Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I get what you're saying but I think you made a leap there. "Holier than thou" could refer to a whole bunch of schools like say, Baylor or Liberty or technically even Duke. There's quite a few Jesuit schools out there that most people don't have an issue with, like SLU. Then there's Xavier. But yeah It would be nice if we could beat them on the court.

Re: Mack, I think the things that Miller and Mack were doing at X no longer apply. NIL has killed that advantage for them. Now everyone can play that game.
    It just hit me the wrong way.

Comment

• All talk of religious schools is in poor taste as it can be offensive to individuals. I don't think the post was a hit on the RCC, but some schools due to being private think of themselves as better. Holier than thou has become a cliche for thinking of oneself as better without a religious notation. Now I know that some at Duke consider themselves a tad better due to money and certainty not to any vestige that they have of the Methodists. The Kids I meet at Princeton when I go for a pizza at Nomads are very nice. BTW I really like their pizza, but Conte's is the old-time bar pizzeria, and they have great steak sandwiches. St. Peter's here in Jersey and St. Joseph in Philly are both Jesuit and religion is about the last thing that is spoken of. I think it was just an expression stating an attitude in general and not a religious slur. I have met some at another Jesuit school that many have an attitude, but it is because they are ND and not Society of Jesus affiliated. Then again, I have not met all who attend. I will say that a school which started to be the academic opposite of religious schools such as Harvard, Yale and Princeton without being religious has a large attitude of many who think they are better. At least it has been my experience at the University of Chicago Law School. (wow what a better than thou attitude was my post)

I would like to see the beloved Bearcats play X again and see who is better on the court.
      Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I would like to see the beloved Bearcats play X again and see who is better on the court.
        You may get your wish if we both get into the NIT

Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

You may get your wish if we both get into the NIT
          I want both X and tOSU

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I want both X and tOSU
            tO$U is playing much better under their interim coach. I'm not convinced UC would win. X has UC's number. I don't like that matchup either. UC would likely lose both games.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

tO$U is playing much better under their interim coach. I'm not convinced UC would win. X has UC's number. I don't like that matchup either. UC would likely lose both games.
              How much sweeter would be a victory. Never back down.

Comment

• I think that you can trace cheating at xavier back over the past 5 coaches. Every one of them got busted for cheating at their newer big state university. As for now, as stated by Lobot, NIL has leveled the playing field where past cheating just goes unchecked today.

Comment

• Now that Huggs isn't at WVU, we need to find a way to get DerMarr Johnson back in Clifton.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Missouri State has opened . Ben McCollum appears to be the main target
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

John Brannen looking for another opportunity.
                      https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...n/72842427007/
                      This is a good piece on a man that is trying to get better as a leader. Brannen even goes to visit some business leaders and current coaches (Matt Painter, Billy Donovan, Kelvin Sampson, etc.) to talk with them concerning leadership. Miller needs to do something like that to EXPAND his defensive approaches to basketball and the way he thinks about defensive strategy. Giving up 70 points a game (conference) will not result in many NCAA Tourney births.

Comment

• Half of William and Mary's players are in the portal this afternoon. I'm assuming there's a coach firing here? If not yikes.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Miami’s Jim Larrañaga tells Jeff Goodman he’ll be back

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                            Now that Huggs isn't at WVU, we need to find a way to get DerMarr Johnson back in Clifton.
                            CWM was livid that Demarr was not recognized on the WVU staff as being a former bearcat at his post game presser Maybe he's lobbying for that to occur

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

CWM was livid that Demarr was not recognized on the WVU staff as being a former bearcat at his post game presser Maybe he's lobbying for that to occur
                              Rumors of Loeffler being in play at Loyola Maryland

DerMarr unlikely to be retained at WVU after a new head coach is hired

Could happen

Comment

• [QUOTE=bearcatbret;n413213]I think that you can trace cheating at xavier back over the past 5 coaches. Every one of them got busted for cheating at their newer big state university. As for now, as stated by Lobot, NIL has leveled the playing field where past cheating just goes unchecked today. [

inquiring minds want to know, beyond Miller’s
                                well known plight.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X