No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Davenport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the day, the most interesting thing to watch IMO will be how he holds up defensively during the SEC schedule. Lot of really great athletes in that league right now, and honestly he struggled to defend in his 4 years here. On any given night he can obviously go off shooting the ball, but you still have to be able to guard. He's a tweener defensively with his quickness/agility. He's not a good matchup for a 4 size wise, and has a hard time keeping up with a lot of 3's. I hope he does well. Good guy.

Comment

Giving the benefit of the doubt perhaps JD spoke without choosing his words carefully. Anyway, I do hope that CWM can coach improvement with the players staying and get some ready for the NBA. I think that would be great.

Comment

Point of view from the Hogs about getting Jeremiah.
        Hogs Land Another Scorer Not on Anyone's Radar (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

“They really care for their players and are really big on improvement and how they can get you to the next level. -- JD

so much for CWM after 2 years of coaching and not much change. This will be telling
          I agree. Very curious to see what they get out of him in Arkansas.

Comment

Going against SEC talent night after night, JD's shortcomings will definitely be exposed sooner than later more so than against an AAC or even lesser schedule. I think we'll end up seeing JD being used just as he was here but with even less PT.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              Going against SEC talent night after night, JD's shortcomings will definitely be exposed sooner than later more so than against an AAC or even lesser schedule. I think we'll end up seeing JD being used just as he was here but with even less PT.
              You’re probably right, but I hope not. Maybe he’ll work his butt off to get better over the summer, but he did that every summer already. I wish him nothing but the best, and I’d love to see him have a huge year.

Comment

Davenport is following in the path of Tari Eason. Do a year in the SEC and then go pro. Is that likely to happen for Davenport, who knows? Here is wishing Davenport all of the best. He will always be remembered for hitting big shots from the three-point line. Go get them Davenport. Good luck to you.

Comment

Earlier post said Mussellman wants shooters, well he got one. I appreciate JD being a loyal Bearcat, but he was way short on skills. True he could hoist up 3’s, but he didn’t play defense, wouldn’t rebound. If you watched the games closely, he was trailing his man all the time. I thought he was at best a MAC player, but let’s see how he competes in the SEC. Good luck player!

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                    Earlier post said Mussellman wants shooters, well he got one. I appreciate JD being a loyal Bearcat, but he was way short on skills. True he could hoist up 3’s, but he didn’t play defense, wouldn’t rebound. If you watched the games closely, he was trailing his man all the time. I thought he was at best a MAC player, but let’s see how he competes in the SEC. Good luck player!
                    so you are saying "score 10 give up 20"?

Comment

we've "discussed" JD both pre and post portal transfer ad nauseum in these posts. And I said in an earlier post that despite all of his limitations one could never question his loyalty nor his energy on the court. He gave it his all every time he came into a game. And I respect that everyone has the right to voice their opinion on JD. However since he did stick with the program when it could have been easier to bolt leaving UC high and dry, I would hope that since he is a hometown kid that we not turn this post, his farewell post, into one that many can come back and say "I told ya so". JD had his good and his bad just like any other "kid" so let's just let him have his time in Ark. and hope he does succeed being a 4 year bearcat.

P.S. He could have refused to A) come off the bench earlier this year as sixth man and B) refused to enter the portal and claim his COVID bonus year here at his dream school. I myself appreciate that he is allowing CWM to try to better the team.

Comment

Originally posted by CatCane View Post
                        Point of view from the Hogs about getting Jeremiah.
                        Hogs Land Another Scorer Not on Anyone's Radar (msn.com)
                        No mention of defensive capabilities or ball-handling skills. Davenport will be in his element at Arkansas. Based on the write-up, Davenport will likely be a designated shooter. His main job will be to hit shots. Now that I think about it, this may be a win-win situation for both Davenport and Arkansas. Also, let's NOT forget, Coach Musselman has coached at the NBA level. It is NOT by accident that Musselman moved quickly on Davenport. Let's see if Musselman can get something extra out of Davenport.
                        Last edited by leeraymond; 04-17-2023, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X