Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://theathletic.com/3426046/2022...dule-football/

Comment

• CA Governor Gavin Newsom is trying to put the brakes on UCLA's move to the B10. He's the head of the Board of Regents and is upset that UCLA didn't consult him. He has his people looking into what they can do to prevent the move, or at least delay it:

https://www.outkick.com/gavin-newsom...o-big-10-move/

Comment

• Out of 50 governors, he is either the worse or 2nd worse. He has been destroying California economically and now trying to expand that to UCLA. I read an article where UCLA athletics department is drowning and that the B1G threw a lifeline to them. Without the kind of TV money that the B1G is offering, UCLA will go broke. So, let Newsom block the deal and we can all watch UCLA slip into irrelevancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          CA Governor Gavin Newsom is trying to put the brakes on UCLA's move to the B10. He's the head of the Board of Regents and is upset that UCLA didn't consult him. He has his people looking into what they can do to prevent the move, or at least delay it:

https://www.outkick.com/gavin-newsom...o-big-10-move/
          At least he's taking an interest in the school. Maybe if somebody in Ohio government stood up for UC, a state school, they could have pressured O$U and we might be in the AAU or even the Big 10 by now. Nobody in the Columbus Statehouse gives a damn about UC.

Also, I can't imagine UC making a decision like this without consulting the BOT, as UCLA apparently did.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            ^^I agree with you. I do not think that half of the PAC 12 brings any value at all. There is no revenue from half of the teams. I had earlier reported that the projected value of the PAC was around $30 m per team where the Big 12 would be around $50 M per team. I do think that the Big 12 can set themselves up as the 3rd power conference which will be well behind the new power 2 conference. If the Big 12 is creative, they can eliminate one of the power 5 conferences and weaken the 4th.

However, I still believe that around 2030, the Power 2 will cut ties with the weak and add more power. The Vandy, Illinois, Boston College and about 10 more will be cut from the power 2.
            https://coloradobuffaloeswire.usatod...Ldraftmaverick

I'd be okay adding ASU over Colorado if Big 12 adds six Pac teams
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

At least he's taking an interest in the school. Maybe if somebody in Ohio government stood up for UC, a state school, they could have pressured O$U and we might be in the AAU or even the Big 10 by now. Nobody in the Columbus Statehouse gives a damn about UC.

Also, I can't imagine UC making a decision like this without consulting the BOT, as UCLA apparently did.
              I totally agree

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Newsom isn't taking an interest in UCLA, per se. He's upset that no one consulted him in advance. He's head of the Board of Regents. He doesn't want UCLA going off on their own, leaving Cal Berkeley behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  Out of 50 governors, he is either the worse or 2nd worse. He has been destroying California economically and now trying to expand that to UCLA. I read an article where UCLA athletics department is drowning and that the B1G threw a lifeline to them. Without the kind of TV money that the B1G is offering, UCLA will go broke. So, let Newsom block the deal and we can all watch UCLA slip into irrelevancy.
                  UCLA or UCLA Athletics? That's an important distinction. One has to wonder if Cronin saw the dept financials before he signed a contract.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The media keeps pushing for the "Big Pac". I am not sure that this is the best idea. As one post said, Washington, Oregon, Boise, and Arizona State bring the best of the current Big 5. I would hope to pick off those 4 colleges and be done with it. For what it is worth, here is your Big-Pac = How the Pac-12 and Big 12 conferences would look if they were to merge - Sports Illustrated All Cardinal News, Analysis and More

Comment

• That would give the conference TWO preferential NY6 Bowls - Rose and Cotton. Interesting to contemplate.

Comment

• The Athletic's take on AZ and ASU's positioning going forward. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3422570/2022...t-arizona-asu/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Some comments from Yormark about "disrupt and not being disrupted" ($)

https://theathletic.com/3422391/2022...-commissioner/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The first article talks about the best Big 12 move would be to merge with the PAC. The lower article (scroll down) is Brady Quinn saying that the Big 12 is at a much better place than the PAC.
                            Conference realignment slows as Big 12, Pac-12 may be realizing they're worth more together than apart (msn.com)

Comment

• I have a suscpision we will see Yormark at Nippert vs. Indiana

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                                I have a suscpision we will see Yormark at Nippert vs. Indiana
                                We might see him at Arkansas. It's driveable from Irving HQ
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X