No announcement yet.

Isaiah Collier 2023 GA PG 6'3 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that USC was preseason pick for 3rd in the Pac 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      I believe that USC was preseason pick for 3rd in the Pac 12.
      But basketball doesn’t really matter there. USC is all about football.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        I know recruits don't overanalyze this stuff, but just saying .... USC lost at home to Florida Gulf Coast yesterday and the crowd wasn't particularly large.
        To be fair, this game tipped at 6:30 in LA. No one in LA is coming to that game at that time unless they live on campus or in the surrounding neighborhoods. Everyone else is still stuck in traffic after work.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

But basketball doesn’t really matter there. USC is all about football.
          I read an article on Pac 12 basketball a couple of days ago. The member schools and commissioners are really high on the league this year and think that they will get 6 teams into the dance. I believe that is called california dreaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

To be fair, this game tipped at 6:30 in LA. No one in LA is coming to that game at that time unless they live on campus or in the surrounding neighborhoods. Everyone else is still stuck in traffic after work.
            .Does anyone support anything in la. The "super bowl champs" home games all sound like road games

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.kenneth noisewater View Post
              .Does anyone support anything in la. The "super bowl champs" home games all sound like road games
              No they don't to be honest because no one wants to actually get in traffic when they don't have to. I used live right down the road from Qualcomm Stadium (RIP) in San Diego and spent a lot of time commuting to LA on the weekends. Even on the weekends LA has standstill traffic. In the time I was in Cali, Padres drew ok. Chargers drew pretty well but the city was inundated with LA Raiders fans once a year or more. No one goes to SDSU games both then and now, although the issues are different now with high ticket prices at Snapdragon.

No one goes to UCLA football games. USC football plays in such a large stadium that it looks empty when it isn't and they haven't been great since Pete Carroll. USC basketball has never been on the radar, although I think Enfield is a decent coach. UCLA basketball is turnout is questionable. There are decent neighborhoods around Westwood but if you want to drive in from the Valley or Irvine area down PCH or the 405 ? Pffft. you might make the second half and then have to get right back into traffic. I think the Angels and Dodgers do ok attendance wise because they're a bit easier to get to.

The one thing that always filled the stadium in SD and LA was El Tri, the Mexican national soccer team. Other than that San Diego was never a good sports town. Everything except the Padres left. LA is a better sports town than SD but you have to really plan ahead on traffic and hope there's not an accident on the freeway.
              Last edited by Lobot; 11-08-2022, 07:30 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not sure if this has already been posted...

https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...-in-cincinnati

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...-in-cincinnati

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/basket...6/#197087656_1

All signs point to Collier committing to USC, but the crystal ball is still a bit cloudy. There has been enough noise surrounding him from Cincinnati and Michigan to leave a sliver of doubt for the Trojans.

Another interesting note to add is that Collier will be in Cincinnati for a pre-season scrimmage prior to making his decision. Still, the Trojans remain the heavy favorite to land Collier as the clock ticks down to November 16th.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      https://247sports.com/college/basket...6/#197087656_1

All signs point to Collier committing to USC, but the crystal ball is still a bit cloudy. There has been enough noise surrounding him from Cincinnati and Michigan to leave a sliver of doubt for the Trojans.

Another interesting note to add is that Collier will be in Cincinnati for a pre-season scrimmage prior to making his decision. Still, the Trojans remain the heavy favorite to land Collier as the clock ticks down to November 16th.

I'll be thrilled when this one is over....

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

All I will say is this ain't over yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

The announcement could be thrilling and have us thrilled throughout his enrollment in classes, first game, and Lottery pick after his freshman year.

On a personal/side note, I read the story of him being at the river when his cousin drowned. I hope he goes to a place where he feels comfortable, continues to heal from that tragic loss, and grow as both a person and a player. Let's remember the young men and women who choose to play for our alama mater are much more than just a player in uniform/jersey. I doubt anyone doesn't already know this, but please be extra cognizant as losing his cousin is still a fresh wound.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

All I will say is this ain't over yet.

No it's not... I fear Isaiah will pick USC... But? If he's looking to lead a TEAM with talent and make an immediate IMPACT then he's come to the right place... Plenty of room for Isaiah and James on the same TEAM... Even if it's only for (1)yr, ALL of us would welcome him onboard....

Comment

• On radio, Terry Nelson apparently compared Collier to Oscar as far as style of play is concerned.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Isaiah Collier Rides Wave of Emotions to Reach College Destination
                                https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/1...icial-decision

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X