (outside of Kansas for football) are good teams. I say poach the best 4 from the PAC 12 and let the PAC fold. The ACC better be holding onto Clemson, FSU (because of tradition) and Miami (because of history). I feel a little bit sorry for the rest of the PAC because we went through the same thing with the old Big East.

Comment

The Rose Bowl could be the Big Ten championship game.

Comment

It’s official . USC and UCLA to the Big 10. All about the Benjamin’s and FOX Sports vs ESPN
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They thought they would get the greater NYC tv market. Standford has the BIG academic standards. What I am upset with is USC representing the BIG in the Rose Bowl. Actually gonna be just a couple of conferences with the BIG tv revenues.

Comment

BTW - The Big now can control the 10:30 pm time slots for games and they will as they have teams in the NYC, Chicago and now LA markets. Win win win

Comment

Thank God we got in the Big12 before this happened. Otherwise we may have been forever outside looking in. Big12 would assuredly taken PAC teams over group of 5's... So we would either be stuck or having to fly out to PAC12 territory if they don't implode or forever stuck in irrelevance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                            Thank God we got in the Big12 before this happened. Otherwise we may have been forever outside looking in. Big12 would assuredly taken PAC teams over group of 5's... So we would either be stuck or having to fly out to PAC12 territory if they don't implode or forever stuck in irrelevance.
                            You’re assuming a lot here. There’s is no reason why the Big XII can’t implode or cancel our contract
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You’re assuming a lot here. There’s is no reason why the Big XII can’t implode or cancel our contract
                              The former seems unlikely, while the latter would lead to massive lawyering-up on the parts of any schools canceled. However, if, for some reason, the B12 would be unable to negotiate a reasonable media deal when the current one expires, the conference would be on shakier ground.

Comment

The Big XII and each individual institution that makes it up would be sued.

​​​​​​https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ismic-shakeup/

The Pac is on life support. I would not be surprised if we hear that Cal, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St, and Utah have applied to the Big 10 and Big XII. I also would not be surprised if the B1G takes Oregon and Washington very quickly then focus on Clemson and Florida St. The SEC will not stand pat, but may go after Virginia, VT, UNC, Florida St, and Clemson. This may have a TCU vibe for Cincinnati if the ACC is raided do the Cats and WVU go over there, or stay in the a new Big XII that now includes Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and a 4th PAC team?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X