Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the reporters still need something to speculate. This says basically that the PAC has to change direction and add members before their TV deal. Previously, the PAC said TV deal first. They are worried about the Big 12 reported TV deal. I do not put any faith in because they will always speculate and try to be the first johny on the spot. Checking in on potential Pac-12 expansion targets (msn.com) Same teams as always mentioned.

Comment

Speculation is that the PAC will have a new TV deal between Halloween and Thanksgiving while also adding San Diego State. Pac-12 expansion update, and media rights deal believed to be happening soon (msn.com)
      TV deal between $33 to $40M plus Apple/Amazon streaming.

Comment

This article makes me believe that the Big 12 and Pac 12 are trying their darndest to bluff on TV revenue and expansion. Based on posting #47 and this one (#48) it seems that there is a race for money and expansion so both commissioners are trying to bluff the other conference. I feel better about the position that the Big 12 is in versus the Pac 12 but who knows. Big 12's Yormark tells Waco crowd he's looking at new TV deal, potential expansion (wacotrib.com)

Comment

This interesting and you could make the case that the war might be between the CFB and NFL right now. ($) Looks like the gentleman's agreement not to intrude on each other's game days has come to an end with the NFL planting a streaming game on Black Friday for the first time.

https://theathletic.com/3729913/2022...ll-playoff-tv/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dilutional PAC 12 says they are going to close the income gap with the Big 10.

Kliavkoff said the conference’s new deal would “close the gap between us and the Big Ten and the SEC [Southeastern Conference],” which he called a first step in strengthening the Pac-12 brand.

“Eventually, we’ll catch those guys,” Kliavkoff said. “It will take a couple of steps, but we’re going to take a step towards closing that gap. Then we’re going to be looking at expansion. We’re going to be looking at schools that make sense for us.”

Pac-12’s George Kliavkoff says ‘Eventually, we’ll catch’ SEC and Big Ten, a highly implausible scenario (msn.com)

Comment

Well this is damned interesting and I had to check twice to make sure the account was the real Pete Thamel.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ing-conference
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Best basketball conference could get much better. Loving the UCF complaints about travel and another basketball loss or two.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

You can still scroll down in this article and read it. It is interesting how they talk about the Big 12's new TV deal and what it means to the PAC. They say that the Big 12 left money on the table for security, but it will still be more than the PAC. The PAC has "powers" such as Oregon and Washington but nobody else. The Big 12 is good all the way down. Pac-12 Hotline mailbag: What’s the fate of UW and Oregon? Plus, could Gonzaga join the conference? | The Seattle Times

Comment

Dan Patrick is calling San Diego St. to the PAC 12 later this week apparently
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Dan Patrick is calling San Diego St. to the PAC 12 later this week apparently
                      All other people in that industry are calling him wrong. They say that the PAC 12 is going to get their TV deal done prior to adding anyone. I wonder if the TV people are saying to to the PAC 12, add SDSt. before we finalize??

Comment

Dan got one wrong earlier in the process too. Seems like his source was Wannstedt on that one and Wannstedt was clueless despite working for CBS at the time.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This says that the PAC 12 should be worried more about visibility and not money. Oh, they will not get the visibility from Amazon. Pac-12 should be concerned about visibility, not value compared to Big 12 as new media rights deal nears - CBSSports.com Plus, by getting to the TV table first, the Big 12 was able to pluck up whatever prime times that are left after the SEC and Big 10. The PAC will not have many quality times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Dan got one wrong earlier in the process too. Seems like his source was Wannstedt on that one and Wannstedt was clueless despite working for CBS at the time.
                            Or his source could be Pac 10 beat writer and hack Jon Wilner. That guy is very supportive of the pac 10 and will promote any rumor that props up the Pac 10 without verifying his sources.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

If you want some more speculation about the PAC 10 - Pac-12 Hotline: Expect new media rights deal before Pac-12 decides whether to expand (tucson.com)

Comment

I do not believe this for a minute..... The season ticket holder right next to me, this evening said that the SEC is courting UC. That the SEC wants to get into Ohio and go head-to-head with tosu. I told him that it was my belief that the ACC or the SEC should have chased UC before to get into the hot bed of recruiting in Ohio but they did not so we are in the Big 12. He said that the SEC know Ohio and wants to get into Ohio. I said that since the Big 12 media deal is done, UC cannot leave. He said that there is never a never. Again, I do not believe this but I wanted to throw it out there in case any of you have heard anything similar. In my opinion, UC is better off in the Big 12 for competition. Would you take the SEC for the money?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X