No announcement yet.

Big 12 talk is back thanks to Texas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I hope the Bearcats have the patience to wait for the ACC, assuming that offer would ever come is the crap shoot. It is and will be going forward a much better fit for UC, a much healthier conference, and one that affords much more attractive rivalries and geographic appeal. The Big 12 is a tenuous situation that is likely to change and lose key members potentially soon after we were to join. Its travel and member schools is not conducive to rivalries or appeal for our fan base or recruiting base. Having said that, it is certainly more appealing than staying in the AAC but my preference would definitely be the ACC and I would be willing to let things play out for a year or two before I panicked and made an impulsive decision that we would regret like WVU did.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of smoke for future expansion. I believe movements will begin after this year's bowl season. I believe the NCAA will stick their guns, and make 12 teams a conference a mandate for championship game. I also believe Cincinnati will be there #1 target for these reasons.

1. Tommy Tubberville took the job. Why would he leave a BCS conference if something wasn't brewing?

2. Nippert expansion is going forward. The first brochure I received on the expansion was that it was not going to break ground until all the funding was in place. Now less than a year later the University has raised 86 million?

3. Even if Texas and Oklahoma leave the conference is more viable with Kansas, Baylor, West Virginia than Tulane, Temple, and USF.

Waiting to see what happens. Either way I will always support the Bearcats!

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        Personally, I hope the Bearcats have the patience to wait for the ACC, assuming that offer would ever come is the crap shoot. It is and will be going forward a much better fit for UC, a much healthier conference, and one that affords much more attractive rivalries and geographic appeal. The Big 12 is a tenuous situation that is likely to change and lose key members potentially soon after we were to join. Its travel and member schools is not conducive to rivalries or appeal for our fan base or recruiting base. Having said that, it is certainly more appealing than staying in the AAC but my preference would definitely be the ACC and I would be willing to let things play out for a year or two before I panicked and made an impulsive decision that we would regret like WVU did.
        How the **** does the AAC have better rivalries and fit geographically? After this year, we lose our one conference rival and the closest team will be 8 hours away. In the Big12, we'd at least have West Virginia at half that distance who we established a pretty nice series with in the Big East. It wouldn't be as good as he ACC with Louisville and Pitt, but it would sure be better than The American.

Comment

Originally posted by jnewyouth View Post
          How the **** does the AAC have better rivalries and fit geographically? After this year, we lose our one conference rival and the closest team will be 8 hours away. In the Big12, we'd at least have West Virginia at half that distance who we established a pretty nice series with in the Big East. It wouldn't be as good as he ACC with Louisville and Pitt, but it would sure be better than The American.
          He was speaking of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), easily confused with the AAC in name only. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ucjay99 View Post
            He was speaking of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), easily confused with the AAC in name only. lol
            My apologies to RedDog.
            I misread ACC as AAC. I agree with him completely and would delete my initial response if I could. Thanks ucjay99

Comment

Originally posted by uccat04 View Post
              So, this would be the 1,098,995,000th rumor. Probably nothing...seeing as it's coming from a 20 year old kid. But I get excited (probably only to be let down) regardless.

http://cincyontheprowl.com/2013/11/0...-big-12-bound/
              Fingers crossed.

Comment

I think it's very possible coaches are telling recruits UC will be moving to the Big 12 and I also think UC is getting interest from the Big 12. We would be a perfect fit for the conference. Our enrollment, size of our research capabilities, location in state of Ohio, recent football and basketball success, media market, facilities are all in line with the Big 12. If we joined the Big 12 today, we would be the second largest school with the third largest media market. We may not offer a couple of sports consistent with other Big 12 schools, but that can easily be changed. I also think Whit has connections within the Big 12 league office. The Big 12 knows that UC is ready for a change. I don't see an ACC offer coming anytime soon. UC to the Big 12 would also dramatically boost the conference presence in basketball. BYU might be the other choice or one of the Florida schools such as UCF or USF or both. Texas has also be rumored to be holding things up and with a new AD on board, that may now change the league outlook and direction.

Comment

Ex O$U president Gordon Gee named interim president at West Virginia. This is probably not a good sign for us as I had hoped WVU would be in favor of adding UC to the Big 12, if for no other reason than geography.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...t-virginia-job

Comment

Strange choice, but wv is a strange place, Gee, Huggins and Holgorsen. The 3 amigos. Ha.

Comment

For what it is worth on gee and the big 12, he ruffled feather in the sec in his days at vandy. I would not expect he would carry much weight with the existing big 12 schools. He's not well like outside of big 10 circles.

The real question here is if osu is so big and bad, why do they not try to get into the SEC and quit blocking UC in the midwest. osu always talks a lot of smack about their competition etc while waltzing thru the big 10, but at this point why do they not try to head to the SEC. If they really want to play at that level, then walk the walk and quit whining.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        The real question here is if osu is so big and bad, why do they not try to get into the SEC and quit blocking UC in the midwest. osu always talks a lot of smack about their competition etc while waltzing thru the big 10, but at this point why do they not try to head to the SEC. If they really want to play at that level, then walk the walk and quit whining.
                        Come on...really? I dont think thats the "real question"...I cant even think of one good reason why they would ever want to leave the B1G.

Comment

Originally posted by binturong07 View Post
                          Come on...really? I dont think thats the "real question"...I cant even think of one good reason why they would ever want to leave the B1G.
                          Right you are. Remember it's not about winning, it's about money. And the B1G will keep raking it in as long as suckers are fooled by a reputation earned by the B1G over 40 years ago.

Comment

One reason, the reason is real simple, if you want to be a big boy, you need to beat the big boys. The reality is that they would lose games in the sec, so they would not want to do it, but it's the only thing that will shut the critics up. They could make as much money in the sec, trust me.

Comment

Mack is reportedly stepping down from Texas per Chip Brown at Orangebloods.

Here goes the earth of its' axis for a while.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Mack is reportedly stepping down from Texas per Chip Brown at Orangebloods.

Here goes the earth of its' axis for a while.
                                As someone who is terribly interested in this topic, but admittedly hasn't kept up enough...what does Mack stepping down do for UC?

I know all about the control the Horns have over the Big 12...but...?

All kinds of apologies if this is an idiotic question.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X