2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
    Was Yost only involved with Aziz or with Jamille as well ? Just wondering what the timeline for him might be
    No one was going to approach the NCAA with legal threats for either, until the appeals were denied. Wes Miller said that the NCAA informed UC's compliance department that Reynolds' appeal wouldn't be heard until sometime in December.

Comment

• I just read on ESPN that Aziz' appeal has been approved and he is immediately eligible.

Comment

• Today in Jamille Reynolds things. from AG Dave Yost:

A TRO hearing in our antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA will be heard at 10 AM Wednesday morning in federal court.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Rothstein is reporting that CJ Fredrick is close to the point where he can practice full go.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Rothstein is reporting that CJ Fredrick is close to the point where he can practice full go.
            Dan Hoard hinted at that last Sat.

Comment

• I get that CJ is needed and wanted and I would very much like to have him available as we go down the last leg of the conference schedule and into the tournaments but how long are we going to have him before he's down again?. If his hamstrings are that spongy then why even risk going down again. I mean he really didn't do anything in the first games prior to the conference beginning to hurt him self other than having prior history of injury. Am I being to pessimistic in this situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                I get that CJ is needed and wanted and I would very much like to have him available as we go down the last leg of the conference schedule and into the tournaments but how long are we going to have him before he's down again?. If his hamstrings are that spongy then why even risk going down again. I mean he really didn't do anything in the first games prior to the conference beginning to hurt him self other than having prior history of injury. Am I being to pessimistic in this situation?
                I just hope people aren't thinking of him as some sort of savior.

Comment

• I agree. It could possibly be more detrimental to bring him in and "general" the team for several games and God forbid he gets lost again come tournament time. This is a very precarious position for Miller to be in.

Comment

I agree. It could possibly be more detrimental to bring him in and "general" the team for several games and God forbid he gets lost again come tournament time. This is a very precarious position for Miller to be in.
                    well my physical therapist said once a bad ham string always a bad ham string as well as once a bad back always a bad back. My knees were replaced but you can't do that with all body parts.

Comment

• If CJ is ready to come back soon, then CJ will be back soon. They can ease him in. But would love to see him healthy-ish and ready to fire up some triples off the bench. Sure he went 1/7 combined in losses to XU and UD, but he's still the leading shooter on the team (44%), even if the sample size is smaller than the guys who have played all season.

And when you listen to how Wes has spoken about CJ in press conferences and on the radio, it is clear he does a lot more for the team/his teammates than just catch and shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        If CJ is ready to come back soon, then CJ will be back soon. They can ease him in. But would love to see him healthy-ish and ready to fire up some triples off the bench. Sure he went 1/7 combined in losses to XU and UD, but he's still the leading shooter on the team (44%), even if the sample size is smaller than the guys who have played all season.

And when you listen to how Wes has spoken about CJ in press conferences and on the radio, it is clear he does a lot more for the team/his teammates than just catch and shoot.
                        In addition, he’s somebody who can pressure a defense, or at least be something else to worry about. We’ve struggled against zone defenses, and he can challenge a zone with his shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          If CJ is ready to come back soon, then CJ will be back soon. They can ease him in. But would love to see him healthy-ish and ready to fire up some triples off the bench. Sure he went 1/7 combined in losses to XU and UD, but he's still the leading shooter on the team (44%), even if the sample size is smaller than the guys who have played all season.

His poor shooting was due to the hamstring as he didn't have good form due to the bad hamstring. I speculated on that issue. He had no spring on his shot. They finally had to bench him.

Comment

• If his hamstring wasn't fully functional after last off season and hitting the portal I don't see how these last 5-6 weeks are going to fully mend it. When was his last surgery prior to the portal. It was my understanding that this has been a persistent problem throughout his career.
                            Last edited by Rufus; 01-29-2024, 07:45 PM.

Comment

If his hamstring wasn't fully functional after last off season and hitting the portal I don't see how these last 5-6 weeks are going to fully mend it. When was his last surgery prior to the portal. It was my understanding that this has been a persistent problem throughout his career.
                              Perhaps he sees his time on the court is short and he loves it so much, he wants to play as much as he can. He can get relief with rest, but the strain on it by playing the sport will usually cause problems. Rest when the career is over as he won't be constantly aggravating it. It is his hometown team and he may want to play in front of family and friends. It will soon be over unless somehow he gets well enough to go oversea and play, but that is a big if.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X