X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    HAPPY FRIDAY
    Bob Huggins: Cincinnati, other Big 12 additions have 'no idea what they're getting into'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...o/70066858007/

"You want the honest answer?" Huggins told the Field of 68's "After Dark." "I feel sorry for them. They have absolutely no idea what they're getting into. This is - I've been in a lot of leagues. And I've been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America and with the best players in America. And I'm telling you right now the hardest league that I've ever coached in - ever - and the best fanbases. You go in and they may be 3-17 and they've got 14,000 people sitting there. … It's unbelievable. The fan support. How good the players are. How good the coaching is. It is such a hard, hard league. And you've got to go through it twice. And I'm gonna tell you - they're not ready for that."

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Copying this from a Facebook post by Lott Hall, KState fan. It is great analysis and this is best place to share.

Hopefully, Flory becomes the Bearcats 4th number 1 Draft pick.

There are only 19 schools that have produced more than one Number 1 NBA draft pick. KU, K-State, WVU, and Houston with 2 each and Cincinnati with 3 are the Big 12 teams with more than 1 each.

KU (2) with Danny Manning (1988) and Andrew Wiggins (2014). - Wilt Chamberlain left KU early before eligible for NBA to join Harlem Globtrotters then went #2 in NBA draft in 1959.

K-State (2) with Howie Shannon (1949) and Bob Boozer (1954) - Michael Beasley was #2 pick in 2008.

WVU (2) with Mark Workman (1952) and Hot Rod Huntley (1957) - Jerry West, the player on NBA logo was #2 pick in 1960. Rod Thorn (1963) was also #2 pick.

Cincinnati (3) with Oscar Robertson (1960), Tom Thacker (1963), and Kenyon Martin (2000) - Paul Hogue (1962) and Jiff Wilson (1964) were #2 picks.

Houston (2) with Elvin Hayes (1968) and Hakeem Olajuwon (1984) - Otis Birdsong (1977) was #2 pick

The NBA started in 1946 with first draft in 1947. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams in 36 divisions and 76 teams in Power 6 (including Big East) and several powerful mid-majors like Gonzaga, Houston, and Cincinnati.

Number 1 picks:
    Duke 5
    Kentucky 3
    Cincinnati 3
    K-State 2
    North Carolina 2
    UCLA 2
    KU 2
    Indiana 2
    Michigan 2
    Maryland 2
    UNLV 2
    LSU 2
    Georgetown 2
    Utah 2
    Houston 2
    Purdue 2
    WVU 2
    UTEP 2
    Duquesne 2
    Tom Thacker the only player to win a NCAA Championship, NBA Championship (Celtics) and ABA Championship (Pacers.) He still lives here locally.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Copying this from a Facebook post by Lott Hall, KState fan. It is great analysis and this is best place to share.

Hopefully, Flory becomes the Bearcats 4th number 1 Draft pick.

There are only 19 schools that have produced more than one Number 1 NBA draft pick. KU, K-State, WVU, and Houston with 2 each and Cincinnati with 3 are the Big 12 teams with more than 1 each.

KU (2) with Danny Manning (1988) and Andrew Wiggins (2014). - Wilt Chamberlain left KU early before eligible for NBA to join Harlem Globtrotters then went #2 in NBA draft in 1959.

K-State (2) with Howie Shannon (1949) and Bob Boozer (1954) - Michael Beasley was #2 pick in 2008.

WVU (2) with Mark Workman (1952) and Hot Rod Huntley (1957) - Jerry West, the player on NBA logo was #2 pick in 1960. Rod Thorn (1963) was also #2 pick.

Cincinnati (3) with Oscar Robertson (1960), Tom Thacker (1963), and Kenyon Martin (2000) - Paul Hogue (1962) and Jiff Wilson (1964) were #2 picks.

Houston (2) with Elvin Hayes (1968) and Hakeem Olajuwon (1984) - Otis Birdsong (1977) was #2 pick

The NBA started in 1946 with first draft in 1947. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams in 36 divisions and 76 teams in Power 6 (including Big East) and several powerful mid-majors like Gonzaga, Houston, and Cincinnati.

