No announcement yet.

USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA Times reports that multiple sources have indicated that the B10 will not be adding any further P12 teams at this time. Also, I read a statement by the UT prez that he and the other remaining P12 brass are in constant contact. He did not say that there was any consensus to stick together.

Comment

Minnesota will suck forever in football but their olympic sports will thrive on their new money..... John Shipley: Big Ten expansion will make it harder for Gophers football (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post

The Big XII and each individual institution that makes it up would be sued.

​​​​​​https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ismic-shakeup/

The Pac is on life support. I would not be surprised if we hear that Cal, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St, and Utah have applied to the Big 10 and Big XII. I also would not be surprised if the B1G takes Oregon and Washington very quickly then focus on Clemson and Florida St. The SEC will not stand pat, but may go after Virginia, VT, UNC, Florida St, and Clemson. This may have a TCU vibe for Cincinnati if the ACC is raided do the Cats and WVU go over there, or stay in the a new Big XII that now includes Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and a 4th PAC team?
        I was thinking the same thing... If everyone goes to 16 I'd much rather be in the ACC and link up with our old Big Easy rivals... Just a better fit

Comment

Nothing like a good realignment thread on here

Comment

if this is about football, will Kansas join the Big East for basketball? Will Vandy be kicked out of the big boy club? Will UC make it to the final 64 teams of a 4 league 16 team conference set up? Who will the Big 10 kick out? What will the legal ramifications be for kicking out teams or for teams jumping ship to another conference....... Makes you wonder where all of this is going. Maybe another alliance needs to be set up.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              Maybe another alliance needs to be set up.
              How'd that last one work out?

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post

The Big XII and each individual institution that makes it up would be sued.

​​​​​​https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ismic-shakeup/

The Pac is on life support. I would not be surprised if we hear that Cal, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St, and Utah have applied to the Big 10 and Big XII. I also would not be surprised if the B1G takes Oregon and Washington very quickly then focus on Clemson and Florida St. The SEC will not stand pat, but may go after Virginia, VT, UNC, Florida St, and Clemson. This may have a TCU vibe for Cincinnati if the ACC is raided do the Cats and WVU go over there, or stay in the a new Big XII that now includes Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and a 4th PAC team?
                The Big wants to build BB now. Perhaps a look at UNC and Duke.

Comment

Think about what's going through Bowlsby's head right now. "You mean i could have gotten USC and UCLA instead of Houston and BYU?"
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Iavn Maisel and if you scroll Urban chimes in. I think this is a freebie article.

https://www.on3.com/news/ucla-and-us...oney-wins-out/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope the Big 12 starts to take some teams from the Pac12 before other conferences do. Arizona & ASU, Utah & Colorado would help but Oregon would be the top target. Not sure if they would defect.
                        The Big East got consumed by standing pat let's hope our new conference avoids that outcome.

Comment

This is all incredibly bad timing for the Big XII. The new commisioner starts work today. Bowlsby is still around for a while as a consultant but who knows how much knowledge transfer has happened between the two right now.

College football is a corporate proxy war between ESPN and FOX right now and frankly, it sucks.

I think Oregon and Washington are headed to the BIG 10 as well but we'll have to wait and see. The Pac 12 media deal stinks and they're stuck in the contract. I'd have to guess the BIg XII will pick up Colorado and Utah if they want to move. Wazzu, Oregon St and the other remaining Pac 12 schools might as well end up in the MWC at this point. I think the Pac 12 is done for. The Arizona schools are anyone's guess. They could come to the Big XII or go to whatever is left out west.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Also, this seems to come up during every round of realignment. These are the schools that are part of the AAU contingent. You'll notice a lot of PAC 12 names on here. I would consider them all to be targets for expansion by the Big 10.

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

How'd that last one work out?
                              That was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Iavn Maisel and if you scroll Urban chimes in. I think this is a freebie article.

https://www.on3.com/news/ucla-and-us...oney-wins-out/
                                If you scroll further, you will note that our favorite guy, Kirk thinks that this will come down to a NFL style two conference league of 50 total teams. Also, the PAC is blaming FOX for this similar to the Big 12 blaming ESPN on TX and OK.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X