No announcement yet.

Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one here is crying for the college of central Ohio at Columbus.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
      since nil is now legal for everyone, I think that coach cal lost his big $$ bag advantage. I don't think UK cares if he left - that saved the school a huge payout, and should get it some younger, energetic leadership. my question is, has anybody heard any numbers, as to cal's new deal with arkansas? probably wrong, but I can't imagine that arkansas would meet or beat what uk was paying.
      Tyson Foods will make Cal very rich
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

since nil is now legal for everyone, I think that coach cal lost his big $$ bag advantage. I don't think UK cares if he left - that saved the school a huge payout, and should get it some younger, energetic leadership. my question is, has anybody heard any numbers, as to cal's new deal with arkansas? probably wrong, but I can't imagine that arkansas would meet or beat what uk was paying.
        Per Pete Thamel & Jeff Borzello of ESPN:

"Calipari's contract is expected to have an overall base salary of slightly less than the $8.5 million he's making at Kentucky, sources told ESPN. However, the deal is expected to be incentive-laden with the ability to pass that number."

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Per Pete Thamel & Jeff Borzello of ESPN:

"Calipari's contract is expected to have an overall base salary of slightly less than the $8.5 million he's making at Kentucky, sources told ESPN. However, the deal is expected to be incentive-laden with the ability to pass that number."
          thanks ------

Comment

• Nate Oats . Staying put
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• i heard part of an interview with Cronin - he was practically begging UK to offer him the job - I can't imagine that happening - at this point, I also can't imagine him being at ucla much longer - he's been ragging on the ucla setup now for months

Comment

i heard part of an interview with Cronin - he was practically begging UK to offer him the job - I can't imagine that happening - at this point, I also can't imagine him being at ucla much longer - he's been ragging on the ucla setup now for months
                You know Cronin is going to be ranting a lot this upcoming year when UCLA is traveling cross country for Big Ten games -- not looking out for the student-athletes etc etc

Comment

• UK will contact Billy Donovan, Scott Drew and Dan Hurley per Kentucky Sports Radio. No mention of Cronin so far.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Calipari put out a video on social media, and UK's AD put out a statement as well - next up: Arkansas making things official

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      UK will contact Billy Donovan, Scott Drew and Dan Hurley per Kentucky Sports Radio. No mention of Cronin so far.
                      Hurley effectively took his name out already
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• UCONN's a **** of a gig and Hurley's a great coach. I don't see him leaving for some time.

Comment

• UK has offered the job to Scott Drew at Baylor
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Billy Donovan staying put in the NBA.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Arkansas makes it official
                              https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/hall-...ck-basketball/

Calipari has signed a five-year contract to lead the Razorbacks with a salary beginning at $7 million per season. The contract runs through April 30, 2029 with a maximum of two automatic rollover years for NCAA Tournament appearances that would extend the contract to 2031. The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus and features retention bonuses of $500,000 each year of the contract along with one-time bonuses for making the NCAA Tournament, reaching the second round, Sweet 16, Final Four and winning a national championship.

Comment

• Former UC assistant Tony Stubblefield is returning to Oregon as an assistant, where he coached before taking the DePaul gig.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X