X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

So memorable and great, I forgot Sark's the new coach for a but. Yawn. Wake me when UT-Austin wins something. I don't think it will be this decade
    Yes. this. Maybe they finally will this year but this might be the only year. Sark is a really good OC but I'm not sold on him as an HC.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by CatCane View Post

Tom Herman is coaching FAU this year. Steve Sarkisian is the Longhorn's coach.
    So memorable and great, I forgot Sark's the new coach for a but. Yawn. Wake me when UT-Austin wins something. I don't think it will be this decade

Leave a comment:

• CatCane
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

We should've beat that UCF team last year, though they are slightly improved I don't see them winning 5 conference games. The schedule favors UC and I'd stack our defense against an in the league, and our D-line among the best in the nation. I have more reason to believe in this UC team than just being a "UC Homer". It's kinda lazy journalism to give a few thoughts on just the top contenders. I'm not predicting UC will go 7-2 in conference play, but UC is more situated to go 5-4 or 6-3 than UCF. There are a lot of new parts that seem to be fitting together nicely. Add in a disruptive defense, and this team could both score well on offense and defense. I'd much rather exceed expectations than underperform against high expectations.

BTW - Texas is not gonna being in the top 4 let alone Big 12 champion with CFP aspirations. Much the way we see new faces fitting in at UC, Tom Herman doesn't have a history of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.
    Tom Herman is coaching FAU this year. Steve Sarkisian is the Longhorn's coach.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Stewart Mandel's Big 12 predictions ($) https://theathletic.com/4797476/2023...s-mandel-2023/

Spoiler alert -- he has UC in a four-way tie for last place at 2-7 in the league, 4-8 overall.
    We should've beat that UCF team last year, though they are slightly improved I don't see them winning 5 conference games. The schedule favors UC and I'd stack our defense against an in the league, and our D-line among the best in the nation. I have more reason to believe in this UC team than just being a "UC Homer". It's kinda lazy journalism to give a few thoughts on just the top contenders. I'm not predicting UC will go 7-2 in conference play, but UC is more situated to go 5-4 or 6-3 than UCF. There are a lot of new parts that seem to be fitting together nicely. Add in a disruptive defense, and this team could both score well on offense and defense. I'd much rather exceed expectations than underperform against high expectations.

BTW - Texas is not gonna being in the top 4 let alone Big 12 champion with CFP aspirations. Much the way we see new faces fitting in at UC, Tom Herman doesn't have a history of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Stewart Mandel's Big 12 predictions ($) https://theathletic.com/4797476/2023...s-mandel-2023/

Spoiler alert -- he has UC in a four-way tie for last place at 2-7 in the league, 4-8 overall.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    From last week https://big12sports.com/news/2023/8/...ship-game.aspx

The Big 12 Conference announced that three-time Grammy-award winning artist Nelly will perform at halftime of the 2023 Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship game. Nelly will be joined by the marching bands of both participating teams. Additional entertainment and fan experience enhancements for the Football Championship game will be announced at a later date.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Important journalism below, via Brett McMurphy:

Big 12 coaches favorite musical artists from @ActionNetworkHQ

Baylor’s Dave Aranda: Dave Matthews Band
    BYU’s Kalani Sitake: Bob Marley
    Cincinnati’s Scott Satterfield: Luke Combs
    Houston’s Dana Holgorsen: Post Malone
    Iowa State’s Matt Campbell: Van Halen
    Kansas’ Lance Leipold: Kenny Chesney
    Kansas State’s Chris Klieman: Cole Swindell
    Oklahoma’s Brent Venables: Kane Brown
    Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy: Prince
    TCU’s Sonny Dykes: Dave Matthews Band
    Texas’ Steve Sarkisian: Tupac
    Texas Tech’s Joey McGuire: George Strait
    UCF’s Gus Malzahn: The Cars
    West Virginia’s Neal Brown: Zach Bryan

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Sam Khan Jr. and Justin Williams preview the Big 12 for The Athletic ($) https://theathletic.com/4782836/2023...tions-preview/

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Kansas has announced a new transformative project with an emphasis on KU football and its facilities
    https://kuathletics.com/university-o...g-in-december/

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    COACHES POLL is out -- here are Big 12 teams:

#12 - Texas
    #16 - TCU
    #17 - Kansas State
    #19 - Oklahoma (play at UC on 9/23)
    #24 - Texas Tech

Future Big 12 teams
    #14 - Utah
    AP Poll has dropped

11. Texas
    16. Kansas State
    17. TCU
    20. Oklahoma

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    COACHES POLL is out -- here are Big 12 teams:

#12 - Texas
    #16 - TCU
    #17 - Kansas State
    #19 - Oklahoma (play at UC on 9/23)
    #24 - Texas Tech

Future Big 12 teams
    #14 - Utah

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Iowa State QB accused of betting on ISU sports https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...l/70509522007/

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I was reading a recruiting and realignment article on The Athletic and realized that Dana Holgerson has now coached on at least three teams in the conference.

He was an asst. coach at TTU and HC at WVU and UH. I almost want to say it’s four because I keep thinking he was at OK St at done point as an asst.
    You are corrrect. Holgersen was OC at Okie State in 2010, leading to taking the WV job.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I was reading a recruiting and realignment article on The Athletic and realized that Dana Holgerson has now coached on at least three teams in the conference.

He was an asst. coach at TTU and HC at WVU and UH. I almost want to say it’s four because I keep thinking he was at OK St at some point as an asst.
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-02-2023, 09:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Media Days - Big 12 Media Days 2023: What to watch as Texas and Oklahoma address expectations, league newcomers debut - CBSSports.com

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X