No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State added Brandton Chatfield, a 6'10 big from Seattle U yesterday https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...dton-chatfield

Comment

• Summarizing recent UC-specific activity from the last several days here in this thread, publicly we are aware of a number of guys in the transfer portal who UC has reached out to – but right now there are only a couple players who UC is clearly in on.

Connor Hickman
      6’3 junior guard from Bloomington, IN who spent the last three years at Bradley (one year of eligibility left)
      2023-24 averages: 14.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists, including 40.2% from three and 70.1% FT
      2023-24 Third Team all-Missouri Valley Conference
      https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...connor-hickman
      https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...-hickman/13104
      NOTES: UC has reportedly had one or two home visits with him (UC assistant Drew Adams came from Bradley); the IU 247 site recently reported IU was planning to bring him in for a visit on 4/14, while Connor was also working on scheduling a UC visit.

Marques Warrick
      6’2 senior guard from Lexington, KY who spent the last four year at NKU where is the all-time leading scorer (one year of eligibility left: COVID year)
      2023-24 averages: 19.9 points, 2.5 rebounds, 2.4 assists, including 29.8% from 3 and 86.7% FT
      2023-24 First Team all-Horizon League, plus was Horizon League Sportsmanship Award recipient
      https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...arques-warrick
      https://nkunorse.com/sports/mens-bas...s-warrick/5767
      NOTES: On Sunday, Joe Tipton (On3) reported a top five for Warrick of USC, Missouri, Penn State, Seton Hall and Cincinnati (of course, given the John Calipari news and the craziness to come with the coaching carousel, you never really know if someone's "final" list of schools is really that).

Comment

• Calipari is done at UK so expect some portaling there. Keep an eye Trey Perry, Somto Cyril and Jayden Quaintence. Out of those I say Perry is the least likely to go into the portal.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Calipari is done at UK so expect some portaling there. Keep an eye Trey Perry, Somto Cyril and Jayden Quaintence. Out of those I say Perry is the least likely to go into the portal.
          High school kids won't go through the portal

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

High school kids won't go through the portal
            Good point not sure what I was thinking there.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Calipari is done at UK so expect some portaling there. Keep an eye Trey Perry, Somto Cyril and Jayden Quaintence. Out of those I say Perry is the least likely to go into the portal.
              Chad Brendel noted that, while UC recruited Somto Cyril out of HS, that effort was led by Mike Roberts, who is no longer involved in coaching anywhere. Brendel figures Cyril either will stay at UK or follow Cal to AR.

Comment

• ...and when Perry announced for UK, I got the sense that he really didn't consider UC nor any place other then Kentucky.

Comment

• Arizona's Oumar Ballo is portaling. The 7 footer from Mali (hello, Dou) averaged 12.9 and 10.1 this year, and posted 21/10 versus UC in Maui last season. One year left.

Comment

• @JonRothstein: Boston College's Mason Madsen tells me that he will enter the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      @JonRothstein: Boston College's Mason Madsen tells me that he will enter the transfer portal.
                      Interesting development. He started their final 14 games so the move probably isn't about playing time. My guess would be he's trying to end up on a team with higher tournament aspirations.

Comment

• UC among the many schools to show interest in Oklahoma State standout Javon Small, who finally entered the portal today (per Jamie Shaw)

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Seven Razorbacks are in the portal, per 247sports.com. None of them have been "crystal balled" to any school.
                          not what I was gettin at, but I'll leave it alone

Comment

• Chad Brendel said on last night's podcast that he thinks UC is among Warrick's top 2 choices at the moment along with Missouri.

Also noted that the staff won't be rushing to pull the trigger on any particular player this early in the Spring unless they are for certain that they are the right fit for next season's squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carthage World View Post
                              Chad Brendel said on last night's podcast that he thinks UC is among Warrick's top 2 choices at the moment along with Missouri.

Also noted that the staff won't be rushing to pull the trigger on any particular player this early in the Spring unless they are for certain that they are the right fit for next season's squad.
                              Yep -- UC and Missouri perceived to be the top two, per "Trilly Donovan" (at least as of Sunday/Monday)

Also, if I am not mistaken, Missouri may be in a good spot for Iowa transfer Tony Perkins so that could help the Bearcats' chances

Comment

• Warrick doesn't excite me. He's an inefficient shooter and a poor defender. He's actually very good from midrange at 53%, but under 30% from three and barely 50% at the rim. His statistical profile is similar to Jizzle but with more threes at a low percentage and worse defense. The upside is he's been a better shooter in the past, hitting 36% on high volume each of his first three seasons. But he has also been a negative defender all four years. And his numbers have been really bad against top 100 competition the last three years. We already have a couple of high usage, inefficient guards. Before adding another, I would prefer to go after an efficient scorer on the wing.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X