Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kliavkoff getting pressure to do something with media rights by the end of March. Expectation from Big 12 is to add teams as soon as a deal is announced. ($)

https://theathletic.com/4271149/2023...lignment-news/
    Last edited by Lobot; 03-03-2023, 01:14 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cbs version

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ins-uncertain/

Comment

Jason Scheer at WildcatAuthority is reporting that Arizona will meet with the BIg 12 this week. Not sure if that's next week or today.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Adding Arizona (and Gonzaga) will further enhance the BigXII position as the best basketball conference. There will be no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            Adding Arizona (and Gonzaga) will further enhance the BigXII position as the best basketball conference. There will be no doubt.
            Don't really need Gonzaga for that - prefer another "all" sports school, whether 1 of the 3 other "4 corners" schools, or another PAC drop out.

Comment

I would worry about the future of Gonzaga once Mark Few retires.

Comment

Some PAC schools getting Nervous.
                Why Pac-12 schools are back talking to the Big 12 (msn.com)
                PAC is looking at academics as a priority versus recent success in football.
                Three of the Pac-12's expansion targets confirmed (msn.com)
                Predicting who the fourth Pac-12 expansion candidate could be (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  Some PAC schools getting Nervous.
                  Why Pac-12 schools are back talking to the Big 12 (msn.com)
                  Three of the Pac-12's expansion targets confirmed (msn.com)
                  Predicting who the fourth Pac-12 expansion candidate could be (msn.com)
                  The longer it takes to get a Pac10 media deal done, the more it looks like implosion. I haven't seen any trussted/verified reports that either Ore/Washington have a landing spot in the Big 10, nor have I seen anything beyond speculation that Ore/Wash would accept a Big 12 invite if they get unequal revenue sharing, i.e. more than a full share. I think the Pac10 is imploding before the Big 10 is willing to act and Yormark is forcing the hands of some teams by reigniting expansion talks with the 4 corners schools. If the Pac10 implodes whis month, I see the Big 12 as the only "P5" landing spot for any of the schools, and the MWC for the others. I don't see a scenario where the Pac10 stays intact and relevant, perhaps in name only with hopes of regaining prestige. I also don't think the Pac10 will be able to produce more than one entry into the expanded playoff, and some years MWC or AAC or Sunbelt could mean Pac10 gets zero teams into an expanded playoff.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Colorado State has emerged as one of the favorites for the PAC 12 expansion. How do you think Colorado and the rest of the PAC feels about that? Really, the only quality candidates already exist in the Power 5. The group that the PAC is looking at right now is not overwhelming. There could always be a merger between the ACC and the PAC to save both conferences, but I do not see that happening unless ESPN and Fox Sports want it to happen. The ACC is locked in on the cheap so why would ESPN want to pay more.

Comment

Is the PAC 12 Really This Bad? Is the Pac-12 really this bad? Why the league is struggling - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Comment

Colorado Board of Regents will be having a special meeting with legal counsel on 3/8/23 to discuss legal matters in athletics. Speculation is that it is about leaving the PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          Colorado Board of Regents will be having a special meeting with legal counsel on 3/8/23 to discuss legal matters in athletics. Speculation is that it is about leaving the PAC.
                          However, no votes will be taken. The meeting is informative only.

Comment

Speculation is that Colorado and Arizona will be first to jump ship. Big 12 expansion speculation: Arizona, Colorado 'odds-on candidates' to leave Pac-12 first (yahoo.com)

Also, is the PAC "backfilling" versus expanding? Are Pac-12 expansion talks occurring to combat potential loss of four corner schools? (msn.com)
                            Last edited by bearcatbret; 03-09-2023, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I wonder if those two do jump first if ASU gets their hand forced by the AZ regents.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                I wonder if those two do jump first if ASU gets their hand forced by the AZ regents.
                                If CU and AZ jump, all 8 remaining Pac10 schools get their hands forced. Yormark is playing this game close to the vest and has been very clear he wants that Pacific Time Zone. Obviously the big prizes are Oregon/Washington, but they still have a shot at the Big 10. The questions here are: A) Is the Big 10 ready to add more schools for 2024, even at a discounted, stepped revenue sharing plan, and B) Will Washington and Oregon be candidates in a few years if the Big10 is waiting on ND or ACC schools? For A, Oregon and Washington would definitely take a lower share; however, they want a plan that steps them up to a full share over time. My two cents on B, if the Big 10 doesn't think Oregona dn Washington bring value now, that value will not increase over the next few years the Big 10 tries to sway ND while awaiting ACC to do "something".

If Yormark misses out on Oregon/Washington, you'd have to think his next two targets after AZ/CU would be Oregon State and Washington State. Both schools are a better cultural fit to the Big 12 than the bigger California schools, and to be honest, does anyone want Cal and Stanford? If you get AZ, you have the state so don't need ASU. Plus we already have BYU, so Utah doesn't add much. Say what you will about the Beavers and Cougars, both are big-time programs with a large enough following to warrant major consideration. Honestly, If I am Yormark, I try for a package deal to get Oregon, Oregon St, Washington, and Wash St because the big two are worth it. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds the next few weeks. I am betting some movement happens when the Pac10 media packages come in significantly less than the Big 12 package.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X