This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Maybe not the person this thread's about. I can tell you that there was no warning this was coming down at the game on Saturday. Like from from anyone I talked to. I don't think they got blindsided. We were looking for an explanation of Brannen walking off the floor on Sunday. In retrospect he probably knew these guys weren't coming back.

lets suppose that lobot is correct and JB knew prior to the houston game who was staying and who was bolting. He was probably giving his end of season sean song in his post game presser when he said ." I told the team that Im selfish but would love to coach these guys some more". I dont agree with his walking off but perhaps he had already informed the stayers ( whom he was aware) of what was going down regardless of the outcome of the game. The more I look at it it looks like these kids are in solidarity in the defense of another and Jb is not going to beg and plead players to play here.

Comment

• Poor customer/fans service all the way around. If you are a player... and.. most of them did this.. gonna to a shout out to all the fans and their support etc etc... but then don't feel like they deserve some sort of little explanation ???!!! I mean.. I get it.... it's not in their best interest to say anything like that until the are with another school but... save your "you guys are great" as well. We've already been slighted by Brannen/UC in their determination that they dont NEED to say anything to the fan base at all. It's all unnecessary poor customer service on all of them.

Comment

• Or perhaps the situation with the players is still salvageable and everyone involved is working close to vest to rectify the situation. Thus JD' s "gone be alright".

Comment

• I'm in the camp of not being happy, but I also don't have any facts...just speculation. While losing the guys we did is a gut punch, until I know something concrete I won't judge. Any maybe we never know. As it stands, I am sick at losing those guys, but intrigued at what we could get. Guess we will see. Until then, I'll stay confused.
          Cory Huffman
          Cin City

Comment

• I don't expect a player to give me the low down. Its not their responsibility to me to do that. Its the responsibility of the AD to "market" the program to me. Do we really want a Dunlap situation?

Also players are most certainly younger than the AD staff. You will get emotional outbursts. Then they get deleted. I don't expect an emotional outburst (for the most part) from AD staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
              I'm in the camp of not being happy, but I also don't have any facts...just speculation. ...... Until then, I'll stay confused.
              That's how I feel too. I don't know enough to judge or condemn. Long term I think the program will be just fine.

Comment

• ($) FRONT PAGE of The Athletic, just posted ($) - by Justin Williams
                https://theathletic.com/2461697/2021...tball-players/

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  ($) FRONT PAGE of The Athletic, just posted ($) - by Justin Williams
                  Yeah, not a great look for JB
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post
                    I don't expect a player to give me the low down. Its not their responsibility to me to do that. Its the responsibility of the AD to "market" the program to me. Do we really want a Dunlap situation?

Also players are most certainly younger than the AD staff. You will get emotional outbursts. Then they get deleted. I don't expect an emotional outburst (for the most part) from AD staff.
                    What is a Dunlap situation? I am not familiar with this reference
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Understatement.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

What is a Dunlap situation? I am not familiar with this reference
                        Bengal DE going off and being a general jerk on social media.

Comment

You can read some of the story here for free https://theathletic.com/news/cincinn...s/Mje97NpTnden

Comment

• So, did Mike Rehfeldt leave for the same reasons? That never made sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Alverson View Post

You can read some of the story here for free https://theathletic.com/news/cincinn...s/Mje97NpTnden
                              Note. The Athletic has a promotional offer up right now. A dollar a month for the next six months. No reason not to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                ($) FRONT PAGE of The Athletic, just posted ($) - by Justin Williams
                                Good to get some insight. Very good article - provides thoughts from a player that left & a player that is staying. No names mentioned. Sounds like a tough year overall. Interesting reading the comments: people certainly gravitate towards one side or the other.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X