X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/3/7...gn-update.aspx

The University of Cincinnati's July 1 debut in the Big 12 Conference is fast approaching and support for student-athletes continues its strong momentum, with more than $84 million raised as part of the Day One Ready Campaign.

Since a public launch in November 2021, Day One Ready has been marching steadily toward its $100 million fundraising goal to ensure UC's more than 450 student-athletes are well positioned to compete and win as the Bearcats enter this new era as a Power 5 school.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    10 Big 12 Stories heading into Spring -
    10 Big 12 storylines for spring: Is Texas back? How can TCU replace its offense? (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    SI reports that Yormark stating the Big 12 will aggressively pursue expansion.

Welcome to Arizona.
    PEr the John and Jon podcast interview, Yormark was adamant about pursuing 4th time zone, i.e. Pacific Coast time zone, and Arizona in on Mountain time. When the first Pac10 school applies, I think 8 others will also apply, seeing Big 10 hopes fade into nothingness, leaving Cal standing alone on principle. Yormark and the Big 12 will be able to pick and choose the cream, i.e. Oregon, Washington, Utah, and one other.

In addition to the interview, various news sources are reporting networks are backing out of Pac10 negotiations and Amazon only wants the game of the week.

https://www.si.com/college/usc/footb...ight-deal-done

https://www.outkick.com/pac-12-cbs-o...-negotiations/

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm curious how they are going to distirbute that $50M per school exit money. I'm kind of guessing UC won't get any of it but if we do, it would be a windfall amount for us.
    From what I've read, the bulk of the money will be tv distributions that UT-Austin and OU are releasing, and that money will go to the original 8 to offset loss of revenue. All of the original schoools were going to take a less than full share of tv revenue to give partial shares to the new schools, and this money will help make the orginal schools shares whole again. In a way this is a windfall for the new schools in that the higher partial shares probably wouldn't have been so big without some anticipation of then negotiating a 2024 exit to the SEC schools.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    In a podcast interview with Jon Canzano today, Brett Yormark confirmed that all twelve future B12 schools signed the GOR. The schools and conference had been silent previously.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Official. Texas and Oklahoma leaving one year early, after the 2023-24 season. They’ll pay the Big XII $100 million.

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/2/...and-texas.aspx
    I'm curious how they are going to distirbute that $50M per school exit money. I'm kind of guessing UC won't get any of it but if we do, it would be a windfall amount for us.

Leave a comment:

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    I came across something that is discouraging to me. In light of the multiple UCBB games on Espn+ this year, and the +'s lack of consistent quality, whether picture delivery, announcers, or whatever, I was hoping the move to the Big 12 would mean the end of that problem.

But not so fast - I was reading a Twitter subject on ESPN and right out of the box were three complaints from three different Big 12 tweeters (i.e., not the same school, and one was KU) about having so many B12 games on the +. So more of the same it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    SI reports that Yormark stating the Big 12 will aggressively pursue expansion.

Welcome to Arizona.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Official. Texas and Oklahoma leaving one year early, after the 2023-24 season. They’ll pay the Big XII $100 million.

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/2/...and-texas.aspx
    Last edited by longtimefan; 02-09-2023, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
    ucf fans on twitter definitely have a very high opinion of ucf - i love it that other b12 fan bases have alrady noticed, and are calling ucf out on it. "cyclone larry" seems to be the twitter guy giving the most to ucf, bless his heart.

i don't think that uh fans are that bad, but i have to believe that there's some old bad blood from the SWC days.
    The UT-Austin game at Houston has been circled by UH fans I know. Yes, they hold the Longhorns directly accountable for not including UH when the Big 12 was formed. They are right too. This was before conferences started thinking about footprint or that area was nearly covered by A&M. Texas wanted Houston out so they could recruit the Houston area a little better.

I get the impression the Coughar fans would be okay losing every other Big 12 game for three years if they win that game.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
    ucf fans on twitter definitely have a very high opinion of ucf - i love it that other b12 fan bases have alrady noticed, and are calling ucf out on it. "cyclone larry" seems to be the twitter guy giving the most to ucf, bless his heart.

i don't think that uh fans are that bad, but i have to believe that there's some old bad blood from the SWC days.
    What UH fans? 😂

Leave a comment:

• D.A.H.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    In case you missed it, there is a pretty neat and fierce twitter war going on between ISU and UCF. It started with the normal UCF arrogance and has picked up steam about how they won't wait over 100 years to win conference football title since the last ISU title was the year the Titanic sank.

Side note: many fans are also piling on UH football, with one Baylor comment along the lines, we're going to keep bullying UH and UCF because we still consider them G5 teams with something to prove. The poster said the conference is pretty chill about BYU and Cincy because they belong.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    There's always the possibility that the B12 could just go with a home-and-away mirror of the 2023 schedule, which is what the AAC has been doing.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post

With Texas leaving how can they dictate what games they want to play & where? They should have zero say so in the scheduling.
    You'd think.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X