No announcement yet.

Isaiah Collier 2023 GA PG 6'3 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The atmosphere needs to electric at the Nipp this weekend. Getting two out of three of these recruits plus RG would be tremendous statement going into the Big 12 next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Just on a gut feeling, I think 2 out of 3 is likely and I have a hunch we may not get Collier. As much as I want all 3 of them I think Collier is likely to head out to LA. I’m not basing this on anything to be honest. I think we see some commitments this weekend.

Don’t forget about Somto Cyril. We’re also in the final mix for Flory Bidunga in the next class. Getting this assortment of players on campus is encouraging even if none of them sign with us. Always the bridesmaid is better than not shooting your shot.

Speaking of signings, Rayvon should be pretty happy with any of these guys as teammates. Hopefully some combo of them sign in November.

To be honest, I would really like to see James in Red & Black!

Comment

• I want both. Bringing in Collier is something other elite players will notice. Let’s just get Collier, James, and Page for this year and Bidunga in 2024.

Comment

• https://www.on3.com/news/isaiah-coll...igan-ucla-usc/

Collier may announce in November.

Mentioned UC first before USC and Michigan

Comment

• I think it was in alphabetical order but either way, great news.

Comment

• FWIW, on3's Jamie Shaw logged a 75% confidence USC prediction yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                FWIW, on3's Jamie Shaw logged a 75% confidence USC prediction yesterday
                From what I understand shaw was with the usc coach when he changed from uc being barely in lead at 35percent, to usc at 85%. From what I understand no one knows and miller and Morgan were in atlanta the same day to see collier. Think it's a 50 50 shot between uc and usc with michigan coming in at a close 3rd.

Comment

• https://www.on3.com/news/isaiah-coll...rn-california/

This article makes it sound like USC is most likely with Michigan having a decent shot and UC down with UCLA as nearly no shot.

What I had gathered was could go other way between USC and UC with Michigan still a dark horse. This seems to go against it. I have a hard time believing UC has same chance as UCLA. Also with how quiet collier camp has been and the belief he isn’t about to announce, I’m not sure how much stock to put in this. That being said I’d be thrilled if Jizzle James picked UC regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    https://www.on3.com/news/isaiah-coll...rn-california/

This article makes it sound like USC is most likely with Michigan having a decent shot and UC down with UCLA as nearly no shot.

What I had gathered was could go other way between USC and UC with Michigan still a dark horse. This seems to go against it. I have a hard time believing UC has same chance as UCLA. Also with how quiet collier camp has been and the belief he isn’t about to announce, I’m not sure how much stock to put in this. That being said I’d be thrilled if Jizzle James picked UC regardless.
                    I believe we need to lock down Jizzle James. We can't miss out like we did the last time. I'd love to get Collier, but way too much uncertainty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I believe we need to lock down Jizzle James. We can't miss out like we did the last time. I'd love to get Collier, but way too much uncertainty.
                      I agree. I'm thinking ICs indecision speaks loudly of his uncommital to UC. Let's put all our recruiting eggs into James basket

Comment

• I still wonder what’s going on behind the scenes, stuff we don’t know about. It’s probably NIL related, not unexpected for a player of this level. Still, I’ll take James as soon as he’s willing to commit. I’d love to have both of them.

Comment

• James is not being recruited as a back up plan. We want both of them. Everyone's expectation is that if we get Collier, he's gone after a year. James has stated himself that what Collier does will not influence his decision.

As far as the On3 article goes. Jamie Shaw wrote it and he had USC at 85% confidence 2 days ago in his forecast. He's now down to to 60% in the article. Jamie is a national name in recruiting but he's an east coast guy for what it's worth.

Collier's an NBA level PG without the option to jump directly to the league. He does seem focused on a college experience but he has other options that aren't getting written about by the basketball media folks and I'm kind of wondering why we haven't heard G League Ignite pop up or overseas pros pop up with him.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I read somewhere that Isaiah is projected as the number two NBA draft pick as it stands right now. So with that in the mix I would doubt the NIL would even come into play. He's had at least six options available to him for quite awhile, and because he has not committed yet, and has no immediate plans to do so, to me he is "quietly rejecting". Having certain suitors eliminate themselves by losing interest and/ or pursuing others. I'm glad CWM is pursuing both of these ball players and hope that we get both. I'm just curious as to why the delay if it's already definitive that he's only going to be at college one year.

Comment

• Rivals has flipped Collier to USC and the flipped him back to UC in the last 72 hours or so. Even the guys who get paid to know, don’t know on this one.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Rivals has flipped Collier to USC and the flipped him back to UC in the last 72 hours or so. Even the guys who get paid to know, don’t know on this one.
                                Rivals national guy flipping from usc to UC carries a lot more weight for me than the two rivals picks before for UC.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X