Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I read the article in the Athletic, I thought it was click bait, article filling and perhaps the writer had previous bad dealings with Mr. Brannen. I always thought MR. Brannen's ways rubbed many wrong. I further believe it went beyond players, writers, former players , strength staff and administration. I guess that it may have rubbed some deep pocketed mover and shaker wrongly.

Comment

• If what I read in here about the interview on cincy 360, I am dismayed by Tony Pike's tease of a Brannen supporter coming to defend Mr. Brannen. I should have listened for myself, but I thought fishing would be more productive.

Tony did go to UC and he reports on their football games on the radio. Such a small world. One thing about Tony. He speaks positive about Brian Kelly and I think he is a very good radio host.
      Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-13-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• I don't think we have discussed the problems that contract buyouts cause. Why do they exist? Maybe a no fault divorce, for couples and coaches, would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
          I don't think we have discussed the problems that contract buyouts cause. Why do they exist? Maybe a no fault divorce, for couples and coaches, would be better.
          It would, but it is for mutual protection. Even in divorce cases rewards are made. It isn't that simple. That is why there are often agreements prior to employment/marriage in cases where substantial money is involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
            I don't think we have discussed the problems that contract buyouts cause. Why do they exist? Maybe a no fault divorce, for couples and coaches, would be better.
            If I sign a contract for 5 years, 10 million dollars a year. You shouldn’t be able to fire me whenever you want and not pay me a dime. At that point it’d make the contracts worthless because either side could back out whenever they wanted with no consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

If I sign a contract for 5 years, 10 million dollars a year. You shouldn’t be able to fire me whenever you want and not pay me a dime. At that point it’d make the contracts worthless because either side could back out whenever they wanted with no consequences.
              Correct. But I can tie you up in court for eons while you run out of money for attorney's fees.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Correct. But I can tie you up in court for eons while you run out of money for attorney's fees.
                Yeah but majority of the time you reach a settlement and Idk about that. Kevin Ollie has been fighting his case for years and doesn’t show signs of stopping anytime soon.

Comment

• I hear everyone, but there is something in me that still says that an employee should be willing to give up job security for a lot of money. Say 1 mil the first year, 2 the second, etc, with performance reviews every year. If someone is just no good, the employer should be able to dump him. As for a a great coach leaving for a better offer, well either match the offer or let him walk.

Comment

• UC did nothing under Brannons short tenure. I keep hearing that Brannon made March his first year. Yeah with Micks players. What has he accomplished since then? You can take the he said and he said and toss it out the window. There were no results and players did not succeed (which is a huge disservice to them). I am glad JB is gone and glad CWM is here. If nothing else changes he talks the talk.

I will state to GoCats1994 that I (me, myself and I) do NOT believe JB was ready for a program like UC and it showed.

Comment

• There is an article on Cincinnati.com concerning UC reporting Brannen to the NCAA. Can’t read it as I do not subscribe.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                        There is an article on Cincinnati.com concerning UC reporting Brannen to the NCAA. Can’t read it as I do not subscribe.
                        It was just the attorney Marrs comments added to a prior story about the 135 dollar violation. he didn't say much except Cunningham didn't appear interested at first. It was like JC was really desperate for a cause and went with what ever he could find. It did say Mr. Brannen supposedly lied about running it through the compliance office and that the conference will take action later. I read it quickly so there may be something mre, but I don't think so. I was more interested in Johnny Bench and his challenge to hold 7 baseballs and about the new transfer.

Comment

• Not taking sides, just pointing out how easy it is to interpret the same event different ways. JB is no good, he violates rules, lies, etc. Or maybe JB is a saint, he uses his own money to help a student when he couldn't get that help through channels.

Comment

• I just posted a separate thread concerning the NCAA violation to the basketball forum.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 05-22-2021, 08:05 AM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• From Justin Williams:

Former #Bearcats men’s basketball coach John Brannen has officially filed a federal lawsuit against the University of Cincinnati, AD John Cunningham and President Neville Pinto, @TheAthletic has learned. This was expected. The complaint is not yet available for public review.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                From Justin Williams:

Former #Bearcats men’s basketball coach John Brannen has officially filed a federal lawsuit against the University of Cincinnati, AD John Cunningham and President Neville Pinto, @TheAthletic has learned. This was expected. The complaint is not yet available for public review.
                                Per Kevin Koeninger (https://twitter.com/kkoeninger44/) of Courthouse News:
                                - 66 page complaint
                                - Claims UC conducted a "sham investigation" as a "smokescreen" to avoid paying the $5M buyout
                                - Filed by attorney Mechelle Zhou
                                - Says the AD and president used the investigation to "develop pre-textual reasons" to fire the coach and avoid paying the buyout
                                - Brannen says he was not given an opportunity to rebut the allegations or review the investigation

(On par with what we would have expected, wonder if there is any other juicy Tom Mars details...)
                                Here is the attorney - based out of Toledo https://www.shumaker.com/professiona...mechelle-zarou

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X