Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    My two cents into getting transfers from tosu is, the Big 10 stinks this year. Look at MSU record. They had a gruesome out of conference schedule (or at least their record indicated so) but they have been tearing up the Bit 10. Maybe, the tosu players will want to play in the toughest conference in the country.
    The two I mentioned are quality players who can make UC better at a position of need.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Sean Miller is a name to watch for Ohio State... if he left, 99.999999999% chance Chris Mack would be back at Xavier, right?
      Gawwwwd no
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• There are many more lining up for the Ohio State job. They are paying 5 million and a cupboard full of NIL money for players. Some say Mick, but the folks remember the probation due to Damon Flint. Some like the SC coach and others the Creighton. I am sure they have plenty of quality candidates with the money and a new arena in the works. A new pro sports President and a money raising machine as their new AD surely helps. On a side note, it will make it even sweeter when the Cats beat them.
        Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-15-2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Wes is the favorite according to Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimer_uc_fan View Post
            wes is the favorite according to sports illustrated.
            UC Can Not Let That Happen!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

UC Can Not Let That Happen!!!
              lots of talk - I think the phones will be ringing in Columbus with many applicants. It is the new ADs hire and I am sure he wants to make a splash. He has the cash. Lots of names being thrown around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                Wes is the favorite according to Sports Illustrated.
                Surely that wouldn't happen, right? That is tough to imagine. I gotta believe we are solid at this point. Any reason the really think otherwise?

Comment

• Originally posted by UC4me View Post

Surely that wouldn't happen, right? That is tough to imagine. I gotta believe we are solid at this point. Any reason the really think otherwise?
                  some like Dusty May or Lamont Paris. A name being thrown around is McDermott from Creighton, but he is near 60. With the cash tOSU has and their new cache of NIL money, it might be a s surprise who they hire. I believe the line is long.

Comment

• Would there be any interest by tosu to bring Huggins back to Ohio? I know that he is an old man now but he still knows his X's and O's.

Comment

Would there be any interest by tosu to bring Huggins back to Ohio? I know that he is an old man now but he still knows his X's and O's.
                      Huggs looks really good now, but I think tOSU wants a younger man. He would be very good there. Of course, he has always been very good.

Comment

• Arizona coach Tommy Lloyd has signed a contract extension that will keep him in Tucson until at least 2029, per the school. He’ll make $5.25 million in year one, rising to $6 million in year five.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Arizona coach Tommy Lloyd has signed a contract extension that will keep him in Tucson until at least 2029, per the school. He’ll make $5.25 million in year one, rising to $6 million in year five.
                          The timing of this is wild. New AD as of today.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Would there be any interest by tosu to bring Huggins back to Ohio? I know that he is an old man now but he still knows his X's and O's.
                            I can't see him ever coaching again. Too much awful press in too many places over too long a period of time. Time is not his friend either given his age. I hate history will put him in a Knight/Pitino category (great coaches with massive problems) rather than a Dean Smith/Coach K category.

Someone needs to get hired soon at OSU that is not W. Miller so we can just rest again. I know some are not sold on Miller (I am sold on him), but we do not need yet another coach search-rebuild stretch again.

Comment

• Originally posted by UC4me View Post

I can't see him ever coaching again. Too much awful press in too many places over too long a period of time. Time is not his friend either given his age. I hate history will put him in a Knight/Pitino category (great coaches with massive problems) rather than a Dean Smith/Coach K category.

Someone needs to get hired soon at OSU that is not W. Miller so we can just rest again. I know some are not sold on Miller (I am sold on him), but we do not need yet another coach search-rebuild stretch again.
                              I’m sold on Wes too, and lots of other people are too. UC is big time now, time to act like it and keep our coach.

Comment

• Interesting comment from Steve Helwagen (Bucknuts) when asked " My personal hope is for a proven coach that has recruited nationally and is effective through the portal but is that realistic " His answer was " Of course it is. This is Ohio State and they have more money than any other school and it sounds like the collectives are rounding into shape to pay players as well."

It looks as though Arizona has set the 5-6 million bar. I believe salaries will be soaring with the new TV contracts and big power conferences.

What does this mean for UC? The wallets will have to be opened and opened wide.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X