2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaden Bradley the starting PG at Alabama is in the portal
    Last edited by Lobot; 04-04-2023, 04:20 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Gonzaga’s Efton Reid is in the portal . Top 30 Center from the class of 2021
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Max Abmas the lead guard from Oral Roberts landed in the portal yesterday. Good scoring option
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• So, are we only trying to replace Landers Nolley? Are we waiting until after Portsmouth to see if Landers is coming back? It seems no UC players with eligibility left hitting the portal, unlike two years ago when everybody did. What do we do if Flory Bidunga reclassifies?

Comment

• So far. That would probably be wise on our part with Nolley and Portsmouth.

I really don’t think at this point that anyone else will leave. The grass is not greener for most of the guys people want gone. They would be smart to stay put and graduate to be honest.

The portal window doesn’t close until May 11 so if something changes between then and now, so be it.

I don’t think Wes is going to push out any of the current players.

I think you kindly remind Hensley he won’t see the floor and can leave if Flory is available. Hensley has playing time left at another school and the most likely to leave in my opinion.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              So, are we only trying to replace Landers Nolley? Are we waiting until after Portsmouth to see if Landers is coming back? It seems no UC players with eligibility left hitting the portal, unlike two years ago when everybody did. What do we do if Flory Bidunga reclassifies?
              I doubt we push anyone out, as in hey you, kid, your scholly isn't being renewed. I do think they wait to see if Newman gets medical redshirt. I doubt Nolley comes back, but then again he's a mature 23, not 19 yo in a rush. If Flory reclassifies or a talented transfer picks us from the portal, then guys may see themselves recruited over. The portal may become more of an option for someone.

Early on, I thought JD and MAW would choose to hit the portal. Both have been recruited over, twice for MAW. However, as others pointed out, playing a season in Big 12 may be the best year of their lives. How do you tell them get out, after they stuck around when Brannen transitioned to Wes?
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• They may be waiting to see who gets added and how that effects their minutes. Though Davenport (loves Cincinnati) and Hensley (would have to sit a year if he transfers) may be content to stay and take their best shot at getting minutes. We also don't know the behind the scenes, if for example Hensley had a lingering injury that effected his play last year, Wes may still believe in him. Hensley was a 4-star recruit.

Assuming Nolley doesn't return, there will be a lot of open minutes backing up Newman at the 3 and backing up Ody at the 4. The competition for those minutes with the current roster would be between Hensley, Reed and Davenport and they may all like their chances.

If we add a player who looks likely to take those minute, it may push someone out. But the longer they wait, the harder it will be to find a spot with another team and the more likely they will be to stay.

With only one spot open it puts Wes in a pickle. If he fills the spot and nobody leaves, that's it and there's no room for Nolley or Flory. He may be doing due diligence with transfers, but not really pushing to add anyone, especially if he thinks we have a good shot at Flory. With how quiet it has been, it does seem more and more likely that everyone will stay. Personally I'm okay with that, being a culture focused developmental program will win us more games in the long run.

Comment

• I don’t want anybody pushed out, like other schools in the area who dumped 4 guys the day after their season ended. I thought somebody would have chosen to go, but it looks like nobody is. Apparently Wes is somebody guys want to play for, it certainly seemed that way with DDJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Hofstra's leading scorer, Aaron Estrada, to the portal. He went for 18/6/8 versus UC.

He played a season at Saint Peter's, one season (9 games) at Oregon, two at Hofstra -- most recently averaging 20.2/5.0/4.3 this past season. Estrada is a 6'3 guard from New Jersey.
                    UC has contacted Estrada
                    https://twitter.com/recruitszone/sta...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

• I know we're still in contact with lots of Transfers, but are we any closer to actually landing any of them.... I see commits to X and other Teams in the AAC or Big 12... But nothing from UC and we're 3 plus weeks into the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                        I know we're still in contact with lots of Transfers, but are we any closer to actually landing any of them.... I see commits to X and other Teams in the AAC or Big 12... But nothing from UC and we're 3 plus weeks into the transfer portal.
                        X is turning over more than half of its roster (maybe even like 75-80%)... as it stands, UC doesn't have any open spots unless Nolley officially doesn't return and/or someone transfers out. So kind of a weird situation.... but I would say the vast, vast majority of the kids who have hit the portal have not committed anywhere yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          I don’t want anybody pushed out, like other schools in the area who dumped 4 guys the day after their season ended. I thought somebody would have chosen to go, but it looks like nobody is. Apparently Wes is somebody guys want to play for, it certainly seemed that way with DDJ.
                          i think that's great, if its accurate (not dissing you - none of us really know what's going in that locker room). BUT, if Wes doesn't make an upgrade or two, or a couple of these guys don't find Jesus (ie, make changes in how they play), its going to be a long and ugly season next winter,

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

X is turning over more than half of its roster (maybe even like 75-80%)... as it stands, UC doesn't have any open spots unless Nolley officially doesn't return and/or someone transfers out. So kind of a weird situation.... but I would say the vast, vast majority of the kids who have hit the portal have not committed anywhere yet.

I understand, and I also agree with D.A.H. from their post.... Wes has to make SERIOUS upgrades to this Team or UC is gonna get their Butt's Kicked next season...

So??? We have ZERO Spots available on the Team? Are you suggesting/speculating MAW & Davenport are coming back next season...?

If that's the case, both have been here 4yrs and started 3 outta the 4yrs... UC has fulfilled/honored their part of the scholarship and when Wes took over they stayed on the team...

But it's time to move on.... We need PLAYERS who can compete at the Big 12 Level...

I'll leave it at that... I wish both of those young men luck going forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I understand, and I also agree with D.A.H. from their post.... Wes has to make SERIOUS upgrades to this Team or UC is gonna get their Butt's Kicked next season...

So??? We have ZERO Spots available on the Team? Are you suggesting/speculating MAW & Davenport are coming back next season...?

If that's the case, both have been here 4yrs and started 3 outta the 4yrs... UC has fulfilled/honored their part of the scholarship and when Wes took over they stayed on the team...

But it's time to move on.... We need PLAYERS who can compete at the Big 12 Level...

I'll leave it at that... I wish both of those young men luck going forward!
                              Those guys can be role players on a BigXII roster. The problem is they have started the majority of their careers. They are not starter caliber players. But this season JD settled into his role off the bench. MAW played well in some games and struggled in others. If those players are starting for your team playing in the BigXII, that’s a problem. But to say there isn’t room for them on the roster is inaccurate, IMO.

Comment

• Just something to chew on with a couple of these guys. Spring Commencement ceremonies start April 27 and run through April 29. I don't think the Super Seniors are eligible for a grad transfer until then unless they have already graduated previously.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X