No announcement yet.

2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yost gave them a deadline to resolve the issue of end business on 10/27. UC is expecting to hear something today and Reynolds may also be involved.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Yost gave them a deadline to resolve the issue of end business on 10/27. UC is expecting to hear something today and Reynolds may also be involved.
      I’m still skeptical about the whole thing. Yost is running for another office or he wouldn’t have done this. I don’t think him grandstanding and using UC students for his own benefit will help UC going forward. I hope I’m wrong, but I see his effort as less than sincere, and just worry it will backfire against UC.

Comment

• I'm just happy he took a shot at it even if he cut and pasted the UNC letter. Usually UC can't get politicians in Columbus to do much of anything in UC's favor because tOSU
        Last edited by Lobot; 10-28-2023, 01:55 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Looks like the NCAA is going to be getting a deluge of letters from attorneys general (and politicians running for other offices...

https://www.si.com/college/westvirgi...raequan-battle
          https://www.si.com/college/westvirgi...demand-answers

Comment

• There is an article in the Enquirer about NCAA's response, but I am not able to read since I do not subscribe. Anyone else see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
              There is an article in the Enquirer about NCAA's response, but I am not able to read since I do not subscribe. Anyone else see it?
              NCAA representative said the appeal is under review, so no pertinent response. He added, though, that the schools made the rules & have not changed them since they originally limited second transfers.

Comment

• It seems clear to me that getting approvals for two time transfers are difficult to achieve. I do not see how involvement by politicians will help. Something like the following might work. A professional psychologist states, in writing, that it is his professional opinion that the player will suffer irreparable psychological damage if he is not allowed to play. Another professional psychologist confirms the diagnosis. These documents are submitted to the NCAA along with a carefully crafted letter from a law firm which respectfully asks the NCAA to grant the transfer waiver. Will the NCAA ignore the professional diagnoses, thereby risking a law suit?

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

NCAA representative said the appeal is under review, so no pertinent response. He added, though, that the schools made the rules & have not changed them since they originally limited second transfers.
                  Rob Dauster mentioned on XTwit the other day that the current rules on two time transfers were actually asked for by coaches. Which coaches I don't know but this is a mess at this point.

https://twitter.com/RobDauster/statu...49609722360294
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                    It seems clear to me that getting approvals for two time transfers are difficult to achieve. I do not see how involvement by politicians will help. Something like the following might work. A professional psychologist states, in writing, that it is his professional opinion that the player will suffer irreparable psychological damage if he is not allowed to play. Another professional psychologist confirms the diagnosis. These documents are submitted to the NCAA along with a carefully crafted letter from a law firm which respectfully asks the NCAA to grant the transfer waiver. Will the NCAA ignore the professional diagnoses, thereby risking a law suit?
                    Sounds reasonable to me. But, no psychologist is going to risk his license unless it's true.

Comment

• This whole thing now is a cluster you know what. I see no way that both of these players get granted waivers. Knowing that it was a risk we should have never rolled the dice on two two time transfers. And besides that we may not get a decision on either one till after bball schedule has started forcing the two and others to sit out of bball for a year or even dropout of school in pursuit of pursuing their career.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                        It seems clear to me that getting approvals for two time transfers are difficult to achieve. I do not see how involvement by politicians will help. Something like the following might work. A professional psychologist states, in writing, that it is his professional opinion that the player will suffer irreparable psychological damage if he is not allowed to play. Another professional psychologist confirms the diagnosis. These documents are submitted to the NCAA along with a carefully crafted letter from a law firm which respectfully asks the NCAA to grant the transfer waiver. Will the NCAA ignore the professional diagnoses, thereby risking a law suit?
                        Just to clarify on the politicians getting involved. The Ohio AG represents UC as its legal counsel, as it does all state universities. Yost wrote the letter not as a political stunt but as UC’s counsel under the Ohio Revised Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I’m still skeptical about the whole thing. Yost is running for another office or he wouldn’t have done this. I don’t think him grandstanding and using UC students for his own benefit will help UC going forward. I hope I’m wrong, but I see his effort as less than sincere, and just worry it will backfire against UC.
                          This is a ridiculous take, and quite frankly uncalled for. The simple fact is that the UNC case set a precedent to follow.

Please take your political bias somewhere else

Comment

• Outside of the appeal filed by UC for Reynolds, is anything else going on, since it seems he wasn’t mentioned in that AG letter? Does he have a weaker case than Aziz?

Comment

• Yeah, it's a cluster for sure. It must be devastating to the athletes. I'm sure basketball is their life. If I were in their shoes I would think seriously about dropping out and playing pro ball in Europe or somewhere.

Comment

• "Yost gave them a deadline to resolve the issue of end business on 10/27".

Well now that Yost's deadline has come and gone, we now have less than a week before games begin to be played. This feet dragging is so unfair to all of these kids not just ours. When there's so much money, options and limited opportunity available, riding on a decision you would think that decisions would be handed down sooner. Or maybe the decision has already been made and that's the reason for having nothing announced.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X