No announcement yet.

Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would suspect that BYU takes a step back next year. I wonder how all of those "Way too Early" polls will change now.

Comment

• Kentucky makes it official
      https://ukathletics.com/news/2024/04...ns-basketball/

Comment

• Well at least it wasn't Quick Rick Pitino!

Comment

• Phoenix Suns assistant Kevin Young is likely the next BYU coach, per various reports

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Phoenix Suns assistant Kevin Young is likely the next BYU coach, per various reports
            Just announced. Done deal.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Phoenix Suns assistant Kevin Young is likely the next BYU coach, per various reports
              That ends that version of Musical Chairs:

1. SMU fired Rob Lanier and hired Andy Enfield from USC (while Rice fired Scott Pera and hired Lanier);
              2. USC hired Eric Musselman from AR;
              3. AR hired John Calipari from KY;
              4. KY hired Mark Pope from BYU;
              5. BYU hired an NBA assistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

That ends that version of Musical Chairs:

1. SMU fired Rob Lanier and hired Andy Enfield from USC (while Rice fired Scott Pera and hired Lanier);
                2. USC hired Eric Musselman from AR;
                3. AR hired John Calipari from KY;
                4. KY hired Mark Pope from BYU;
                5. BYU hired an NBA assistant.
                Someone will need to become the top paid assisstant in the NBA.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Matt Graves, associate head coach at Indiana State, will be the next ISU head coach.
                  Indiana State is adding New Orleans HC Mark Slessinger (an Indiana native) as associate head coach. I believe this is at least the second instance in this cycle of a smaller program's coach leaving for an assistant gig. Similar to what we saw in football. I wouldn't be surprised if the portal/NIL is a factor here. Obviously ISU will have guys poached by bigger programs, but probably hard at the lower programs where any talented player you bring in will transfer up.

Comment

• @MattNorlander:

NEWS: Top Baylor assistant Alvin Brooks III is leaving the Bears to join Mark Pope's staff at Kentucky, sources tell @CBSSports. He spent the past eight years under Scott Drew and will be associate HC @ UK. Brooks is highly respected in the profession. It's a major coup for Pope.

Comment

@MattNorlander:

NEWS: Top Baylor assistant Alvin Brooks III is leaving the Bears to join Mark Pope's staff at Kentucky, sources tell @CBSSports. He spent the past eight years under Scott Drew and will be associate HC @ UK. Brooks is highly respected in the profession. It's a major coup for Pope.
                      Link Academy head coach Bill Armstrong is headed to Baylor as an assistant.

I think the the Link to UC pipeline wasn't really a thing, but I'm pretty sure now UC won't have any more of a shot at a Link kid as anyone else...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X