Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, Last week Oregon’s lawyers met with the B1G. McMurphy is reporting this morning that Washington is about to the same. They aren’t high level meetings. No presidents, ADs etc.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      In other news, Last week Oregon’s lawyers met with the B1G. McMurphy is reporting this morning that Washington is about to the same. They aren’t high level meetings. No presidents, ADs etc.
      I have to believe that this is really going to hurt the PAC TV negotiations.

Comment

I have to wonder if they would be willing to take less than a full revenue share like what they are advocating Pac10 members take because they are more worthy.

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I have to believe that this is really going to hurt the PAC TV negotiations.
        Hurt? More like stop any negotiations and hopefully see some Big12 applications.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I have to wonder if they would be willing to take less than a full revenue share like what they are advocating Pac10 members take because they are more worthy.

Hurt? More like stop any negotiations and hopefully see some Big12 applications.
          I believe that’s the goal here. By being aggressive the Big 12 gets to preempt the PAC and throw numbers out where AZ, ASU and Utah And Colorado can see them.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I believe that’s the goal here. By being aggressive the Big 12 gets to preempt the PAC and throw numbers out where AZ, ASU and Utah And Colorado can see them.
            I am still holding out hope the Oregon/Washington talks with Big 10 are one sided and the four Pac teams we get a Ore, Stanford, Washington, and Utah. Only Utah moves the needle for Big 12. I just don't think AZ or ASU have as huge a following with vast number of transplants in the state. Colorado, just doesn't move the needle for me. Three of the four are equal to what we have pretty much top to bottom, with Utah the lone exception. Oregon/Washington are only rivaled by the very top of Big 12, though I understand the Big Ten is their first choice

Comment

More than a dozen schools have reached out to the PAC... Canzano: Pac-12 busy fielding inquiries from expansion candidates (johncanzano.com)

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                More than a dozen schools have reached out to the PAC... Canzano: Pac-12 busy fielding inquiries from expansion candidates (johncanzano.com)
                I know what 12.
                Air Force
                Boise State
                Colorado State
                Fresno State
                Hawaii
                Nevada
                New Mexico
                San Diego State
                San Jose State
                UNLV
                Utah State
                Wyoming

Comment

There was an interesting bit of info about expansion in Yormark's Q&A. It essentially said that current schools won't vote to add schools if their piece of the pie shrinks. While we all knew this to be true, it casts some doubt that a school like Arizona, ASU, or Colorado would add money to the pot. The Pac 10 will likely take the same approach with only Boise worthy of their consideration at this time. That could significantly lower number of Pac 10 targets to Oregon, Washignton, Utah, Stanford, and possibly Colorado, or indicate the conference is ready to wait until the ACC gets picked apart.

Just my opinion, ut these ACC schools would be much better than the Arizona schools and CU, assuming SEC and B!G take FSU, Clemson, Miami, and North Carolina: Va Tech, Pitt, Loserville, and Cuse. With these schools at least as worthy: NC State, Wake, Ga Tech, BC, and Va

Comment

I want them to expand just as there is strength in numbers... Plus Utah is genuinely good. Arizona is trash but would make bball even crazier

Comment

Some more detail on Yormark's remarks.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...options-expand
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yesterday - Air Force 41 CU 10....who really wants Colorado in the Big 12?

Comment

Test post...
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://frontofficesports.com/big-12...for-expansion/

Repeat of Yormark of saying they are looking to expand out west, but new that he added the tidbit of seeking a program with national recognition. When he says west, I assume Pacific Coast Timezone, which doesn't discount those in Mountain Timezone, but national branding does imply a school like Oregon or Washington. I am still pulling for Utah to be included in any expansion.

Comment

How will Amazon affect the PAC and Big 12? Conference realignment: Amazon interest may affect Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 composition as talks continue - CBSSports.com

Comment

Kliavkoff is insistent that no one is leaving the PAC 12. Reminds me of Baghdad Bob from Iraq. “Everything’s fine.” ($)

https://theathletic.com/3612350/2022...shared_article
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X