This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

O'Brien's loan was for more than $135 dollars. Mr. Brannen might have enough to retire especially if he gets a large settlement. Of course, Mars will get his cut. Perhaps JB will be blackballed. At least O'Brien exceeded expectations at OSU. Brannen did not.
    Retire on $1-2m after the lawyers get their cut? Not with his lifestyle. The O’Brien situation is very similar and is actually good for JB since his ncaa infractions are much less than O’Brien. My point is who wants to hire a toxic coach that bashes former players in public. He recruited Mason and then blast him in public lawsuit. Incredible.

I supported JB until that video came out of him walking out on the team during Houston game and that told me everything I needed to know about his character.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "life is good today"

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post

He did go visit the Eason family either 2/3 days after his press conference. He flew out to either LA or Seattle. Wherever Tari was at the time.
      Yep. Tari’s mom confirmed the visit but said Tari was already too far down the path of his decision to go to LSU to be swayed. She is still supporting our university despite the drama.
      "life is good today"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/longduckdon/stat...289775618?s=21

in case you need the link to the video of a coach abandoning his team after losing a championship.

FYI this is not my Twitter handle I just saw it posted after the game.
        "life is good today"

Comment

• Originally posted by ucmba2002 View Post

Retire on $1-2m after the lawyers get their cut? Not with his lifestyle. The O’Brien situation is very similar and is actually good for JB since his ncaa infractions are much less than O’Brien. My point is who wants to hire a toxic coach that bashes former players in public. He recruited Mason and then blast him in public lawsuit. Incredible.

I supported JB until that video came out of him walking out on the team during Houston game and that told me everything I needed to know about his character.
          I understand what you are saying and I allowed for the 33% or more for Mars. JB still has some money to invest or open up some business. It does depend on his current living style. Concerning O'Brien, read his facts again. He actually was more involved and the dismissal was good. The NCAA got involved. Concerning Mr. Brannen, what took you so long to see his character. I will say one thing in his defense. Perhaps he knew it was his last game and if the reports are true about Madsen, the strength coach and how JC handled it, I might could give him mercy. While I didn't like his style , I am waiting to more, if any, facts come out to make any further judgement.

I know Houston was very good. Does anybody think that Mr. Brannen thought some of his players quit on him in that game. They did get embarrassed the first time the teams played though. hHe knows what was going through Mr. Brannen's head then. It couldn't have been good with the game on national TV and the negative press already reporting.

I will say that I am very glad to see Wes Miller here.
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 05-24-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

He did go visit the Eason family either 2/3 days after his press conference. He flew out to either LA or Seattle. Wherever Tari was at the time.
            Thanks as I wasn't sure. I am with Rufus though on this. Was he asked or did Coach volunteer to visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post

Just my opinion, but I think Madsen and Saunders are back, first of all, because CWM thinks they can contribute and wants them on the team and secondly, that they want to play for UC and CWM. I think that they also had good relationships with other teammates.
              or perhaps their pickings were slim after the mess. I did see that MS and Davenport had a good relationship on the court. It remains to be seen with the other guy.

Comment

I understand what you are saying and I allowed for the 33% or more for Mars. JB still has some money to invest or open up some business. It does depend on his current living style. Concerning O'Brien, read his facts again. He actually was more involved and the dismissal was good. The NCAA got involved. Concerning Mr. Brannen, what took you so long to see his character. I will say one thing in his defense. Perhaps he knew it was his last game and if the reports are true about Madsen, the strength coach and how JC handled it, I might could give him mercy. While I didn't like his style , I am waiting to more, if any, facts come out to make any further judgement.

I know Houston was very good. Does anybody think that Mr. Brannen thought some of his players quit on him in that game. They did get embarrassed the first time the teams played though. hHe knows what was going through Mr. Brannen's head then. It couldn't have been good with the game on national TV and the negative press already reporting.

I will say that I am very glad to see Wes Miller here.
                We can definitely agree on that Leo. Glad to see Wes here!! 🤝

I was patient to not criticize JB this year given his situation with his dad, etc. but there was no excuse for what happened at end of Houston game, even if the players gave less effort in 2H. There is nothing worse than a leader that doesn’t take accountability. If that was his attitude all season no wonder his player gave up on him.
                "life is good today"

Comment

• Originally posted by ucmba2002 View Post

We can definitely agree on that Leo. Glad to see Wes here!! 🤝

I was patient to not criticize JB this year given his situation with his dad, etc. but there was no excuse for what happened at end of Houston game, even if the players gave less effort in 2H. There is nothing worse than a leader that doesn’t take accountability. If that was his attitude all season no wonder his player gave up on him.
                  that we also agree. Mr. Brannen lost my support last season. I hated the disrespect to the heritage. Coach Miller at least speaks of it. Why not as it is a great heritage.

Comment

• Watching Mr. Brannen walk off the court at the end of Houston game has got to be one of the most heartbreaking moments I've seen in college basketball. I wouldn't play for this guy either. I'm in the transfer portal the next day. At that point, he didn't care about anyone but himself.

Comment

• While there is never a good reason to leave your team on the
                      floor while making an exit as a coach, mentor, and leader of young adults, he is however still human and as much as we have read and learned since that day, we still will never know the true magnitude of what JB truly went through. I can imagine that trying to get these kids to practice and into shape sounds like it was equal to pulling teeth. Fighting and mistrust among the coaching staff. Players refusing to practice and lying down on him. And knowing that there were multiple people within the program who were intent on undermining his every move. It sounds as if he already had had discussions concerning most about their going into the portal so he probably already knew he only had four people on the team at that point in time and just was glad the whole ordeal was completely played out knowing it was all about to come to a head. Again not condoning his behavior, just trying to place myself in his shoes and attempting to understand the the entire situation.

Comment

Thanks as I wasn't sure. I am with Rufus though on this. Was he asked or did Coach volunteer to visit.
                        He visited all the players families. Madsen, Saunders, Eason. He visited them on his own to recruit the players back to UC.

Comment

He visited all the players families. Madsen, Saunders, Eason. He visited them on his own to recruit the players back to UC.
                          Yes he visited them, but was he asked too? We will probably never know. One would think the the AD would be for it since, according to the legal documents, a couple of the kids helped the AD out. Was there a visit to ZH or was he too far gone?

Comment

Yes he visited them, but was he asked too? We will probably never know. One would think the the AD would be for it since, according to the legal documents, a couple of the kids helped the AD out. Was there a visit to ZH or was he too far gone?
                            He was trying to get all of those kids back on the team. It helps a whole lot if you can meet with them and their families face to face. Also shows you care about them and want them back bad. So going to go out on a limb and say he wasn’t asked to do it.

Comment

He was trying to get all of those kids back on the team. It helps a whole lot if you can meet with them and their families face to face. Also shows you care about them and want them back bad. So going to go out on a limb and say he wasn’t asked to do it.
                              you just assumed, but thanks anyway.

Comment

• Here's the Athletic's interview with Chris Vogt, who lends support for John Brannen ($):

https://theathletic.com/2612691/2021...i-saga-linger/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X