No announcement yet.

USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC 12 TV ratings per team. Hint: the four corner schools are close to last. Pac-12 football TV ratings: Ranking teams by viewership amid conference realignment rumors (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      PAC 12 TV ratings per team. Hint: the four corner schools are close to last. Pac-12 football TV ratings: Ranking teams by viewership amid conference realignment rumors (msn.com)
      They're only last because of who they play. Their numbers will go up if they play better teams like in the Big 12 () Sarcasm.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Here's an interesting idea from Barry Tramel. He suggests that the B12 open the 2023 season with a festival of games over four days in 2023, each involving the new entrants:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...l/65380757007/
        Last edited by swilsonsp4; 07-23-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• ^^ I like the idea. However, the article says that TX and OK would not be interested in the venture since they are leaving. I say go after them and make those two teams play and also play at the furthest venue.

Comment

• Nicole Auerbach tweeted that B10 commish Kevin Warren highlighted that his conference now will be able to air their West Coast games in the late night slot. This really hurts the P12, as they have been pushing the monopoly that they have enjoyed (and hope to continue to enjoy) in that slot.

This means that the B10 will now have games kicking off, at least when UCLA & USC play at home, continuously from noon to perhaps 10:30 PM ET.

Comment

• Warren also mentioned that future expansion may happen for the right reasons and at the right time. I suspect that probably means Stanford and Cal and you tie up the SF/Oakland market.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Warren also mentioned that future expansion may happen for the right reasons and at the right time. I suspect that probably means Stanford and Cal and you tie up the SF/Oakland market.
                https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lue-conference

"I get asked every single day, what's next?" Warren said Tuesday to open Big Ten football media days. "It may include future expansion, but it will be done for the right reasons, at the right time, with our student-athletes' academic and athletic empowerment at the center of any and all decisions that we will make.

"We will not expand just to expand. It will be strategic; it will add additional value to our conference."

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                  Nicole Auerbach tweeted that B10 commish Kevin Warren highlighted that his conference now will be able to air their West Coast games in the late night slot. This really hurts the P12, as they have been pushing the monopoly that they have enjoyed (and hope to continue to enjoy) in that slot.

This means that the B10 will now have games kicking off, at least when UCLA & USC play at home, continuously from noon to perhaps 10:30 PM ET.
                  Of course the Big XII could do that too. Instead of the 4 corners schools, make a pitch for Oregon and Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Of course the Big XII could do that too. Instead of the 4 corners schools, make a pitch for Oregon and Washington.
                    Only if those two schools contractually vow not to demand a larger cut than any other B12 schools. The Ducks, in particular, are already throwing their weight around during the current P12 scramble for relevancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Only if those two schools contractually vow not to demand a larger cut than any other B12 schools. The Ducks, in particular, are already throwing their weight around during the current P12 scramble for relevancy.
                      The four corners schools will likely apply. If they do, I accept Utah and let the other Pac 10 schools apply. Top targets, Stanford, Oregon, and Washington, along with Utah. Equal shares of the pie only.

Stanford is my top target. Their annual Noter Shame game is easily one of the top 10-15 games watched every year. Make a tv deal with NBC to air Big 12 content as shoulder content if ND plays 1-2 other Big 12 games per year. Minimally, NBC gets one extra ND road games per year (Stanford one year, another Big 12 game the other year). ND get scheduling content and partners to remain independant and keep all of their NBC contract without sharing. The Big 12 gets larger tv contract than from Fox/ESPN, expansion, and every team plays ND on some frequency.

We will not and cannot give unequal payouts. The Big 12 payouts will be larger than the unequal cuts they're requesting from the Pac 10.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• The PAC is so arrogant that they believe that they are still better than the Big 12. They are all waiting around for an invite to the Big 10. Pac-12 has been 'fractured' by Big Ten, Big 12 conference realignment, expansion chatter (msn.com)

It would seem that UCLA and USC do not want Oregon or Washington. The Pac-12’s survival depends on the Big Ten, not the Big 12: Tracing the path to stability (msn.com)

I also read that ESPN offered a joke of a TV contract to the PAC.
                        Last edited by bearcatbret; 07-28-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• After Kliavkoff's comments yesterday it reminded me of the sinking of the BIG EAST. I think we will see movement during the season. The Big Ten will finish what it started and take Stanford, Oregon, Washington, and Notre Dame will finally join. With that Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State will join the Big XII. The Pac being severely wounded adds SDSU, Boise, UNLV, Fresno, Colorado St, New Mexico, UTSA, SMU, Wyoming to the surviving members of Washington St, Oregon St, and Cal.

Comment

• ^^^ In your scenario, I would say that the Pac completely dissolves, I am not sure that the BIG 10 makes another move this season. I think that Florida schools may be in the mix for that recruiting ground.

If you recall, the drama of the old Big East ran throughout the season with news of continued defections. I suspect that we may not hear anything for months.
                            Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-01-2022, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press in the twin cities is reporting that the Big 12 has talked with or wants to talk with Minnesota. The article is behind a hard paywall and I can’t read it.

The financials don’t work here from Minnesota’s standpoint at all. Anyone have any idea why Minnesota would want out of the B1G?
                              Last edited by Lobot; 08-02-2022, 01:28 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press in the twin cities is reporting that the Big 12 has talked with or wants to talk with Minnesota. The article is behind a hard paywall and I can’t read it.

The financials don’t work here from Minnesota’s standpoint at all. Anyone have any idea why Minnesota would want out of the B1G?
                                Outside of the fact that they can’t compete and never will? Maybe there are rumblings that the B$G will shed some of the lower end teams to add Oregon/Washington? It makes no sense financially, but maybe they think they can compete for championships in the Big 12?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X