Number 1 picks:
    Duke 5
    Kentucky 3
    Cincinnati 3
    K-State 2
    North Carolina 2
    UCLA 2
    KU 2
    Indiana 2
    Michigan 2
    Maryland 2
    UNLV 2
    LSU 2
    Georgetown 2
    Utah 2
    Houston 2
    Purdue 2
    WVU 2
    UTEP 2
    Duquesne 2

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Leaving from here I'd like you to let me know how many speeding tickets you accumulate to make Rucker in 10 hours.
    None. I’ve done it more than once.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, WVU and UC are the only schools within a 10 hour drive of Rucker Park.
    Leaving from here I'd like you to let me know how many speeding tickets you accumulate to make Rucker in 10 hours.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

until BY picks off a couple of BE schools
    Who wants BE schools? They don’t play football.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.H.
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

until BY picks off a couple of BE schools

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Despite having been gone from the area a significant period, as a native New Yorker I have always taken pride in both the quantity and especially the quality of high school basketball/players in the Greater New York City area. Because of that talent pool I understand Yormark's effort to showcase the Big12 and perhaps make recruiting a little easier - but if I have my geography correct, aside perhaps from W. VA there are almost entire conferences closer to NY than the rest of the Big12.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Big 12 Conference Announces New Programming Series Coming To New York City Parks’ Iconic Rucker Park

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/3/23/big-12-conference-announces-new-programming-series-coming-to-new-york-city-parks-iconic-rucker-park.aspx

... The partnership will see the Big 12 operate youth clinics at Rucker Park for local youth in grades six and below. The clinics will be held across multiple days and will be led by head coaches from both men’s and women’s Big 12 basketball programs. Participating coaches will be named at a later date.

Additionally, the Big 12 Conference will host men’s and women’s summer exhibition games at Rucker Park, pending NCAA approval. The Big 12 is also planning a variety of entertainment enhancements and community engagements throughout the Conference’s Rucker Park activations.

“Rucker Park is one of the great landmarks in basketball and is a cultural icon – we are excited to be able to bring Big 12 Basketball to its court,” said Commissioner Brett Yormark. “We are committed to growing the Conference’s footprint in a variety of ways, and we want kids across New York City to experience Big 12 Basketball first-hand.”
    Despite having been gone from the area a significant period, as a native New Yorker I have always taken pride in both the quantity and especially the quality of high school basketball/players in the Greater New York City area. Because of that talent pool I understand Yormark's effort to showcase the Big12 and perhaps make recruiting a little easier - but if I have my geography correct, aside perhaps from W. VA there are almost entire conferences closer to NY than the rest of the Big12.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Big 12 Conference Announces New Programming Series Coming To New York City Parks’ Iconic Rucker Park

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/3/23/big-12-conference-announces-new-programming-series-coming-to-new-york-city-parks-iconic-rucker-park.aspx

... The partnership will see the Big 12 operate youth clinics at Rucker Park for local youth in grades six and below. The clinics will be held across multiple days and will be led by head coaches from both men’s and women’s Big 12 basketball programs. Participating coaches will be named at a later date.

Additionally, the Big 12 Conference will host men’s and women’s summer exhibition games at Rucker Park, pending NCAA approval. The Big 12 is also planning a variety of entertainment enhancements and community engagements throughout the Conference’s Rucker Park activations.

“Rucker Park is one of the great landmarks in basketball and is a cultural icon – we are excited to be able to bring Big 12 Basketball to its court,” said Commissioner Brett Yormark. “We are committed to growing the Conference’s footprint in a variety of ways, and we want kids across New York City to experience Big 12 Basketball first-hand.”
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-23-2023, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Deleted - wrong thread.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Didn't know a better place to put it, but the old basketball court (with AAC logos) is gone!

https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...83688008548353

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://big12sports.com/news/2023/3/...y-in-2024.aspx

The Big 12 and the NFL today announced a partnership to launch the Big 12 Pro Day, a reimagined Pro Day experience with state of the art medical and player skill assessments designed to maximize the student-athlete prospect experience.

The Big 12 Pro Day, debuting in spring of 2024 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas will be the first-ever conference-wide pro day, replacing and advancing traditional on-campus pro days. The event will showcase Big 12 football talent at a world-class facility, providing maximum exposure for Big 12 student-athletes as they prepare for their professional careers.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/...56628759212032

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    To steal a phrase from one of our members.... "This sounds groovy." Starts off talking Big 12 basketball. Big 12 readies to pounce on Four Corners schools as doubt creeps in about Pac-12's viability - CBSSports.com

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X