No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC has also reached out to Abou Ousmane of North Texas. The 6'10 Brooklyn native averaged 11.1 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks as a junior this year for the NIT champs.

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/s...619420173?s=46

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I understand your point as well. As the roster stands now, we don’t know whether we have quality starters or not. The incoming freshman and the Juco transfer may or may not be. The only player is Skillings, in my opinion. The rest need to improve in the off-season or be replaced by players who can start for a BigXII roster.

Totally agree, we have Skillings and then it's wide-open.... And Lakhin as others have pointed out.
      Last edited by BearKatz; 04-06-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Jamille Reynolds is visiting UC tomorrow, per Dushawn London of 247

According to Jamille himself, his final five schools are Cincinnati, Kansas, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and UCF + "Decision will be made soon!!" https://twitter.com/jamillerey4/stat...90880857956363

Jamille actually was at UCF for two seasons before breaking out this past season with 10.1 and 5.4 in 20.0 minutes per game for Temple. He averaged just over a block per game as well, while connecting on over 60% of his field goal attempts.

He is listed at 6'10 and probably has two years of eligibility left.
        Bumping this from the previous page, as it seems pretty newsworthy and it will likely get lost in the roster discussion also taking place in this thread ;-)

Comment

Bumping this from the previous page, as it seems pretty newsworthy and it will likely get lost in the roster discussion also taking place in this thread ;-)
          The decision date according to the 247 Article is not coming until the end of April.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jamill...tal-207899354/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Totally agree, we have Skillings and then it's wide-open.... Ans Lakhin as others have pointed out.
            When he is healthy, Lahkin is capable to start for a Big XII roster. He has never maintained that health for an entire season, which is why I don’t consider him a capable starter. Plus, he seems to disappear against more athletic opponents, which will only get worse in the Big XII. He was a quality starter in the AAC but the verdict is still out on whether he can be an effective player against elevated competition. JMHO.
            Last edited by London 'Cat; 04-05-2023, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

When he is healthy, Lahkin is capable to start for a Big XII roster. He has never maintained that health for an entire season, which is why I don’t consider him a capable starter. Plus, he seems to disappear against more athletic opponents, which will only get worse in the Big XII. He was a quality starter in the AAC but the verdict is still out on whether he can be an effective player against elevated competition. JMHO.
              Vik against ranked opponents this year:

Arizona - 17 pts, 5 Reb, 1 BLK in only 18 minutes
              Ohio State - 12/4/2 in only 19 minutes
              Xavier - 16/8/2
              Houston - 16/6/2 steals
              Houston - 15/5/3

Comment

Jamille Reynolds is visiting UC tomorrow, per Dushawn London of 247

According to Jamille himself, his final five schools are Cincinnati, Kansas, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and UCF + "Decision will be made soon!!" https://twitter.com/jamillerey4/stat...90880857956363

Jamille actually was at UCF for two seasons before breaking out this past season with 10.1 and 5.4 in 20.0 minutes per game for Temple. He averaged just over a block per game as well, while connecting on over 60% of his field goal attempts.

He is listed at 6'10 and probably has two years of eligibility left.
                Since he transferred once already, would he have to sit out a year?

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Since he transferred once already, would he have to sit out a year?
                  Yes, unless he meets one of the exemptions
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Vik against ranked opponents this year:

Arizona - 17 pts, 5 Reb, 1 BLK in only 18 minutes
                    Ohio State - 12/4/2 in only 19 minutes
                    Xavier - 16/8/2
                    Houston - 16/6/2 steals
                    Houston - 15/5/3
                    That isn't exactly disappearing, is it?

Comment

• I think it was more fatigue and the effects of the ankle injury more so than fading, especially towards the end of season. I can recall several "bunnies" he missed instead of just dunking and can only assume it was because of the above mentioned situations.
                      Last edited by Rufus; 04-06-2023, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Current roster spots open:

1 - Jeremiah Davenport, transfer portal
                        2 - Landers Nolley, if he turns pro

Comment

• LSU center Shawn Phillips into the portal. The Dayton native was recruited for a while by UC, definitely by JB's staff but maybe even going back to Mick?

1.4 and 2.2 in 20 games as a freshman this past year.

Comment

• Louisville's leading scorer El Ellis, a 6'3 senior from Durham, North Carolina, heading to the portal.

Ellis played two years of Juco, two years at UL -- including this past season where he averaged 17.7 points per game. He had 13 in Maui versus UC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                              I think it was more fatigue and the effects of the ankle injury more so than fading, especially towards the end of season. I can recall several "bunnies" he missed instead of just dunking and can only assume it was because of the above mentioned situations.
                              I can also recall several dunks off pic and rolls, and also some acrobatic finesse layups. Excited to think about if he actually got some help in the post to take some pressure off.

Comment

• Yessir I've been saying the same thing. I look for even more development out of big Vik this coming season.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X