X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Maybe he spoke with his friend Mack.

Comment

• Justin Williams:

UPDATE: Former #Bearcats MBB coach John Brannen has now filed "a nearly identical lawsuit" in the Ohio Court of Claims. Ohio law requires first a dismissal of the federal lawsuit. Defendants in "new" suit are University of Cincinnati and State of Ohio. No Pinto or Cunningham.

Brannen attorney Tom Mars provided this statement to @TheAthletic regarding Brannen's newly filed lawsuit in the Ohio Court of Claims: "Coach Brannen looks forward to proving his case in the Court of Claims, clearing his good name, and continuing his successful coaching career."
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 10-04-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• In other words, they weren’t going to win there, so they’re taking a shot at state court hoping for a settlement.

Comment

• Complaint can be found at https://ohcourtportal.tylerhost.net/Portal and then run a search for "Brannen, John"

The original complaint alleged UC, et al. violated his due process. This is a straight up breach of contract claim in the new complaint.

Also his home (address listed on the complaint) is huge/beautiful and appears to be for sale...
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 10-05-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• that's a sweet crib, and definitely his... they left family photos up everywhere. I especially like the awesome 5/3 mural in the basement

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Justin Williams:

UPDATE: Former #Bearcats MBB coach John Brannen has now filed "a nearly identical lawsuit" in the Ohio Court of Claims. Ohio law requires first a dismissal of the federal lawsuit. Defendants in "new" suit are University of Cincinnati and State of Ohio. No Pinto or Cunningham.

Brannen attorney Tom Mars provided this statement to @TheAthletic regarding Brannen's newly filed lawsuit in the Ohio Court of Claims: "Coach Brannen looks forward to proving his case in the Court of Claims, clearing his good name, and continuing his successful coaching career."
              Must be a slow week at the Sporting News
              https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...k18hgnj8qn4w8r

Comment

• John Brannen was sitting behind the Dayton bench at their game this week. He's pretty good friends with the coach at Dayton. I wonder if it helps or hurts his legal case if he gets a job??

Comment

• Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                  John Brannen was sitting behind the Dayton bench at their game this week. He's pretty good friends with the coach at Dayton. I wonder if it helps or hurts his legal case if he gets a job??
                  Him getting another job should not affect the actual merits of his claims, but it could affect him in terms of how much $ he claims he is owed. But he's not going to be hired by UD this year.

Comment

• UC has asked for an extension of time to answer the complaint in the court of claims. If granted, it will have until November 17 to answer. The motion is unopposed by Brannen’s counsel.

Comment

• If you missed it, The Kevin Ollie arbritration case with UConn ended this week with Ollie winning $11.1M he said he was owed under contract after UConn fired him. The reason why he won is interesting. UConn didn't follow proper procedure during the HR process when they fired him. You may remember that Ollie was fired for cause due to various NCAA recruiting and practice violations.

While this may impact John Brannen's case against UC (or at least Tom Mars thinks so), the circumstances are somewhat different. I doubt we made the same exact HR mistake UConn did for starters. The violations are different. Also, Ollie's practice regimen didn't almost cause the death of a player. While Ollie's case could effect UC's willingness to settle, I expect Brannen's case to go to trial or abritration depending on what was in the employment contract.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• https://daytonflyers.com/news/2022/9...all-staff.aspx

Hired by Dayton -- "Brannen, who has 21 years of college coaching experience, will fill the new role of Program Analyst and Senior Special Assistant. In this position, he will oversee the Flyer program's efforts in analytics, scouting, self-scouting and video analysis."

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          https://daytonflyers.com/news/2022/9...all-staff.aspx

Hired by Dayton -- "Brannen, who has 21 years of college coaching experience, will fill the new role of Program Analyst and Senior Special Assistant. In this position, he will oversee the Flyer program's efforts in analytics, scouting, self-scouting and video analysis."
                          Good for him. He has a ton of knowledge to pass along.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Brannen was previously on Grant’s staff at Alabama so this makes a ton of sense for both parties.

I have to admit it sounds like Grant created a role for Brannen to rescue him.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Brannen was previously on Grant’s staff at Alabama so this makes a ton of sense for both parties.

I have to admit it sounds like Grant created a role for Brannen to rescue him.
                              Sadly, of course you do, because you can never say anything remotely positive about Brannen or Tuberville.

Even I have made my peace with ex-FB HC Lyle Jones.

Be happy - let it go. Life will be much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Sadly, of course you do, because you can never say anything remotely positive about Brannen or Tuberville.

Even I have made my peace with ex-FB HC Lyle Jones.

Be happy - let it go. Life will be much better.
                                Will enjoy watching Lyle Jones this Saturday.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X