College Football Playoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
    I just hope, regardless of the outcome, our fans give the team a standing ovation as a salute to a great season and accomplishment.
    I know I will.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I do hope that the University plans something when they get back into town. Hopefully after Indy.

Comment

White helmet haters rejoice, the Uni combo for the Playoff game is Black White Black.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I am also guessing this is what they did. I only know of one person who got 8 seats, but he is a big donor. Everyone one else says they requested 4 and got 2 or got the 2 they requested.

The ticket office said they were going by donor levels. Not sure if that happened or if there aren't many people who truly qualified for 4 or 8. Did you request 4 and system let you, but by donor level should've only ordered 2?
          I believe each participating school received 13K tickets to distribute. I believe this is less than the number of season tickets purchased. Not sure how many UC sets aside for family members etc, but I assume they distributed less than the 13K to season ticket holders.

FWIW, I believe schools get 20K tix for the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

I believe each participating school received 13K tickets to distribute. I believe this is less than the number of season tickets purchased. Not sure how many UC sets aside for family members etc, but I assume they distributed less than the 13K to season ticket holders.

FWIW, I believe schools get 20K tix for the National Championship
            I think that allotment is broken down into groups. They normally have to pull the tickets for the Band, Cheer and Dance Team out from that number as well. That probably totals about 400 tickets or so if the whole band comes to the bowl game. Less for everyone else and that's before you save a block for students.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

D-Line article from Justin Williams ($)

https://theathletic.com/3028347/2021...high-standard/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Glad to see we don't have the dreaded white helmet curse to worry about
                Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 12-21-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Players going home for Christmas. Also mentions Coby changing his number. Let's hope the team stays healthy. 'They have to be smart': Cincinnati football program hoping to avoid COVID-19 outbreaks (yahoo.com)

If you want to compare teams.... Comparing stats: Alabama vs. Cincinnati ahead of CFP Cotton Bowl matchup (yahoo.com)
                  Last edited by bearcatbret; 12-21-2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Not sure if this was posted before (or even if I posted it). CFP showing on the big screen. Cinemark, ESPN to show College Football Playoff games in theaters - Sports Illustrated

Comment

Here are all the different ways to watch the UC/Alabama game, including an option on the ESPN app with the UC radio broadcast synced up https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status...11304057802768

Comment

Texas A&M has dropped out the Gator Bowl due to Covid infections.

That led directly to the CFP folks issuing a press release on what’s happens if teams in the CFP can’t play .

In short, if one team can’t play, it’s a forfeit. Other team advances. If both can’t play it’s a no contest. Games will not be rescheduled. The remaining game will determine the CFP champ. If 3 teams go down, the 4th team is champion. If no one can play , the CFP will vacate this years title.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I guess there's plenty of time until the game, but Alabama's OC and OL coach have tested positive for COVID.

Comment

Georgia has two players out. Speculation is that they will not play.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              Georgia has two players out. Speculation is that they will not play.
                              I have been worried about this for the last week. Texas A&M also had several NFL bound players opt out, so perhaps they just didn't want to play. Irregardless, how many people have made airline and hotel reservations? The Gator Bowl is the 6th oldest bowl game. There is a chance the N. Illinois, who has already played and lost a bowl game (barely), might get to play a second bowl game, replacing A&M.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

The players are allowed to go home for three days. That is what worries me. I kind of wish they were all kept in a bubble but that is difficult at Christmas. Also, I believe that the Cotton Bowl is allowing the teams to come in only 2 days early versus the previously scheduled 1 week.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X