USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Jon Wilner, who is a veteran PAC 12 reporter , has sources telling him the two California universities may leave the Conference as soon as 2024 and will head to the Big 10.

https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/st...453729281?s=20
    Last edited by Lobot; 07-24-2022, 09:23 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

By the way, I did make sure that it was not a fake account.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wow... got out of a meeting and three different people texted me about this.

Anyone else getting excited for a Tuesday evening basketball tipoff between USC and Rutgers?

Comment

Lincoln Riley and Mike Bohn with California kids in the snow at East Lansing. Lol
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I mean to be honest if you’re the Big 10, Why stop here? Go get Oregon and Washington and set up divisions .

I hope this mess doesn’t roll over into the Big XII with ISU and Kansas to be honest.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I mean to be honest if you’re the Big 10, Why stop here? Go get Oregon and Washington and set up divisions .

I hope this mess doesn’t roll over into the Big XII with ISU and Kansas to be honest.
            Iowa State and Kansas seem realistic... also what about like a UNC and Virginia?

Realignment train does not stop...this will have more ripple effects than OU and UT to the SEC

Comment

Here's Wilner's San Jose Mercury article that broke the story. He mentions that the B12 might want to get involved. He didn't specify schools, but I could see AZ & AZ State moving over, if the P12 would collapse.

The P12 may have to bite the bullet and invite BSU as a potential replacement.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/06/...n-the-big-ten/

Comment

I wouldn't be upset to take 6-8 of the PAC12 members and make a big WEST division... change the conf name to Big 16 or whatever... leave out some of the bottom feeders like Stanford and Colorado... I'd say Washington State and Oregon State but then Wash and Oregon would probably make a fit

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                  I wouldn't be upset to take 6-8 of the PAC12 members and make a big WEST division... change the conf name to Big 16 or whatever... leave out some of the bottom feeders like Stanford and Colorado... I'd say Washington State and Oregon State but then Wash and Oregon would probably make a fit
                  If the B12 took 6-8 P12 schools, that would make 18-20 total, since there are 14 in the B12 now, soon to be 12.

Comment

This looks to be getting worse . Details as I can find them. The BiG 10 is not done
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big 12 may pursue PAC 12 remainders.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...alignment-move
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I want to note that for UC and most state schools, the fiscal year starts tomorrow. This is basically all an end of the year news dump.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

@RossDellenger:

Another question: What does the Big 12 do now?

Last year, as OU and Texas' move was announced, Pac-12 at least explored poaching Big 12 schools. Now, will Big 12 poach Pac- 12?

"We've got to do something," Big 12 source says.

It's a mad house in college football right now.

Comment

They take Utah and the AZ schools and SDSU ?
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Wow... got out of a meeting and three different people texted me about this.

Anyone else getting excited for a Tuesday evening basketball tipoff between USC and Rutgers?
                              Rutgers has no business being in the Big 10. I never understood how that happened.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X