No announcement yet.

Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is they do the interim coach to try and hold the roster intact. Given most of those kids were lured with Nil money as long as that stays in place it's likely the best result. They could soon be looking for a football coach as well so the new AD needs to get the hire right.

Comment

• Didn't they just fire their associate head coach just recently? That would just about diminish any possible internal candidates. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
        Didn't they just fire their associate head coach just recently? That would just about diminish any possible internal candidates. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
        The big NIL donators want a return on their money.This is just one more problem which the NIL has brought.

Comment

Didn't they just fire their associate head coach just recently? That would just about diminish any possible internal candidates. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
          Larry Harrison and that whole thing was extremely weird and I don’t think that was Bob’s call. Details never came out as far as I know.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

The big NIL donators want a return on their money.This is just one more problem which the NIL has brought.
            No I know it wasn't Huggs decision to let Harrison go but with both he and Erik M. gone there is no one in line to
            to replace Bob. And that NIL money just might remain intact if these recruits decide to decommit. But true, they are going to need a name to keep things from unraveling.

Comment

NIL donors equals pay-4-play. I am so disgusted by the turn of events in WVU, which is a microcosm of all college sports. I'm 100% for the kids `being able to make pocket money to eat, go on a date, or go home to visit family/friends, but it has gotten out of hand.

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Apparently joining Penny Hardaway's staff at Memphis
                Rick Stansbury may be starting the year as acting head coach at Memphis -- Penny to miss the first three games for a recruiting violation https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...n/70341884007/

Comment

• ESPN reports that Andy Kennedy is a leading candidate to replace Bob Huggins at WV.

Comment

Rick Stansbury may be starting the year as acting head coach at Memphis -- Penny to miss the first three games for a recruiting violation https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...n/70341884007/

Penny, Penny, Penny. Hands caught in the recruiting cookie jar again.

Comment

Penny, Penny, Penny. Hands caught in the recruiting cookie jar again.
                      3 games may seem minor but the case is being documented.

Comment

Yes I know, just like all the other cases he ( & Memphis ) has documented.

Comment

And they will just be the early cupcake teams that he will miss.

Comment

• I think Penny is working to get his own day memorialized. Every June gets him an automatic suspension for violations committed. See NCAA infractions ( not UC) #16

Comment

• Jeff Goodman: West Virginia AD Wren Baker sat down with assistants Ron Everhart and Josh Eilert yesterday and will do a zoom today with UAB’s Andy Kennedy, source told @Stadium. That’s not complete list of candidates to replace Bob Huggins, but Baker hopeful to have a new coach in place by Monday, per source.

Comment

Jeff Goodman: West Virginia AD Wren Baker sat down with assistants Ron Everhart and Josh Eilert yesterday and will do a zoom today with UAB’s Andy Kennedy, source told @Stadium. That’s not complete list of candidates to replace Bob Huggins, but Baker hopeful to have a new coach in place by Monday, per source.
                                Eilert named interim head coach https://wvusports.com/news/2023/6/24...all-coach.aspx

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X