2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Caleb Love anyone? Maybe thru Wes' UNC ties. Probably not in the running, but a fairpy proven guy, and helps the inexperienced guards
    I believe he committed to Michigan. Apparently he has now de-committed.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...mmits-michigan
    Last edited by London 'Cat; 05-18-2023, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I believe he committed to Michigan.
      I believe there may be a higher bidder for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I believe there may be a higher bidder for him.
        Not this time. He did not have the academic credits necessary to transfer into UM. IU and other others are in the equation but I doubt he lands here.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Not this time. He did not have the academic credits necessary to transfer into UM. IU and other others are in the equation but I doubt he lands here.
          well that is the word they put out. Does anyone really know these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

well that is the word they put out. Does anyone really know these days.
            Similar thing happened last year with Texas Tech transfer Terrence Shannon who appeared Michigan-bound but ended up at Illinois (where he led them in scoring this year).

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Similar thing happened last year with Texas Tech transfer Terrence Shannon who appeared Michigan-bound but ended up at Illinois (where he led them in scoring this year).
              these are all fine academic schools with high standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post

Agreed with above-I'm also worried about the 2 time transfer issue too for Frederick/Reynolds. One way for the NCAA to (ha!) try to get control of the insanity that the transfer portal/NIL has become would be to go back to enforcing the one time "no penalty" transfer rule-would be typical Bearcat luck for them to do it this year when we really need these guys, but the portal is also out of control right now.

As far as Duke goes, they still have at least one guard pondering the draft but possible to come back so they have at least one scholly left to offer-I hope they go after Udeh and we get Aziz (but the same transfer concern applies to him-maybe he and Reynolds could get a waiver due to coaching change?)
                Duke is the likely landing spot for Udeh

(And guard Jeremy Roach is coming back)

Comment

• Seems like something the NCAA would do. But the decent thing would say it begins with the ‘24 class. Having a year of warning is vital for young athletes planning their future.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    Seems like something the NCAA would do. But the decent thing would say it begins with the ‘24 class. Having a year of warning is vital for young athletes planning their future.
                    The new transfer rules were distributed two months before Spring transfer portals opened. Both the schools and students knew the rules.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

The new transfer rules were distributed two months before Spring transfer portals opened. Both the schools and students knew the rules.
                      Two months isn’t enough time to prepare for a life changing decision. If they wanted to do it for this season, they should have at least notified everyone last summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Two months isn’t enough time to prepare for a life changing decision. If they wanted to do it for this season, they should have at least notified everyone last summer.
                        Transferring is still possible if unhappy where you are. Having to sit a year isn't that big of a deal. These are still student-athletes, for now, and we need to respect that. They are not free agents, completely.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Aziz tweets he’s announcing soon
                          https://twitter.com/abdoublvdo/statu...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

• Got him. Committed just now
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Talented but also 6’8. Hmm…https://twitter.com/cassidy_rob/stat...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

• Helps when I post things in the right thread and not in 2022. Here's a write up on Julian Philips. Free Article.

https://247sports.com/article/julian...e-n-210722102/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X