No announcement yet.

All Things Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, we'll see reports of flights in and out of Lunken. Trying to figure out whose shoes just boarded.

Comment

• Had one foot out the door since last year . Upset that he missed ND because of the CFP. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3941906/2022...shared_article
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Had one foot out the door since last year . Upset that he missed ND because of the CFP. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3941906/2022...shared_article
        He could've gone to ND and folls would've accepted it is his "dream job". I doubt someone holds a grudge against winning and making the CFP. If ND was his dream, take it and give Freeman the UC job. That is a cop-out BS take.

I am thankful for all Luke did for UC and wish him several Big Ten championships, but don't hold grudge that winning at wrong time kept him from dream job. If that official hadn't put time on clock in Texas/OU game. UC/Kelly would've been in BCS championship.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• "There is a tremendous foundation here that I can't wait to build upon. This world-class university, athletic department and passionately loyal fan base all have a strong commitment to success and I can't wait to be a part of it."

Wisconsin has hired Cincinnati's Luke Fickell to take over as coach of the football program (yahoo.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post

Do tell if you find out, this is all really shocking and fast. If the Bengals lose today it's going to be a really bad evening
            Fortunately, the Bengals did not disappoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
              Don’t be fooled that this came up suddenly. I heard after Coach BK left UC, he had been in discussions for a month with Notre Dame. My suspicions are that CLF knew before the Tulane game he’d be leaving.

B.C.
              I agree. He did.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Ten times my annual salary per year is enough. At any salary a 20% raise is good
                I just hope his kids and wife like the cold weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I just hope his kids and wife like the cold weather.
                  6 million plus the commercials buys a lot of warm clothing

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

6 million plus the commercials buys a lot of warm clothing
                    I'm sure their future backyard barn will be well-heated as well

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      "There is a tremendous foundation here that I can't wait to build upon. This world-class university, athletic department and passionately loyal fan base all have a strong commitment to success and I can't wait to be a part of it."

Wisconsin has hired Cincinnati's Luke Fickell to take over as coach of the football program (yahoo.com)
                      I wanted to put in the puking emoji but couldn't find it. So very disappointed in Fickell. Thought he was different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

I wanted to put in the puking emoji but couldn't find it. So very disappointed in Fickell. Thought he was different.
                        It is tough to swallow, using CLF's own words. But, let's be honest. His stock was higher right now than it would be after a couple of years adjusting to the BigXII. And, he did lift the program to new heights, for which I am grateful. I think he will do well at Wisconsin, but I also feel had he waited around a little longer, he would have been primed to go to tO$U, which we can all agree is the job he really covets.

Thank you to CLF and his family for the work you did while at UC. I wish him well.

Comment

• Can't blame him for going to the super Big 10. Lot of playoff chances.

Comment

• Post analysis from Pat Forde

https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/2...ll-replace-him
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Yeah, given a night’s sleep on the news, there’s an opportunity for Luke to coach at the CFB elite division (at least how it’s structured today) and rebuild a historically strong program at the same time. I don’t have anything but gratitude and hopes that he’s successful there, too.

Comment

• Here’s a story that suggest CLF was planning on leaving weeks ago. Perhaps there was less energy in practice and players knew something was up, as this recruit indicates in the story. Worth reading.

B.C

https://share.newsbreak.com/2eqp0llc
                                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X