Coaching Carousel 2023

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

interesting. a lot of folks thought that lewis should've gotten the uc job. i can't see any way that he'd wind up here - uc's not firing CSS for at least one more year, and, if CSS is calling the plays, i can't imagine a decent oc coming in - plus, CSS might not want the headache of looking over his shoulder, at "the next guy in line".
    Yeah, the reason I posted it is there were several factions of the fan base that either wanted Lewis or Deion but I don't think anyone realized Satterfield was going to be available. It'll be interesting to watch all this play out and see who made the right hire here, if anyone.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wisconsin fans were already calling for Fickle's head. Now this - Northwestern 24-10 Wisconsin (Nov 11, 2023) Game Recap - ESPN Congrats to Ben Bryant.

Comment

Jimbo Fisher will be fired later this morning per Ross Dellenger at Yahoo Sports. In case you were wondering, the buyout is about $75M

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-am-of...133841259.html
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Jimbo Fisher will be fired later this morning per Ross Dellenger at Yahoo Sports. In case you were wondering, the buyout is about $75M

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-am-of...133841259.html
          Thamel: Early list of potential names for Texas A&M, knowing money is no object: Lane Kiffin, Mike Elko, Mike Norvell, Dan Lanning, Jeff Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kliff Kingsbury and Kalen DeBoer.

Comment

Okay, I firmly believe Satt can coach and a coaching change now sets us back, but is Jimbo to UC the rare exception that could nit be a set back?
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Never hire a coach on the downside of his career bell curve. See also: TTuberville.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Never hire a coach on the downside of his career bell curve. See also: TTuberville.
                Is he on downside or are there too many distractions in College Station. TT was clearly done trying. You may have more insight.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Boise State will be firing its coach per Thamel

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Thamel: Early list of potential names for Texas A&M, knowing money is no object: Lane Kiffin, Mike Elko, Mike Norvell, Dan Lanning, Jeff Traylor, Chris Klieman, Kliff Kingsbury and Kalen DeBoer.
                    I'm surprised Satterfield isn't on this list. (Sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                      Okay, I firmly believe Satt can coach and a coaching change now sets us back, but is Jimbo to UC the rare exception that could nit be a set back?
                      I say "Hire that man!" We need some wealthy alumni that can make these things happen with all of the buyouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I'm surprised Satterfield isn't on this list. (Sarcasm)
                        That would solve some problems. My wife told me yesterday during the game, that she was told that Cunningham did not want to hire Satterfield but was pressured by some pretty big boosters.

Comment

I like many of you are dissatisfied with our record. We’re all disappointed in the quarterback play. Certainly Coach Satt has made bad decisions. They ran off last years QB starter, and committed to a QB deficient in the skills to play Big 12 football. Our Offensive line had to be rebuilt and had performed well lately. Our running backs are as good as anyone in our conference. Our defense is as solid as other Big 12 teams, less our db’s. What we haven’t had is discipline. Too many dumb mistakes over a whole season. You would have thought Satt would have laid down the law early to set standard for the program. Didn’t happen. I hope the new found discipline sticks going forward, we’ll see.

Comment

Sam Pittman come on down, you’re the next contestant on the Price is Right.

Favorite rumor here is Gus Malzahn
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sam Pittman come on down, you’re the next contestant on the Price is Right.

Favorite rumor here is Gus Malzahn
                              The source was wrong. Pittman has been retained and even earned a bonus 5.4M on his contract.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Is he on downside or are there too many distractions in College Station. TT was clearly done trying. You may have more insight.
                                Major college athletics in Texas in general is just a mess. Too many cooks in the kitchen and they're all cooking with oil money. Both UT and A&M have an inflated ego on how important they are in the landscape.

Plus, I personally thought this was a bad hire for A&M from the get go and I have no idea why they ponied up so much money for JImbo's contract outside of making Jimmy Sexton rich. There isn't even an offset on it. He can take another job and they still owe him the full buyout. Saw yesterday where if they can't raise the money for a lump sum, he's going to get paid annually until like 2035, a la Bobby Bonilla.

Something else that occurred to me is this was similar to Satterfield's hire in that the boosters at FSU were trying to run him off so he left on his own.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X