Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Athletic article is much better than the poorly written speculative piece by Dennis Dodd. I found it interesting that Oregon/Washington had a better relationship with Kevin Warran thatn current commissioner according to the Athletic
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This is pretty good synopsis of what's coming or could happen in the next year ($)

https://theathletic.com/4179977/2023...lege-football/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If the Pac-10 loses several teams to Big 12 due to annual tv revenue, would the most likely scenario be some sort of merger with Mountain West? Even if true, I have to think the Pac-10 would only get one team in a 12 team playoff. I am assuming both the Big 10 and SEC will likely get two at-large bids with ACC and Big 12 likely getting one at-large bid as the yearly average. Any Pac10 team would need to be nearly perfect in conference play to have a shot at the Playoff, while the other conferences would be able to absorb a single loss easier with higher SOS and ranking that usually comes with the tougher schedule perception.

Comment

I'm more curious to see how they cross the bridge to a grant of rights with schools like Oregon, Stanford, et. al. That tv contract if they do not have certainty to the teams will be like a piece of swiss cheese.

Comment

More speculation on how bad it is in the PAC 12. Pac-12 expansion, realignment speculation, updates: Conference 'united' amid rumors (yahoo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
              I'm more curious to see how they cross the bridge to a grant of rights with schools like Oregon, Stanford, et. al. That tv contract if they do not have certainty to the teams will be like a piece of swiss cheese.
              I'm not sure what you mean by Grant of Rights. Did you mean the expiring Pac10 contract or the new Big 12 contract that begins in '25?

Comment

McMurphy is reporting that CBS and Turner have thrown in the towel on PAC media rights negotiations. That pretty much just leaves the streaming services or are FOX and ESPN still in this one? I’ve lost track this week.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Found some more go. Amazon only wants the game of the week. Fox is out. Twitch is out. NBC is out. AppleTV is a possibility.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    McMurphy is reporting that CBS and Turner have thrown in the towel on PAC media rights negotiations. That pretty much just leaves the streaming services or are FOX and ESPN still in this one? I’ve lost track this week.
                    If it is print..... CBS Sports and Turner reportedly back out of Pac-12 media rights negotiations (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Found some more go. Amazon only wants the game of the week. Fox is out. Twitch is out. NBC is out. AppleTV is a possibility.
                      Again, ESPN is not looking and Amazon may look at NASCAR and NBA - Big 12 'totally out maneuvered Pac-12' by getting early media rights deal done - Sports Illustrated USC Trojans News, Analysis and More

Comment

I hate to say it but the PAC arrogance may become Big East part 2. The Mountain West may be their best bet.

Comment

Yet another article that does not sound like good news for the PAC. Is the Pac-12 close to a new deal or are they in trouble as more bidders back away from negotiations? (msn.com)

Comment

It seems that everyone is dumping on the PAC now. Pac-12 looks weak; no one is eager to pay big money for broadcast deal (usatoday.com)

Comment

Will the Pac-12 break up? Where each team would go if league disintegrates over media rights deal

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...a-rights-deal/

Comment

That was written by Dobbs and he is just repeating and summarizing what others have said before him. Besides, Dobbs is never right. It does appear that the PAC is close to being the old Big East unless they get at least $30M per school in linear TV rights. I do not think that the schools will get excited about streaming for the reasons already stated about recruiting and visibility for the universities for general enrollment. Maybe the AAC can recruit Washington State, Oregon State, Cal, and Standford.

This article says that 72-percent polled thing that the Arizona schools should join the Big 12. I wonder if they only polled 4 people. Big 12 expansion, realignment speculation includes Pac-12 schools Arizona State, Arizona (msn.com)
                                Last edited by bearcatbret; 02-17-2023, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X