Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

UWGB is going to hire, wait for it, ... Doug Gottlieb as next head coach

CBS article - "As part of the terms of his employment, Gottlieb will continue to host his nationally syndicated daily radio show for Fox Sports Radio, a source told CBS Sports. It's an unprecedented arrangement: Gottlieb will be a Division I coach and a member of the media simultaneously. "
    I'll ask the question. Which job is the side gig?
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Per Chad Brendel, UC will replace Josh Loeffler shortly. He cannot divulge the name yet. He did say the new assistant has vast D1 assistant coaching experience at the D1 level & has worked with a number of players who have played in the NBA. He also has been a D1 head coach at some time in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
        Per Chad Brendel, UC will replace Josh Loeffler shortly. He cannot divulge the name yet. He did say the new assistant has vast D1 assistant coaching experience at the D1 level & has worked with a number of players who have played in the NBA. He also has been a D1 head coach at some time in the past.
        Josh Loeffler Named Men’s Basketball Coach at Loyola

Comment

• Let the speculation begin. I'll take a random stab and say it will be someone with a UNC background.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Let the speculation begin. I'll take a random stab and say it will be someone with a UNC background.
            The Cats need a jack of all trades coach - Ball handling, free throw shooting and shooting. My hope was that CWM would handle the ball handling and maybe we will see major improvement this year. If so, big man help and of course recruiting.

Comment

• Brendel won't divulge the name, but said the new assistant is a current SEC assistant who also has been an assistant in both the B10 & BE, in addition to having been a D1 HC somewhere.

Comment

• I figured it out. Should I blurt it out or wait?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I figured it out. Should I blurt it out or wait?
                  Some posters at bearcatjournal.com already think they have it, but Chad Brendel won't confirm anything. The coach in question apparently is still under contract. He's known as the "Shot Doctor". I'll keep people hanging on. If you want to go further, let 'er rip.

Comment

• Looks like Tim Buckley at South Carolina
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Bradley meets all of Brendel's parameters: Current SEC assistant. Prior assistant at Marquette (two stints). Followed Tom Crean to IN as the Hoosiers' top assistant for nine years. He also was head coach at Ball State for six years between the Marquette stints.

Comment

Looks like Tim Buckley at South Carolina
                        was also a good songwriter and singer.

Comment

• On a podcast tonight, Brendel provided another clue that nails it down to being Tim Bradley. Paraphrasing Brendel: UC are now several degrees of separation closer to Tom Crean.

Comment

• Was well-liked at IU during his time with Tom Crean. Well-traveled and experienced. Can confirm the “Shot Doctor” nickname.

Met him once at a Loveland/Mason game in 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Was well-liked at IU during his time with Tom Crean. Well-traveled and experienced. Can confirm the “Shot Doctor” nickname.

Met him once at a Loveland/Mason game in 2009.
                              Checked in with an IU connection re: former assistant coach Tim Buckley -- "He’s a very good coach as an assistant"

Comment

• why did he want to leave SC?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X