Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo hiss CLF

Comment

• I'm sorry, I am bitter about this. There is no loyalty anymore. Don't let the door hit you in rump on the way out!

Comment

• Why these programs can’t have simple decency here, as could Fickell. Simply say lets be fair to the players, other coaches & people within the program & just wait a few
        weeks. That’s a shitty look for Fickell and Wisc, but Fickell more so.

Comment

• As always, there’s more to the story than has been published. We may never know the whole story. No point in being angry at Fickell or Wisconsin. Support the program and the new coach once he is named.

I am intrigued by Hartline. Does he have enough experience? Did he also coach in the NFL? I don’t recall but seem to remember he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
            As always, there’s more to the story than has been published. We may never know the whole story. No point in being angry at Fickell or Wisconsin. Support the program and the new coach once he is named.

I am intrigued by Hartline. Does he have enough experience? Did he also coach in the NFL? I don’t recall but seem to remember he did.
            I believe he sat out of fb for a year and then became a grad assistant for the Bucks. When Z. Smith was fired, he took over for Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I believe he sat out of fb for a year and then became a grad assistant for the Bucks. When Z. Smith was fired, he took over for Smith.
              I thought he was an assistant with the Dolphins maybe? Or maybe he played for the Dolphins?

Comment

I thought he was an assistant with the Dolphins maybe? Or maybe he played for the Dolphins?
                He played for them and the browns.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

He played for them and the browns.
                  Got it. Has a reputation as a great recruiter. He has coached exclusively at tO$U, starting as a grad assistant. He became receivers coach in 2018 and was named passing game coordinator in 2022.

Comment

Got it. Has a reputation as a great recruiter. He has coached exclusively at tO$U, starting as a grad assistant. He became receivers coach in 2018 and was named passing game coordinator in 2022.
                    I just wonder if he has the experience. I didn't worry about him as WR coach at tOSU as he was a NFL player, but a HC is different. He is very bright so perhaps he would do well.

Comment

• Fickell Wiscy contract is 7.5M moving to 7.9M per year for 7 years.

Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Fickell Wiscy contract is 7.5M moving to 7.9M per year for 7 years.
                        Lobot it appears that LF knew this for a while. With that in mind what about his horrid use of time to end the first half. Good for LF getting his 7.5, but the players wanted to win a championship. LF is just like BK. I realize it is the state of the game, but the players he recruited deserved more from LF.

Comment

• This whole thing tells me that whether or not UC made it into the B12, He was going leave just as soon as an "opportunity" presented itself anyway. I was hoping that Fickell was wanting to make UC a destination program but he had his eyes on Notre Dame or hoping the OSU job would come open. This also tells me He never really believed that a CFA championship could be accomplished at UC. I hope Fick nothing but the best. But I hope that a coach can be found that will build on what has been done. One that can see that given enough hard consistent recruiting a championship can be won here and even become a destination school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                            This whole thing tells me that whether or not UC made it into the B12, He was going leave just as soon as an "opportunity" presented itself anyway. I was hoping that Fickell was wanting to make UC a destination program but he had his eyes on Notre Dame or hoping the OSU job would come open. This also tells me He never really believed that a CFA championship could be accomplished at UC. I hope Fick nothing but the best. But I hope that a coach can be found that will build on what has been done. One that can see that given enough hard consistent recruiting a championship can be won here and even become a destination school.
                            at least I hope LF has the dignity not to write team on his clothes.

Comment

• I hate to see CLF go. He truly built something here compared to Dantonio and Kelly. I hope we get them on the schedule at some point RE next coach, I hope Cunningham has his act together. We don’t need a passing game coordinator for our next coach. A true OC or DC ready to bloom or a winning head coach with experience. Not a 500 record in Big 12. We need a winner. Keep in mind that CLF paid his dues at OSU. We need someone with same passion and drive

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                                Here’s a story that suggest CLF was planning on leaving weeks ago. Perhaps there was less energy in practice and players knew something was up, as this recruit indicates in the story. Worth reading.

B.C

https://share.newsbreak.com/2eqp0llc
                                This doesn't surprise me. I just kept feeling something was off this year, too. I can't explain it, but something about this season felt weird.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X